• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Disable your oppo!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tim&Bingo

Chris McKivat (8)

Have a look at this clip from yesterday's Anglo-Welsh final - Northampton 6, Calum Clark seems to be trying to deliberately lever-out/ dislocate the Leicester 2's elbow after the whistle.
Seems a cowardly low-shot on a prone opponent.
Not good!

Aussie connection? Julian Salvi and Steve Mafi play for Tiggers!

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
Yeah, bad news. The sort of holds/manoeuvres that started appearing in loig a few years back.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
When Beau Robbinson did his elbow last year for the Reds it was much the same from Chris Jack possibly? On the replay it looked real suspect, like he was intentionally trying to damage Beau's elbow. Nothing came of it, but I always thought it was worth another look. Can't seem to find a video of it though.

This sort of play is just appalling and needs to be stamped out, though when it happens it's rarely noticed as it's the sort of thing that can happen in a ruck I guess. In Beau's case, the offending player is behind him so when his arm gets wrenched backwards I can only assume he thinks it's unintentional, but on the replay you see the offending player grab his arm and simply hyper extend his elbow.

Larno

Ward Prentice (10)
Some wag has had a go at Clark's wikipedia page:

'Clark is a player who prides himself on fowl play. After many notable incidences of ill discipline, he was described as the most cowardly player to step onto a Rugby pitch. Clark, a sneaky devil, normally waits for his victims to be in a position in which they cannot defend themselves, at which point he unleashes devastating physical attacks. His well stocked armory includes moves such as headbutts and arm bars. Players and fans of the game have stated that they would be happy if he never stepped foot on a Rugby Union pitch again.'[4]

Have a look for yourselves before someone reverts the edit:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Calum_Clark

suckerforred

Chilla Wilson (44)
When Beau Robbinson did his elbow last year for the Reds it was much the same from Chris Jack possibly? On the replay it looked real suspect, like he was intentionally trying to damage Beau's elbow. Nothing came of it, but I always thought it was worth another look. Can't seem to find a video of it though.

This sort of play is just appalling and needs to be stamped out, though when it happens it's rarely noticed as it's the sort of thing that can happen in a ruck I guess. In Beau's case, the offending player is behind him so when his arm gets wrenched backwards I can only assume he thinks it's unintentional, but on the replay you see the offending player grab his arm and simply hyper extend his elbow.

Would be interested in seeing the vid again. I thought it was just pure accident at the time.

MrTimms

Ken Catchpole (46)
Staff member

Would be interested in seeing the vid again. I thought it was just pure accident at the time.

I cut a video when it happened:

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
I cut a video when it happened:

Thanks for the video Mr T. I am less convinced that there was malice in it now. I do say, less convinced though. He certainly doesn't hyper extend the elbow as I first recalled but he does seem to get the arm lock and then apply significant pressure. He may have been influenced by external forces (ie other players) or it may have been deliberate. There's only one person who knows if there's any intent in that.

Anyway, it's certainly not as ugly as the first video that sparked this topic! o_O

suckerforred

Chilla Wilson (44)
Yeah, that one is pure accident. Saw from footage from another angle and zoom in that shows really well. But then I am just a sick puppy.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Pocock's injury last year vs the Sharks re Jannie Du Plessis rings a bell. He put him in a submission hold.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
Pocock's injury last year vs the Sharks re Jannie Du Plessis rings a bell. He put him in a submission hold.
That was the incident where reportedly, Jannie was whispering sweet somethings along the lines of, "next time I'll rip your fucking head off" in Poey's ear also?

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
yep that's the one.

Also a report recently that a New Orleans Saints official had set up a bounty system for cash to injure opposition players.

C

Cave Dweller

yep that's the one.

Also a report recently that a New Orleans Saints official had set up a bounty system for cash to injure opposition players.
In Ice Hockey those guys are called the Enforcers. They are the guys with their front teeth missing and roughing people up is their sole purpose!

Status
Not open for further replies.