• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Drown out the haka: Bledisloe II | Tri Nations finale

What should the AUS crowd sing at the game on Saturday, or indeed in the future?

• Waltzing Matilda

Votes: 35 53.8%
  • Aussie Version of OleOleOle

Votes: 8 12.3%
  • Come on you gold

Votes: 2 3.1%
  • None of these three, but something else

Votes: 10 15.4%
  • We shouldn't sing at all, be it before after or during the haka

Votes: 10 15.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
U

Utility Back

How bouts
"Baa-ram-ewe, baa-ram-ewe. To your breed, your fleece, your clan be true. Sheep be true. Baa-ram-ewe"

A

Army_Gav

I hate posting videos of examples from Soccer, but this is what I'm on about. Change the "Spurs" To "Gold" and away you go.

[video=youtube;dYsaeauZYCU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYsaeauZYCU&feature=related[/video]

rugbysmartarse

Alan Cameron (40)
am I the only one who remembers that nothing fires up the All BLacks more than disrespecting their Haka? Remember when we ran passing drills instead of watching it?

the best response is to sit perfectly still, and at the end clap politely, like at a school concert.

keep your signing until the game

EVERYFWDTHINKTHEYREA6OR7

Syd Malcolm (24)
I am on the fence on this issue.

I love watching the Haka for what it is and will take time to respect it's cultural importance to our cousins across the ditch.

I do however feel that NZ should be made to choose. Either do your anthem or the Haka and get the bloody match underaway. They get two bites of the cherry there. Maybe we could have the Wallabies link arms and sing Waltzing Matilda, Incorporate something indigenous from Australia in response or something else and make them stand around and wait. That's just a personal feeling, i would be interested to see if any of you agree.

I wonder if there is going to be a lot of Kiwi's at the game. Maybe a lot of them will be saving for the trip across for the WC.

Anything other than Waltzing Matilda being sung during the Haka is just classless.

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
I dont think there is any chance at all the Suncorp crowd will drown out the haka.

A third of the crowd will be Kiwis and most of the rest of us enjoy the spectacle too much and will be too busy taking photos or videos on our cameras/phones to sing anything.

D

daz

I'm on the fence as well. I really do enjoy the Haka and think it is a unique tradition that adds spice and entertainment to proceedings.

However, I don't think that there should be a rule that says the opposition have to stand there and take it. I'd be quite happy for the Wobs to huddle up and discuss where they will be drinking after the game while the Kiwi's have a moment of collective aggression.

As for singing/chanting, etc, let's be honest; Oz crowds are no good at it and we would only embarass ourselves. In the manner of Oz crowds, during the Haka the crowd should be either getting a tray of beers or placing wagers on SportsBet.

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
Great idea. I would pay to see Joe Dolce on the sidelines, he leaves John Williamson for dead!

Jnor

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Holy Grail used to be for the Bled too, Having Mark Seymour belt that out before a game was pretty damn good if I recall correctly

Status
Not open for further replies.