• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

England v Australia, Saturday 3 December

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
What we need is a forward pack that will stand up in its set piece and win the collisions most of the time. If we achieve this it will not matter if it is quade or Foley or HP or Folau. They will all be excellent with a bunch of front foot ball.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
What we need is a forward pack that will stand up in its set piece and win the collisions most of the time. If we achieve this it will not matter if it is quade or Foley or HP or Folau. They will all be excellent with a bunch of front foot ball.

Exactly. This is what we get for paying the backs more than the rugby players.

dru

Tim Horan (67)

I agree with the platitude but not with what I saw in the implementation in this game. Our pigs were fine. We lacked a B Plan. Our tactics and strategy cost us here, not the pack. Coaching issue, not the muscle.

No doubt in my mind that Foley is the superior distributor in implementing the Larkham systems. Also no doubt in my mind that this strategy is not going to consistently trouble the top 5 international teams. With or without better forwards, with or without Foley in form.

Does Quade have the form to be able to do something different? (If Larkham permits it?) No idea. Larkham/Cheika selections and bench use would seem to suggest not. But then they need to do something different themselves.

I don't think Quade "deserved" to displace Foley in the 2016 EOYT. But there is something here to watch in Super Rugby 2017. This said, what Quade can or can not do means zilch if we stick with this rugby-monoglot strategy.

Cheika/Larkham have made their bed here. Let them sleep in it.

Twoilms

Trevor Allan (34)
A lot of you propose to fix only one aspect of a multifaceted team. We need small improvements across the park. Our forwards fade in and out of dominance, our tactical and place kicking is still off the mark, our backs are lacking that clinical edge that finishes opportunities. Our coaching staff need time with young players that have just debuted, they need to remember that they have 'finishers' and not just liabilities to come on in the last 10. They need to learn to think tactically, on their feet, etc etc ETC.

The list is long but it's all perfectly achievable. Proposing improvement in one area will suddenly put us on par with England and NZ is stooooopid.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
A lot of you propose to fix only one aspect of a multifaceted team. We need small improvements across the park. Our forwards fade in and out of dominance, our tactical and place kicking is still off the mark, our backs are lacking that clinical edge that finishes opportunities. Our coaching staff need time with young players that have just debuted, they need to remember that they have 'finishers' and not just liabilities to come on in the last 10. They need to learn to think tactically, on their feet, etc etc ETC.

The list is long but it's all perfectly achievable. Proposing improvement in one area will suddenly put us on par with England and NZ is stooooopid.

Gee 2lims, with all the areas you have identified you must be on of Chek's (and his assistants) greatest critics, especially since they have had control of the group for over 2 years now.

Have faith man, have faith

Reactions: dru
K

KAOPointman

Quade was given a shot this year and as mentioned...absolutely played better then foley has all year....and that's with a No10 standing at inside centre. Then all of a sudden...Foley was given the role back.......and we all know how that's been going. He's played absolute boring and uneffective rugby since. There's obviously some massive coach love going on for Foley......because even when he being benched....he takes someone else's spot on the field. And to reward him for his terrible form......let's not even trial or give ANY minutes to a backup 10.
As far as I'm concerned they should have just taken the easy way out and said Foley really needed a break.

Can't wait to see how our stocks at 10 go next year....cus we badly need someone better then Foley. I'm betting the Tahs possibly will too!

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Quade was given a shot this year and as mentioned.absolutely played better then foley has all year..and that's with a No10 standing at inside centre. Then all of a sudden.Foley was given the role back...and we all know how that's been going. He's played absolute boring and uneffective rugby since. There's obviously some massive coach love going on for Foley..because even when he being benched..he takes someone else's spot on the field. And to reward him for his terrible form..let's not even trial or give ANY minutes to a backup 10.
As far as I'm concerned they should have just taken the easy way out and said Foley really needed a break.

Can't wait to see how our stocks at 10 go next year..cus we badly need someone better then Foley. I'm betting the Tahs possibly will too!

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.