• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Crusaders vs Blues a.k.a. NZ's festum odii

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Blues: Zarn Sullivan, Mark Tele’a, AJ Lam, Bryce Heem, Caleb Clarke, Stephen Perofeta, Finlay Christie, Hoskins Sotutu, Dalton Papali’i, Akira Ioane, Laghlan McWhannell, Patrick Tuipuloto (capt), Angus Ta'avao, Ricky Riccitelli, Ofa Tu'ungafasi. Reserves: Kurt Eklund, Joshua Fusitu'a, Marcel Renata, Josh Beehre, Adrian Choat, Taufa Funaki, Harry Plummer, Cole Forbes.

Crusaders: Chay Fihaki, Sevu Reece, Levi Aumua, David Havili (capt), Macca Springer, Riley Hohepa, Willi Heinz, Cullen Grace, Tom Christie, Dominic Gardiner, Jamie Hannah, Quinten Strange, Fletcher Newell, George Bell, George Bower. Reserves: Ioane Moananu, Joe Moody, Seb Calder, Tahlor Cahill, Corey Kellow, Noah Hotham, Ryan Crotty, Dallas McLeod.

Current TAB odds
Loss Bleus $1.52 - $2.50 CruSadists

Points start Loss Bleus +6.5 which lines up nicely with mine & Dismal's s&a bet.

Last edited:

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Bit odd they're persisting with Grannygruds Aumua when they've got last years fast-tracked cantablack saviour Dallas Mcleod languishing on the bench

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
either team losing will be a source of much joy and laughter.
1*r5OBabkQnYD1D4yzC_kvLQ.gif

KiwiM

Trevor Allan (34)

Wilson

David Codey (61)

Both Blues & Crusaders will be wearing retro jerseys this weekend
Round 1 goes to the blues, their retro jersey is top notch

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
Blues: Zarn Sullivan, Mark Tele’a, AJ Lam, Bryce Heem, Caleb Clarke, Stephen Perofeta, Finlay Christie, Hoskins Sotutu, Dalton Papali’i, Akira Ioane, Laghlan McWhannell, Patrick Tuipuloto (capt), Angus Ta'avao, Ricky Riccitelli, Ofa Tu'ungafasi. Reserves: Kurt Eklund, Joshua Fusitu'a, Marcel Renata, Josh Beehre, Adrian Choat, Taufa Funaki, Harry Plummer, Cole Forbes.

Good to see Tuipulotu back. I thought he was still out for a bit longer, but could just be misremembering. Hopefully it isn't a rushed job...

Would've absolutely preferred Vikena and Nock on the bench ahead of Eklund and Funaki. Eklund is almost certainly gonna have a total shitter at the lineout, even without going up against rain man Cullen Grace, and Funaki is punishingly mid. Segner and Suafoa would've been nice too, but they're far less egregious.

The donkeys had best been deliberately been taking it easy last week to lull the evil epire into a false sense of security.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
^ I see what you're trying to do @zer0 but it ain't gunna work. But if the line has moved nearer to double figures I might have a nibble.

Edit: line is now 8.5, not quite enough to tempt me.

Last edited: