• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Crusaders v Force R16 (Friday 30 May)

Status
Not open for further replies.

caymantim

Herbert Moran (7)
Have you driven down George street in Sydney 1am on a weekend lately?

You could get killed by a drunk chick falling off her stilettos and impaling you with her alcopop through the windshield.

The whole world is becoming a more dangerous place. :)

Well then lucky it is Perth and not Seedynee!! ;)

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
What influence does Hansen have over the Super franchises to dictate where and how long players play?

NZRU have been managing the workload of AB for years. In 2012 Chiefs were under strict instructions as to how many matches Brodie Retallick could start, how many he could come off the bench, and how many he was to be rested for. It's usually done under the guise of advice from the medical staff but it happens & rightly so or we end up like Aussie & the Seths who flog their players during Super Rugby & don't give a shit what condition that leaves them in come the Test season.

FrankLind

Colin Windon (37)
NZRU have been managing the workload of AB for years. In 2012 Chiefs were under strict instructions as to how many matches Brodie Retallick could start, how many he could come off the bench, and how many he was to be rested for. It's usually done under the guise of advice from the medical staff but it happens & rightly so or we end up like Aussie & the Seths who flog their players during Super Rugby & don't give a shit what condition that leaves them in come the Test season.

Really? Got a link for that?

Then why have neither Retallick nor Sam Whitelock been rested at all this Super season?

I don't think the Sader front row has not been rested, but punished after the pathetic effort against the Sharks and the 2nd in line props performed really well against the Highlanders. So they keep their spots.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I find it very difficult to imagine Retallick was managed in 2012 before he was even an All Black.

M

Moono75

I've been permanently managed since 2000. Still waiting on the call up from the ARU........ring god damn it phone RING!

BDA

Peter Johnson (47)
I reckon the Force will be pretty competitive in this match, but with the talent they have on the sideline a win is probably a bridge too far. If they are genuine contender this year (and I believe they are) they should go close.

M

Moono75

I reckon the Force will be pretty competitive in this match, but with the talent they have on the sideline a win is probably a bridge too far. If they are genuine contender this year (and I believe they are) they should go close.

If they are switched on and have the attitude they should be competitive. If they bring the attitude they had against the Rebels and Stormers and play off the back foot they will go down quicker than a slab of Lion Red at a Mongrel Mob get together in Porirua.

The Force still have a lot of talent Alby, Morahan, McCalman to come back and medium to long term Alcock, Godwin and possibly Brache who you would say constitute their best 23 man squad. Regardless of the result there will be some reinforcements for the final push towards the finals.

badabing59

Cyril Towers (30)
they will go down quicker than a slab of Lion Red at a Mongrel Mob get together in Porirua.

That is one scary scenario Moono

images

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
Go the Force!

It's usually done under the guise of advice from the medical staff but it happens & rightly so or we end up like Aussie & the Seths who flog their players during Super Rugby
Agree. A thumb injury or two gets two thumbs up from me.

Bairdy

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Crusaders 3-0 after 18 minutes.
A lot of possession and territory but Force defence looks up to it.
Concerning that they haven't had a lot of ball though, because they're going to tire real quick at this rate with all the tackling.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Shit call against Hoskins. Come on ref.

Terrible call against Hodgson earlier too, he was legal and the Crusaders ended up with the ball - play on.

Very poor defence Cummins, could cost him his Wallabies spot.

lpd

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Mistakes denying Force all opportunity to attack, need some continuity on possession

Status
Not open for further replies.