• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Crusaders v Reds Super Rugby R6 2020 Friday 4:05PM (Q)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MungoMan

Sydney Middleton (9)
One from six it is.

On past form that should see the coach retained for another two to three seasons. Yay.

Penguin

John Solomon (38)
One from six it is.

On past form that should see the coach retained for another two to three seasons. Yay.

You don't see something good brewing? You didn't see them outscore the reigning champions and competition pacesetters of most of the competitions existence, only to lose by poor place kicking? It's just the coaches fault? It's pretty clear to me that know kiwis are seeing the Reds and their coach in this light. I reckon it's certainly worth persevering with.

MungoMan

Sydney Middleton (9)
You don't see something good brewing? You didn't see them outscore the reigning champions and competition pacesetters of most of the competitions existence, only to lose by poor place kicking? It's just the coaches fault? It's pretty clear to me that know kiwis are seeing the Reds and their coach in this light. I reckon it's certainly worth persevering with.

I'm over imagining things that are not in evidence. One from six is just that. This game fell into the category 'brave losss' whereas last week was more along the lines of 'flogging'.

Both were losses, tho'.

The Grey Man

Allen Oxlade (6)
1. JP Smith – GPS
2. Alex Mafi – Bond University
3. Taniela Tupou – Brothers
4. Lukhan Salakaia-Loto – Souths
5. Harry Hockings – University of Queensland
6. Angus Scott-Young – University of Queensland
7. Liam Wright © – Easts
8. Harry Wilson – Brothers
9. Scott Malolua – GPS
10. Isaac Lucas – Sunnybank
11. Henry Speight – Bond University
12. Hamish Stewart – Brothers
13. Hunter Paisami – Wests
14. Chris Feauai-Sautia – Souths
15. Jock Campbell – University of Queensland

16. Ed Craig – EASTWOOD
17. Dane Zander – Norths
18. Josh Nasser – University of Queensland
19. Angus Blyth – Bond University
20. Fraser McReight – Brothers
21. Tate McDermott – University of Queensland
22. Bryce Hegarty – GPS
23. Filipo Daugunu – Wests

FTFY

Ed Craig = TBC????

He is a Woodie through and through.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
Sorry to hurt your feelings, bro, but it's commentary on the match described in the thread title.

you are not commenting on the game but on your plan to sack coaches which belongs in the Reds 2020 thread not here.

The Nomad

Bob Davidson (42)
I’m smiling and disappointed at the same time , well done boys .

I’m proud and have the shits , but great effort . Please get around this group !

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
To think reds have one of the top kicking coaches in the world yet struggling with goal kicking to lose games on goal kicking is just mind boggling or ironic for the saddists...

Just wtf...

Penguin

John Solomon (38)
I'm over imagining things that are not in evidence. One from six is just that. This game fell into the category 'brave losss' whereas last week was more along the lines of 'flogging'.

Both were losses, tho'.

The 34 previous teams that lost in Christchurch, in a row, how many of them lost because of crap place kicking?
Actually, I just feel sorry for people like you who only get enjoyment from a sport if the stats look good on paper. I rather get excitement from the skills on show & the promise & hope of a youthful team on the rise than a bunch of numbers on paper. Then again, numbers never did excite me. Do they give you a woody?

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
These close losses from clangers like inability to kick goals - reds I hope are really angry about this and not taking this as remotely acceptable as let’s face it fans are way past close wins bullshit

Get it frigging done and sort out the basics ie you need to defend well, score tries, and KICK GOALS - and 2/3 won’t cut it.

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
Guys - could you not fucking comment on the result of games in any other thread then that specific game thread. It’s not a hard concept FFS.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
Guys - could you not fucking comment on the result of games in any other thread then that specific game thread. It’s not a hard concept FFS.

Sorry mate. I generally pick that up. My fault as much as theirs.

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
Sorry mate. I generally pick that up. My fault as much as theirs.
Not at all.

I get that we all post without thinking at times, but it just seems to be happening a lot lately. People just need to consider the whole point of a match thread.

Reactions: dru

Penguin

John Solomon (38)

My apologies, I was just trying to make a point and the comparison seemed poignant.

Reactions: TSR

Jimmy_Crouch

Ken Catchpole (46)
Two critical moments that should have resulted in yellow cards not even penalised.Firstly, just before halftime and the player playing the ball on the ground 5m out from the tryline. Blatenr professional foul. The second being Mounga tackling LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) 10m from the line while he was on the ground. How did they both get missed? Not even a penalty and not a word from the commentators

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
Great game to watch. Obviously theres for goal-kicking which needs improvement but
The line-out is also a mess, and the Reds still can't maul very well.

But boy do they look good on attack. Wilson is starting to make me think he's already ready for a wallabies gig. LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) stepping up was a great sight to see. The pack working well with the backs. Nice to see they can still perform without JOC (James O'Connor) at 10.

But why did Tate not start at 9, I felt that number 9 looked a bit lost at time, didn't have the greatest vision and missed a few chances to spread the ball wide.

Status
Not open for further replies.