• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Crusaders v Force R16 (Friday 30 May)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
Another penalty try. Usually it takes 4 penalties and a cards at scrum time for a penalties try. This bloke should loose his job

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Well Shiggins, I don't think he any option with either penalty try, that last one was probably as clear cut as any penalty try I have ever seen!!

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
Well Shiggins, I don't think he any option with either penalty try, that last one was probably as clear cut as any penalty try I have ever seen!!
From a second scrum? He could awarded the penalty. If it happened again fair enough. It was just a terrible performance all over. Defiantly in the top 5 worst ref performances of the year.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Personally, I a bit of a Force quiet fan, but really think the Saders were pretty ordinary, and a good team could of hurt them tonight, feel they are a bit loose controlling the ball at the edge of rucks/mauls.

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
Force can't afford to lose another game now. We will be strong with mmm, alby, roselea, morahan, Kyle, Ben M back in action. The force have a heap I injuries at the moment. It's going pretty well undocumented by the Media.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I find it very difficult to imagine Retallick was managed in 2012 before he was even an All Black.

That's why he was managed, they didn't want another promising 21yo becoming a 23yo burnout. Pretty sure it was Wayne Smith who let the cat out of the bag when asked why Brodie wasn't starting a particular game, replied to the effect he'd already had 3 starts & an off the bench therefore had to be rested at the behest of NZRU. Its usually a lot more subtle & nudge nudge, wink wink but that's the reality, at least for the players deemed essential to future AB performance. Journeymen on the other hand can get flogged by their Super Rugby side the same as any Aussie or Seth & no one particularly gives a shit.

@FrankLind I have no idea why they or anyone else hasn't been rested so far but obviously Shag & his staff are comfortable with how they're tracking. And yes Todd "rotated" his FR to remind the higher-profile players they're not irreplaceable. It worked in that the newbies turned in an excellent performance so he rewarded them by giving them another shot. Coaching 101, really.

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
Personally, I a bit of a Force quiet fan, but really think the Saders were pretty ordinary, and a good team could of hurt them tonight, feel they are a bit loose controlling the ball at the edge of rucks/mauls.
I completely agree however the ref didn't allow us to compete. When we looked like getting close to
Score he awarded ridiculous penalties against us and when the saders where on attack he did the same.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Didn't get home from work until half time & was pleased to see we were up 16-0, had high hopes for the 2nd half but to be fair we looked pretty ordinary & while I agree both PT's were justified there were certainly some odd calls, most of which went against the Force. Better team won IMO but we didn't deserve to win by that much & a BP would've been an injustice.

M

Moono75

As the papers said 3 games in 14 days in 3 country's always a tough ask. But the bright side is I want to see a unified Wallabies team kill it in the Rugby Championship. Force lineout not good ronight. Don't think Cheese put best foot forward.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
hometown ref in this one, iHomo. Force just couldnt win a penalty in 1st half. Surely the Cantabs infringed there somewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.