• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

England v Australia, Saturday 3 December

Status
Not open for further replies.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
Article today on FoxSports by Doran, questioning whether "finishers" counts any more.

Gotta say, Doran is doing his best to fill the hole left by Growden's negativity in the mainstream press.

The local radio station up here has morphed this article to say that 'Michael Cheika says he has lost faith in his finishers' and then goes on to quote parts of the article. Maybe he has, but I'm pretty sure he hasn't said it!

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Thanks forgot that, so they are on 14 wins , then aust would make 15, they can win their first 4 6'n's and they break the record before playing ireland.

It's 13 currently.

After losing to us on 3 October 2015 they beat Uruguay at the RWC, 5x 6N, 1x warmup test in May against Wales, 3x Australia in June, 3x November tests vs SA, Fiji, Argentina.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
Just out of interest, I've been watching beIN, but who are the SBS commentators and what are they like?

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Cyprus holds the world record test rugby winning streak.

Even if the Soap Dodgers get to 20, which they may, there is another 5 to go to match Test Rugby powerhouse for the World Record.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I think it was in the media that two Scots said that they intended to plead guilty, and everyone assumed that that would be the case.

At judicial hearing, that may not have happened as the punters suspected. History records that they "got off", when we all "knew" they intended to plead guilty. Cue outrage, understandably if assumptions were made about their actual plea based on an intention reported in the media. Perhaps their lawyers or the SRU or someone convinced them to change their minds afrtr they were quoted in the press.

Vaguely recall something about how nothing either of them did was illegal, and it was their actions in tandem that created the dangerous situation.

So combined with it being not severe, World Rugby not putting focus on it as they are now, the guilty plea, and the apology, they got nothing.

image.jpeg

"The Scottish Rugby Union announced it was challenging the punishments handed to the hooker Ford and the lock Gray for dumping Samoa’s Jack Lam on his head with an illegal two-man tip tackle during the 36-33 win. But in a subsequent statement, Scotland said they are set to appeal only against the length of the suspensions and not the finding of guilt itself."

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2015/oct/15/scotland-appeal-world-cup-bans-jonny-gray-ross-ford

I'll conceded that they appear not to have pleaded guilty BUT stand by saying the appeal was as to the sentence, not the conviction, so to speak. Anyways, Mumm's still a very, very, VERY lucky man IMO.

Rugrat

Darby Loudon (17)
The annoying thing is, none of those 20 games would involve a victory over the Kiwi's. Somehow feels like less of an achievement.
all blacks didn't beat England in thier winning streak. In fact they Beat some pretty average teams such a as Namibia and Georgia not sure you can call it first tier rugby. All Blacks are a great team no doubt but facts is always interesting.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
View attachment 8755

"The Scottish Rugby Union announced it was challenging the punishments handed to the hooker Ford and the lock Gray for dumping Samoa’s Jack Lam on his head with an illegal two-man tip tackle during the 36-33 win. But in a subsequent statement, Scotland said they are set to appeal only against the length of the suspensions and not the finding of guilt itself."

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2015/oct/15/scotland-appeal-world-cup-bans-jonny-gray-ross-ford

I'll conceded that they appear not to have pleaded guilty BUT stand by saying the appeal was as to the sentence, not the conviction, so to speak. Anyways, Mumm's still a very, very, VERY lucky man IMO.

As were the Scots.

disco

Chilla Wilson (44)
Our attack is better now compared to the 3 tests we played in June but our attack isn't the problem, our problem is our defence.

We still scored a stack of Tries in Brisbane and Sydney only in Melbourne our attack went AWOL. Our defence is the problem we've let in 3 tries per game in our last 3 matches and some very soft tries.

For all the penalties we gave away last week (13) I only recall 1 pilfer from Pocock in the whole match so Chek may as well play Fardy and give away another 13 penalties because when Pocock and Fardy play together I reckon we'll be good for 4-5 pilfers over 80 minutes.

I think we'll win and I'm picking Folau to be the difference I think this is the week our backs hold that last pass and stop butchering chances.

Wobs by 12

upthereds#!

Ken Catchpole (46)
Really hate amateur reporting.. an article on espn.com.au.

"giant Wallabies second rower Rob Simmons"...when he is one of our smallest.

"the Queensland Red believes he's made huge improvements during this tour and embracing the new responsibility of calling the line-out."......new responsibility?

Nothing new about it..he just wasn't good enough around the park so they had to give his key role to a rookie.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
all blacks didn't beat England in thier winning streak. In fact they Beat some pretty average teams such a as Namibia and Georgia not sure you can call it first tier rugby. All Blacks are a great team no doubt but facts is always interesting.

Too true Rugrat, also the All Blacks got to meet Wallabies and South Africa a few times, so I suspect they get a slightly easier time of it than England who are playing probably harder teams.;)
And in all seriousness I suspect the 6N maybe a bit harder to win than the RC these days.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
Too true Rugrat, also the All Blacks got to meet Wallabies and South Africa a few times, so I suspect they get a slightly easier time of it than England who are playing probably harder teams.;)
And in all seriousness I suspect the 6N maybe a bit harder to win than the RC these days.

That probably depends whether you are from New Zealand or one of the other 3 countries in the RC!

Scotty

David Codey (61)
Really hate amateur reporting.. an article on espn.com.au.

"giant Wallabies second rower Rob Simmons".when he is one of our smallest.

"the Queensland Red believes he's made huge improvements during this tour and embracing the new responsibility of calling the line-out."..new responsibility?

Nothing new about it..he just wasn't good enough around the park so they had to give his key role to a rookie.

Having stood next to him he is a giant compared to me!

Marcelo

Ken Catchpole (46)
If England beat the wallabies this weekend (which is likely) they must be the best International team of 2016. Won every game and Six nations. Based on the northern hemisphere tour results one could easily argue that England has played in a tougher competition (six nations )than All Blacks (Rugby Championships). So England best team in the world All Blacks who of course lost to Ireland now the second best team in the world.
That sounds nice!

I dont think so. You have to beat the current world champion to be the best.

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Expecting less keyboard abuse when the starting side is named, hopefully today but maybe tomorrow.

Cheika will probably want to keep Eddie on his toes and name it at the last possible moment

Status
Not open for further replies.