• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Dubai 7's: December 2 & 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
It's quite sad how Greg Clark can seem so comparatively calm and measured as compared to the rest of his Fox Sports Compatriots, then he joins the Sevens tour and he's still a distinct level below everyone else.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
So, halfway done with the men's fixtures and it's two pools, one story.

Top seed won both games, bottom seed lost both, 3rd seed upset 2nd in the opener.

Tantalising matchups in the 1st and 2nd seeds games now. 1st can secure top spot in the pool, 2nd needs to win just to have a chance of qualifying.

Could be exactly the same situation for yet a third pool as well!

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Anyhoo, ANZAC Final is go, NZ 24-5 Russia & Australia 24-5 England.

I just hope we get to set it rather than a replay of the 2008 Paris Shield Final, right now I'm not that confident. Someone, whether it be Foxtel or the host broadcaster, or WR (World Rugby), or any permutation thereof, has seriously fucked up.

Spieber

Bob Loudon (25)
Ladies looked very sharp in semi. Stadium is a pop up in middle of desert. Dubai is one flight from pommy land, thank god Australia is two flights.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
New Zealand and England through to the Quarters, Samoa, Russia, Uganda, Japan and Canada in the bottom.

Everybody else is up in the air, but with 2 hours till the next set of men's games and an early start, that's me off.

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
Our Men's side is looking surprisingly sharp. The game against France was as dominant performance as I've ever seen from us against another top tier team.

The new guys have made a really promising start. We're desperately short of playmakers, which will cost us throughout the season, but it seems we're not short on speed out wide.

T

TOCC

Shame the girls lost the Grand Final but should do well to put a bit of humility back into them(not suggesting they were over confident) but it's always good to remain grounded.

Men's have played surprisingly well, this is the first pre-season Friend has actually had with the team, hopefully a standard of things to follow.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Women's Day 2 highlights:

Great win for the "sisters" after the disappointment of Rio. Men off to a shaky start losing to England, now gotta get past SA to stay in it. No offence @Highlander but I'd rather we were playing Scotland! Men's QF:

Challenge Trophy
Argentina v Japan
Samoa v Uganda
Kenya v Canada
USA v Russia

Cup
Fiji v France
England v Scotland
Australia v Wales
SA v NZ

Merrow

Arch Winning (36)
I've fired off an email complaint to Foxtel re. their disgraceful coverage of the women's comp & was thinking that maybe if a few others did the same it might get noticed. Here's the link:

https://www.foxtel.com.au/about/complaint.html

Foxtel customer or not, let them know what you think.
Hate to stick up for Foxtel but it appears it wasn't only an Oz problem. Twitter feed from many other countries shows they didn't receive the games either. Obviously the host broadcaster didn't think it was worth televising live.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
^^^^^^^^^^ I'm sceptical: delayed coverage of Day 1 matches was shown during a break on Friday night, and the last shot before they cut to the 2016 GF replay was two women's teams running out for (I think) the bottom-six SF.

Even if it was beyond Foxtel's control, they should've said so.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Really enjoyed watching the top 4 placegetter games in the Womens Division at Dubai. Some excellent and entertaining rugby.

The womens circuit must get stronger and more airtime.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Samoa given a scare by guest team Uganda (they did win the Africa 7's, tho) but get away with it 27-19. Argentina, unlucky not to be in the Cup draw, saw off Japan 31-14 in the first Trophy QF.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Foxtel has crashed, probably due to this fine example of summer in SEQ:

image.gif

Draw a line between "Logan" & "Greenbank", I'm roughly where the line intersects with the innermost range circle, so the fun is just beginning!

Hopefully it comes back on in time for SA v NZ :)

Status
Not open for further replies.