• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Crusaders v Chiefs SF 10/06/22

Status
Not open for further replies.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
LOL cantabs with their usual gameplan, give away a million penalties in their own 22 safe in the knowledge that their opponents are too thick/clueless/crap to capitalise.

Of course, it worked.

Again.

Chiefs trucked it up into traffic for the full 80, hoping the seas would part..... but they never did. And there was no plan B. That was it. COMPLETELY ill-prepared for the monoskulled Plan A not to work.

Remember back in the day when backlines had "pre-planned "moves"? Chiffs looked like a league team having a go at rugby for the first time.

Coupla times while Tribe were a man up they should've taken three & started again. Kept going for broke until they had option but to keep going for broke. Dumb footy which surprised me, McMillan is normally quite good at changing the plan mid-game.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Penalty count by the Crusaders was offensive. Maybe Berry needed to act a little earlier to set the tone. The Saders get away with a lot and they are a cocky bunch. That said, I hope the Brumbies smoke the Blues and we see a traditional Super Rugby final with the Brumbies denying Scott Robinson his break dance interpretive performance.
F*** me imagine if the Crusaders and Brumbies played in final, reckon there would be a chance of cracking the record for penalties in a match!

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Now WOB I see you were making a lot of comments during game, I am hoping you weren't one of the aforementioned soft p****** that didn't go as it was a bit chilly!;):confused::confused::confused:

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Guilty as charged, M'Lud. Watched it on the monster screen (3m high x at least 8m wide) at Hornby WMC, stopped posting when phone died.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Just out of interest, not sure if Matera will miss next weeks game, I saw somewhere a while ago that if you get a rc after a 'technical' yc and one fould play, it not automatic suspension, where as 2 ycs for fould play are.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Coupla times while Tribe were a man up they should've taken three & started again. Kept going for broke until they had option but to keep going for broke. Dumb footy
Yeah the penalty count probably wound up the usual cantabs 15-5 job. Chiffs pot 5 of those piss easy shots in front of the posts and win the match. But no, totally flummoxed brainlock from 1-15.

A few AB hopefuls did themselves no favours in terms of leadership and ability to adjust in-game. PSG, Weber, Tupeaa, Nankivell. Then the All Black captain subs on and is quietly lost in the fray. Not a flash look.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Yeah the penalty count probably wound up the usual cantabs 15-5 job. Chiffs pot 5 of those piss easy shots in front of the posts and win the match. But no, totally flummoxed brainlock from 1-15.

A few AB hopefuls did themselves no favours in terms of leadership and ability to adjust in-game. PSG, Weber, Tupeaa, Nankivell. Then the All Black captain subs on and is quietly lost in the fray. Not a flash look.
Geez I thought Cane was bloody good when he came on, I wouldn't mind betting CM thinking he should of dtarted him. Was a bit disappointed with Weber, seemed to be wanting to go right to left too much which is usual bail out if you struggling to pass, which could of been caused by Crusader's pressure or whatever, though he did say he couldn't feel his hands it was so cold.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Pressure. Consistent and relentless.
I don't think so. I think the Chiefs forwards were able to punch holes in the Tahs pack at will and the resultant front foot ball gave the backs plenty to work with.

Crusaders, on the other hand, were able to contain the Chiefs forwards with consummate ease and the Chiefs had no backup plan.

As others have noted, when the aforementioned route 1 option didn't work the numbskulls should've just kicked a penalty or two.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Like they say, opinions are like arseholes ...
Im willing to bet there is some poor fluffybunny out there who doesnt have an arsehole.

What does 'pressure' even mean? Its just a generic term that could apply to any facet of rugby. Do you mean they consistently put bodies into the breakdown to pressure the Chiefs ball? They built scoreboard pressure? they pressured the chiefs into buying a timeshare? fuk.

young gun

Fred Wood (13)
Im willing to bet there is some poor fluffybunny out there who doesnt have an arsehole.

What does 'pressure' even mean? Its just a generic term that could apply to any facet of rugby. Do you mean they consistently put bodies into the breakdown to pressure the Chiefs ball? They built scoreboard pressure? they pressured the chiefs into buying a timeshare? fuk.

Actually, come to think of it, you're right. An All Black centre playing in an under 6's pick up game feels the same level of tension and anxiety as they would say, playing in a Super Rugby semi-final. No way he'd throw the ball 50 meters to his right, with the line wide open and an unmarked man there, when the sideline was only 20 meters away. Or, an uncapped no 8, but a fantastic player, who gets the ball 2 centimeters from his opponents line, no defenders touching him, would of course put the ball down for a try - 100%, or the numerous other errors that cost them the game, all totally out of character. Its called pressure. Pressure of the occasion, pressure of the situation, pressure applied by the opponents. Some physical, some is mental, but its all pressure.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Matera fronting the judiciary for both the RC in this match & picking up 3 x YC in a season.

You'd have to think at least one will stick, probably the 3 x YC.

Status
Not open for further replies.