• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Delve and the Quota

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antony

Alex Ross (28)
I'm not sure about his marquee status or citizenship possibilities but their is a fair chance he'll get picked by Queensland in State of Origin game 3.

I know this is a union forum, so I won't dwell on this - but isn't that situation outrageous.

I suppose it's not a lot different to the George Smiths and Jerome Kainos of this world going over to France and Japan at the expense of national honours, but there's something about the way origin poaches young kiwis (not just Tamou, but Karmichael Hunt, kind of even Brad Thorn) that just seems extremely mercenary.

For that reason I'm glad that someone like Delve doesn't even have the option of turning his back on his country to stay playing Super Rugby.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
The two problems league has is that State of Origin qualification is very broad and many players can choose which side to play for.

As State of Origin is largely considered the highest level of the game, it is enticing for many to give up playing for the Kiwis and nominate to play State of Origin and be eligible for Australia instead.

To actually make it State of Origin, they really should just make it about where you are born.

Status
Not open for further replies.