• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

England players are "smarmy" and "the height of arrogance" says.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

the plastic paddy

John Solomon (38)
Ireland U18s and U19s played their English equivalents the last weekend. Eng won the 18s and Ireland won the 19s, the RFU organised an after matches dinner, the England U19s players and management refused to turn up, I kid ye not. And the English wonder where their poor reputation comes from!

Riptide

Dave Cowper (27)
"refused" or did their clubs require them back asap and so flights/travel arrangement etc. were booked accordingly, or do you know?

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
You want smarmy?

I'll give you smarmy!!!!!

GH.png

Schadenfreude

John Solomon (38)
Oh - I quite like calling the England supporters the Smarmy Army... but I couldn't find the word "smarmy" in the link you posted :confused:

C

Cave Dweller

haha He is just stirring up stuff and starting a early add campaign for his biography that is getting released in August this year.

Did you guys know he was a cricket player as well? He was a wicket keeper playing 6 games for Otago.

redstragic

Alan Cameron (40)
Oh - I quite like calling the England supporters the Smarmy Army... but I couldn't find the word "smarmy" in the link you posted :confused:

To England supporters - Disempower the negative connotations of this name by taking ownership off it and making it positive.

I am off to lunch now with my wife's English family. Will test drive the name on them. Hate it when they mention the 2003 incident every time I see them.

S

Samo

Apparently these dinner speaking arrangements used to be kind of off limits to journalists? Since the WC though it seems more and more are turning up to Henry's dinners for a few sound bites, hasn't stopped him talking it up though :). But english, smarmy, surely not...

Craig Riddington

Sydney Middleton (9)
Any truth in the rumour that the working title for Henry's book is "Second Time Lucky"? I'm not sure whether these provocative sound bites from Henry are stirring up potential book sells or turning them off. He sounds more like a one-eyed supporter than a champion coach at the minute and that is doing neither him or the All Blacks any justice.

Athilnaur

Arch Winning (36)
Poms smarmy?

Ridiculous, we all know poms are boys-own-manual-do-the-right-thing and it's-just-not-cricket-chaps modest stiff upper lip Types.

Next people will be saying they can't resist cheating :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.