• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Crusaders Vs Tahs - Mordor - 27th May

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Yes, I'm predicting Porecki being rested based on Latu not being named and I think all three are healthy.

Everything else seems uncertain.

Maybe we get something like:

Faulkner, Vailanu, HJH (Harry Johnson-Holmes) (Harry Johnson-Holmes)
Sinclair, Hanigan
Seu, Gamble, Gleeson
Gordon, Donaldson
Foketi, Walton (or Walton, Perese)
Pietsch, Nawaqanitawase, Jorgensen

Latu, Leatigaga, Holz, Tauelangi, Harris, Goddard, Tuipulotu, Wilson

I haven't heard any injury update on Perese but hopefully there is nothing serious.
Gleeson looked very tender coming off last week, I expect him to be rested

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
He got through 75 mins as well. He's added about 5 mins per week which proves his fitness to everyone who seemed to doubt it. I think it would be a timely rest or chance to use him off the bench for the last 30mins.

Hoping Foketi plays. He was injured and out last week so he's had a week off. If they do hold genuine hopes of doing anything in the finals you have expose yourself to games like this and have a competitive showing.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
He got through 75 mins as well. He's added about 5 mins per week which proves his fitness to everyone who seemed to doubt it. I think it would be a timely rest or chance to use him off the bench for the last 30mins.
He looked in a lot of pain after that try , fitness ain't the issue

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
He looked in a lot of pain after that try , fitness ain't the issue

It looked like it was just cramp.

He immediately got teammates to stretch out both legs and then hobbled around for a few minutes after that before being brought off.

I don't think he was injured.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
WARATAHS (1-15): Te Tera Faulkner, Dave Porecki, Harry Johnson-Holmes, Jed Holloway, Hugh Sinclair, Taleni Seu, Charlie Gamble, Langi Gleeson, Jake Gordon (c), Ben Donaldson, Dylan Pietsch, Mosese Tuipulotu, Joey Walton, Mark Nawaqanitawase, Max Jorgensen

RESERVES: Mahe Vailanu, Nephi Leatigaga, Tom Lambert, Ned Hanigan, Will Harris, Harrison Goddard, Tane Edmed, Harry Wilson

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
ScoBar being rested so SamW starts & Joe Moody out for remainder of Super Rugby* so Reuben O'Neill (ex-Tribe) drafted in.

Crusaders: 1-Kershawl Sykes-Martin, 2-Codie Taylor, 3-Tamaiti Williams, 4-Quin Strange, 5-Sam Whitelock, 6-Christian Lio-Willie, 7-Tom Christie, 8-Cullen Grace, 9-Mitch Drummond, 10-Richie Mo'unga, 11-Leicester Fainga'anuku, 12-David Havili, 13-Braydon Ennor, 14-Dallas McLeod, 15-Fergus Burke. Reserves: 16-Brodie McAlister, 17-Seb Calder, 18-Reuben O'Neill, 19-Zach Gallagher, 20-Sione Talitui, 21-Noah Holtham, 22-Chay Fihaki, 23-Wil Gualter

* Edit: has had surgery to repair an ankle tendon, expected to be available for AB.

Last edited:

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
Wow just Hooper rested.

Foketi/Perese either rested or injured.
I'll go with injured.

Foketi looked pretty uncomfortable when he came off against the Rebels. Hopefully he's in the case of if it was a final he could push it but lets not take the chance. Perese didn't look very good though. Any sort of injury sucks at this point because it seems like he takes some time to get his play back up to speed.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member

Players unavailable for selection:

Daniel Botha – Foot (Round 15)

Jack Bowen- Aust. 20s (Playoffs)

Teddy Wilson – Aust 20s (Playoffs)

Lalakai Foketi- Ankle (Round 15+)

Izaia Perese – Back (Round 15)

Angus Bell – Toe (Season)

Will Harrison - ACL (Season)

Zac Von Appen – TBC

Michael Hooper – Rest (Round 15)

Archer Holz - shoulder (Round 15)

Lachie Swinton – suspension (Round 15)

Rob42

John Solomon (38)
Great to see Charlie Gamble gets the chance to go back to Christchurch with the 7 jersey on his back.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
So the whole team apart from Harrison/Bell and the u20s guys (and Beale..) should be available next week if no further injuries.

That's a pretty good effort.

John S

Chilla Wilson (44)
So I wonder if that article earlier in the SMH with them saying that the Tahs were "cooked" was a bit of smoke and mirrors, or a bit of click bait, or a little bit of both?

Crashy

Arch Winning (36)
Curious about latu. Not mentioned anywhere.
He hasn't got in trouble again has he?

Last edited:

John S

Chilla Wilson (44)
Curious about latu. Not mentioned anywhere.
He hasnt fot in trouble again has he?
I haven't heard anything (not that I can claim any sources the average punter doesn't have). But you'd have thought with all the snouts around Daceyville, if he was in trouble, someone would have reported it by now.

Tazzmania

Tom Lawton (22)
On his way to Montpelliar.

Screenshot 2023-05-25 122022.png

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Extraordinary he was able to secure a contract there, especially as BPA is on the books there. He pretty much came home because he was essentially punted from the Top 14 due to his red card liability. The Stade Francais president savaged him.

Rob42

John Solomon (38)
So I wonder if that article earlier in the SMH with them saying that the Tahs were "cooked" was a bit of smoke and mirrors, or a bit of click bait, or a little bit of both?
DC mentioned some of the players were "cooked" in his press conference after the Drua game - but also suggested he wouldn't be resting too many this week. So that's pretty much where we've ended up.