• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Crusaders v Brumbies

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Was encouraging to see the Brumbies still playing an expansive game despite missing 7 of their top players. The young and inexperienced players all had good games but Luke Reimer was disappointing. Can't understand Bernie replacing Cale who had been strong instead of Reimer who missed too many tackles and gave away too many penalties.

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
I feel for the Brumbies. First 2 trys crusaders score.
First one is after Richie knocks on and somehow crusader's get the scrum ? Then a penalty, lineout and score.
Then second try the chases were clearly offside when they chased the kick and scored.

These hometown Kiwi refs are great

Crusaders are so good at getting people in the way which makes it impossible to clean out.

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
Pikeroll is a joke. 35 min in Brumbies with great defence and kick. Murehead makes a great tackle and crusaders players by the time go off their feet seeling the ball off. Then Brumbies line out. Crusaders player lying all over the ball and he calls unplayable ? Because a crusaders player is laying on the ball? Wow

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
Crusaders are the masters and getting away with everything. Their work at the breakdown is next level. It's like the ref is blind. No idea how he can't see the hands in the ruck, offside, laying in the ball. It's next level

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
Great play by toole to create that knock on but the crusaders player who "cleans out" and ends up on the wrong side of the ruck in the way of anyone trying to pilfer. How do they get away with this crap. I'm on a rant baby !

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
No idea how these guys get paid. Crusaders in defence infringe every ruck and the ref never touches the whistle. Brumbies getting pumped on the whistle

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
Hahah crusaders player off feet. Never releases and wins a penalty hahahaha wow.

Someone cool me down

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
Hahaha 66 min calls a pen against crusaders for in the side. What about the other 50 times in the game ?

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
Barret tackles Brumbies player in the air in the line out which creates a knock on. Wtf are they watching ? At 67 min.

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
Crusaders last try. How's the clean outs from the saders past the ball, cause havoc and crates options for the boys.

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
No one's beating the Kiwi sides if the ref allows them to play like that in and around the ruck. And not allow the other team to do the same. Pikeroll hang it up. You have been pick and rolled

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Yeh I watch it after and just shred on here. I think it's a better way of doing it.
Considerate.

Later at night.

The sensitive, impressionable eyes of the children are spared.....

giphy.gif

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Exactly. The snowflakes are in bed. Mate. That was a joke. Every comment of mine is valid ref was shocking. Same as last week in NZ.
Yep Shiggins the same as every game you watch where an Aussie team gets beaten, but you win award for consistency , there is no doubt about that.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
WOB, not sure if you remember the O'Donnels from Levin, pretty sure the wing for Brumbies is Whanau of their, think he's Midge's grandson. Certainly looks like them too.

Was really good mates with Paul & on nodding terms with Brian & Midge. Pretty sure I found Ben is indeed Midge's grandson via a backgrounder during his time with Aus 7's.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Was really good mates with Paul & on nodding terms with Brian & Midge. Pretty sure I found Ben is indeed Midge's grandson via a backgrounder during his time with Aus 7's.
Yep, I just couldn't remember if Ben was the one who played 7s as well. Lol mind you it hard not to know the O'Donnels in Levin, there was almost as many of them as there was of my family!! ;) Paul was pretty good mates of mu brother in law growing up too, they lived over road from Mrs family. And I guess it a sign of age that the ones I went to school with have got Grandkids long time rugby players :mad: