• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Easts 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
@Beastie sad its round 14 and Manly has to start this thread.

Been 35 years since Easts had a real good year in all grades in the same year, and my old man talks it up all the time as he was in one of the teams. All talk I say as his head doesn't appear in any of the team photo's.

Hope its a good turn out on Saturday and he bumps into some of the guys he use to play with.

Spewn

Alex Ross (28)
With only one game at home to go, it's probably too late to make a difference, but are the so-called 'grandstands' going to be replaced? At present, Easts have easily the worst viewing oval in the comp. unless you're a gold member and sit up on the balcony, it is hopeless.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
With only one game at home to go, it's probably too late to make a difference, but are the so-called 'grandstands' going to be replaced? At present, Easts have easily the worst viewing oval in the comp. unless you're a gold member and sit up on the balcony, it is hopeless.

Seating may not be much chop but there are some great shoulders to rub up against. For business/social networking or just eye candy, it is hard to go past Woollahra oval.

Spewn

Alex Ross (28)
True, but occasionally you want to watch the game (well, perhaps, not much this season).

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)

I can tell you the balcony is no better - particularly if you have to give up pole position for a shout.

Spewn

Alex Ross (28)
I can tell you the balcony is no better - particularly if you have to give up pole position for a shout.
Yes, from my prime position on an extremely comfortable grandstand seat, I could see that balcony may not have been too good. Is there a risk it could collapse?

No.8

Phil Hardcastle (33)
What happened with Seilala Lam? Playing a mix of 1sts/2nd and has now moved into Hooker? From previous years being the captain of Randwick and playing mostly 7.

I did see he was picked as a Hooker in the Canberra Vikings NRC side which I find surprising if he has been playing 2nd grade for Easts? Unless this has been due to injury?

Also the question remains will he stay at Easts or move back to Canberra/Queabeyan > John I Dent Cup.

Rugby Is My Life

Herbert Moran (7)
What happened with Seilala Lam? Playing a mix of 1sts/2nd and has now moved into Hooker? From previous years being the captain of Randwick and playing mostly 7.

I did see he was picked as a Hooker in the Canberra Vikings NRC side which I find surprising if he has been playing 2nd grade for Easts? Unless this has been due to injury?

Also the question remains will he stay at Easts or move back to Canberra/Queabeyan > John I Dent Cup.

Who cares?

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
There you go Scaraby i have a bit of Beastie in me 6th or 7th from the bottom - J Beat
20140907_112832.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.