• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Crusaders v Reds Super Rugby R6 2020 Friday 4:05PM (Q)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Shit kick off time. Knock off early or plug the PC in at work.

Head says Crew by heaps. Heart says wtf, time to kick butt boys.

Cancelled Account

Desmond Connor (43)
If JOC (James O'Connor) is injured I would roll with;

1. Smith
2. Mafi
3. Tupou
4. Rodda
5. LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto)
6. ASY (Angus Scott-Young)
7. Wright
8. Wilson
9. McDermott
10. Hegarty (Kicker)
11. Speight
12. Stewart
13. Paisami
14. CFS
15. Campbell

16. Craig (BPA if back from injury)
17. Hoopert
18. Nasser
19. Hockings
20. McReight
21. Malolua
22. Lucas
23. Daugunu

If JOC (James O'Connor) in (flyhalf) then move Hegarty to fullback, Campbell to bench and drop Lucas. Stewart can always move to flyhalf if needed.
Hoopert needs a bit more confidence after his neck injury last year but I have faith that will come sooner than later.

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
1. JP Smith – GPS
2. Alex Mafi – Bond University
3. Taniela Tupou – Brothers
4. Lukhan Salakaia-Loto – Souths
5. Harry Hockings – University of Queensland
6. Angus Scott-Young – University of Queensland
7. Liam Wright © – Easts
8. Harry Wilson – Brothers
9. Scott Malolua – GPS
10. Isaac Lucas – Sunnybank
11. Henry Speight – Bond University
12. Hamish Stewart – Brothers
13. Hunter Paisami – Wests
14. Chris Feauai-Sautia – Souths
15. Jock Campbell – University of Queensland

16. Ed Craig – TBC
17. Dane Zander – Norths
18. Josh Nasser – University of Queensland
19. Angus Blyth – Bond University
20. Fraser McReight – Brothers
21. Tate McDermott – University of Queensland
22. Bryce Hegarty – GPS
23. Filipo Daugunu – Wests

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Hoopert deserves to be dropped, but otherwise this is a strange team. Almost like we are conceding. Hope we pull something from deep down.

JOC (James O'Connor) injured, Rodda with a niggle and given the week off, absence of JOC (James O'Connor) has led to rotating McDermott out (and Thorn was apparently very happy with Maloula last week).

Silverado

Dick Tooth (41)
Hoopert deserves to be dropped, but otherwise this is a strange team. Almost like we are conceding. Hope we pull something from deep down.
Big call to have Lucas given his chance v Crusaders with Hegharty on the bench. Looks like the starting props will be getting a lot of minutes again

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Yowsers. Like seeing Lucas - Stewart, but I would have been happy to wait somewhat longer though.

Like to see Daugunu get a few more minutes this time.

Beer Baron

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Wonder how much lineout and driving maul training both teams have been doing. One offensively, the other defensively.
Fair to say this has been the biggest killer this season would it not? - overtaking the usual shit exits whinge we all have

Reactions: TSR

PhilClinton

John Hipwell (52)
I feel like this team is halfway to being a real chance of surprising the Crusaders. If Thorn had started McReight (for ASY (Angus Scott-Young)) and maybe Daugunnu (for either winger) then I feel like this team is unknown enough to cause an upset. Or go completely the other way and get flogged.

B

Bobby Sands

I’d like Brad to play a few games, and teach the boys how to defend a maul.

B

Bobby Sands

I feel like this team is halfway to being a real chance of surprising the Crusaders. If Thorn had started McReight (for ASY (Angus Scott-Young)) and maybe Daugunnu (for either winger) then I feel like this team is unknown enough to cause an upset. Or go completely the other way and get flogged.

ASY (Angus Scott-Young) was immense last week, think he adds plenty.

McReight is good enough to start - but I don’t mind the hardened bodies doing the early grunt.

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)
Whatever else, this will be a serious test of the 'young and developing' squad model vs probably the very best 2020 Super squad in the business.

Whatever the size of the gap come the end of play - let's hope it's small - we'll know more about this model as a work in progress and what kind of competitive growth track it's on.

molman

Peter Johnson (47)
Wonder how much lineout and driving maul training both teams have been doing. One offensively, the other defensively.
Fair to say this has been the biggest killer this season would it not? - overtaking the usual shit exits whinge we all have

Maybe the Crusaders will go all Brumbies and just mess with the Reds by not mauling :)

ASY (Angus Scott-Young) was immense last week, think he adds plenty.

McReight is good enough to start - but I don’t mind the hardened bodies doing the early grunt.

I agree. I liked the look of ASY (Angus Scott-Young) last week. I think you give him another run. McReight will have his time.

molman

Peter Johnson (47)
Yowsers. Like seeing Lucas - Stewart, but I would have been happy to wait somewhat longer though.

Like to see Daugunu get a few more minutes this time.

I like seeing Lucas too. I think if he's your 2nd 10 you have to play him. I'm just not sure I wouldn't have slipped Hegarty in there somewhere.

Also, some real defeatist talk in here.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Reds starting front row should see early dominance, or par at least, again. Replacements are not really up to scratch Saders should run away with the game at the end.

McDermott on the bench could be the result of being absolutely bullied by the Sharks last week. Expect more of the same from the Saders at breakdown time. Tate has some strong points, but also apparently is weak behind a pack going backwards. ASY (Angus Scott-Young) one of the Reds best last week and deserves his spot.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Crusaders: George Bridge, Sevu Reece, Jack Goodhue, Dallas McLeod, Leicester Faingaanuku, Richie Mo'unga, Ere Enari, Tom Sanders, Tom Christie, Cullen Grace, Mitchell Dunshea, Scott Barrett (c). Michael Ala'alatoa, Codie Taylor, Joe Moody. Reserves: Brodie McAlister, George Bower, Oliver Jager, Luke Romano, Sione Havili, Mitchell Drummond, Brett Cameron, Manasa Mataele.

Rasta man has the whistle.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Crusaders: George Bridge, Sevu Reece, Jack Goodhue, Dallas McLeod, Leicester Faingaanuku, Richie Mo'unga, Ere Enari, Tom Sanders, Tom Christie, Cullen Grace, Mitchell Dunshea, Scott Barrett (c). Michael Ala'alatoa, Codie Taylor, Joe Moody. Reserves: Brodie McAlister, George Bower, Oliver Jager, Luke Romano, Sione Havili, Mitchell Drummond, Brett Cameron, Manasa Mataele.

Rasta man has the whistle.

Lot of new names in there.
What's the news on Enari, McLeod & Faingaanuku?

Status
Not open for further replies.