• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

England v Australia, Saturday 3 December

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Anyone know what our record is like under Peyper?

At least of diabolical results in Bledisloes & he reffed us v Scotland in Newcastle in 2012.

So Cheika need to have a pre-game meeting with him way more than Eddie does?

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Pass it to Dunning!

Bob Loudon (25)

At least of diabolical results in Bledisloes & he reffed us v Scotland in Newcastle in 2012.

We haven't done well with Peyper reffing but I'll argue he's the best ref in world rugby today.

Reactions: dru

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Don't care. Must play well to nullify the Peyd Peyper.

Cheika on the front foot to the press about Eddie. Good. No sitting back any more.

Poker face.

Let's smash the ****s

Scotty

David Codey (61)
No, not if we were still second in the world but we have been fluctuating between 3rd and 5th.

A more objective way to look at it is this:

England and New Zealand are the two teams ahead of us and we haven't beaten either of them. Ireland beat us by 3 points with the home advantage. Ireland have beaten NZ, but they also got beaten twice by the Boks earlier in the year, but beat them once as well. We beat the Boks at home but they beat us at altitude and they have clearly been struggling since then. Everyone else below us we have beaten.

I reckon the rankings are about right except that us and Ireland are on par for the 3rd spot at the moment. If we beat England we will justifiably climb to 2nd and then it will be up to Ireland to challenge us for that spot, or for England to get it back, during the 6 nations.

We are only fluctuating because we have been losing.

If we had won the games we were favoured to win then we'd still be in second, oh and not getting beaten by a shitload every time we played the ABs would help.

Our performances are getting better as the year has progressed but there is no doubt we have dropped off from last year and the Rankin's obviously reflect that.

Forcefield

Ken Catchpole (46)
Swings and roundabouts. 12 months ago Australia embarrassed England and Argentina with Ireland. Fast forward a year and the four teams are in entirely different places. Who is to say that in another 12 months it will be the same? Surely the Springboks can't be as shitty as they have been this year for long. I have been a Larkham critic (as a coach) until this tour. But I am starting to see more of the kind of play that made me love rugby. It would be great if Byrne and Larkham could effectively reimplement (rusty edges atm) those backline plays. I think another year or two for some of our forwards might also knock things up a notch. Holloway, Staniforth, the return of Higgers, another year for Robertson and Latu etc.

Strewthcobber

Mark Ella (57)
"The Disciplinary Committee then concluded that, although Mr Mumm had committed an act of foul play (as he had accepted), the particular circumstances of the incident meant that Mr Mumm's actions would not have warranted a red card,” today’s statement read."

Maybe the Scottish players getting off on appeal in the WC for a similar one had a bearing? Though I think they were found not to have committed foul play in the end.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ the thing to remember about the Scots shambles is they fuckin' pleaded GUILTY & initially were only appealing the severity of the penalty. How the then got off altogether is a mystery.

Big bags of money perhaps? Because, there is no other logical explanation :)

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Vaguely recall something about how nothing either of them did was illegal, and it was their actions in tandem that created the dangerous situation.

So combined with it being not severe, World Rugby not putting focus on it as they are now, the guilty plea, and the apology, they got nothing.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
I think Mumm very lucky, but I do think it right, I perhaps not as keen as a lot on here about some of the citings .
And we can all thank our lucky stars he wasn't an All Black as this bored would of had a meltdown!

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
I think it was in the media that two Scots said that they intended to plead guilty, and everyone assumed that that would be the case.

At judicial hearing, that may not have happened as the punters suspected. History records that they "got off", when we all "knew" they intended to plead guilty. Cue outrage, understandably if assumptions were made about their actual plea based on an intention reported in the media. Perhaps their lawyers or the SRU or someone convinced them to change their minds afrtr they were quoted in the press.

Twoilms

Trevor Allan (34)
Swings and roundabouts. 12 months ago Australia embarrassed England and Argentina with Ireland. Fast forward a year and the four teams are in entirely different places. Who is to say that in another 12 months it will be the same? Surely the Springboks can't be as shitty as they have been this year for long. I have been a Larkham critic (as a coach) until this tour. But I am starting to see more of the kind of play that made me love rugby. It would be great if Byrne and Larkham could effectively reimplement (rusty edges atm) those backline plays. I think another year or two for some of our forwards might also knock things up a notch. Holloway, Staniforth, the return of Higgers, another year for Robertson and Latu etc.
Spot on. I think we all get too caught up in the details sometimes.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Twoilms

Trevor Allan (34)
Among others, 0-3 to England at home is one hell of a "detail".

It can only be presumed that Twoilms "swings and roundabouts" Means we are due for the roundabout.

It is a detail in how ever many years of Rugby we've all seen/will see.

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
So what are the chances England can break the All Blacks winning record? Win this then it is on to the Six Nations. They play Ireland last who on current form are the only side I can see them losing too. Stay undefeated and that is 7 games - 20 tests.

Guess the Wallabies really need to win this weekend. Not sure if it is worse that the Poms or Kiwis hold the record.

Twoilms

Trevor Allan (34)
So what are the chances England can break the All Blacks winning record? Win this then it is on to the Six Nations. They play Ireland last who on current form are the only side I can see them losing too. Stay undefeated and that is 7 games - 20 tests.

Guess the Wallabies really need to win this weekend. Not sure if it is worse that the Poms or Kiwis hold the record.

The annoying thing is, none of those 20 games would involve a victory over the Kiwi's. Somehow feels like less of an achievement.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)

What !

Cheika would only headbutt the bloke..

To me one of the disappointing traits of Chek is diplomacy or lack thereof

Status
Not open for further replies.