• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

England v Australia

Status
Not open for further replies.

nathan

Darby Loudon (17)
1. Slipper
2. Fainga'a
3. Kepu
4. Carter
5. Simmons
6. Jones
7. Hooper
8. McCalman
9. Phipps
10. Cooper
11. Tomane
12. To'omua
13. Ashley-Cooper
14. Speight
15. Folau

16. Hanson 17. Robinson 18. Faulkner 19. Horwill 20. Hodgson 21. Genia 22. Foley 23. Horne

While I like this team I can't help but feel slightly exposed in having nobody in the back 3 that can kick a ball.

Shelts89

Tom Lawton (22)
We'll just have to disagree. And SA are hardly famous for playing with finesse and they seem to do alright

BDA

Peter Johnson (47)
Tomane in for AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper).
Cooper at 5/8, Horne and Foley on the bench.
Horwill onto the bench for Skelton (set piece is paramount against the poms).
Beale out of the 23.
AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) at 13 if Kuridrani is out.

Will be happy to see this season finish. Hopefully we'll have more success next year. Cheika will be under major pressure if the wallabies lose this game. Unfortunately i can see another stuttering performance this weekend and another close loss

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
While I like this team I can't help but feel slightly exposed in having nobody in the back 3 that can kick a ball.

and for that reason alone if TK can't play you'll find Beale is picked on the wing for this game..

on that, if TK is out I think it is fitting that AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) will play this game at 13..as much as I hate to say it, barring injury and the pool games v the lower ranked teams at RWC, I fear this will be AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper)'s last game in the starting XV..he'll have a role on the bench as a utility no doubt, and an important role..I may be wrong, but if I am right he deserves to play test #103 in the 13 jersey, his best position..

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
assuming no injuries the only changes I'd make are swapping Cooper for Foley and bringing Horwill back in..

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
Tomane in for AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper).
Cooper at 5/8, Horne and Foley on the bench.
Horwill onto the bench for Skelton (set piece is paramount against the poms).
Beale out of the 23.
AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) at 13 if Kuridrani is out.

Will be happy to see this season finish. Hopefully we'll have more success next year. Cheika will be under major pressure if the wallabies lose this game. Unfortunately i can see another stuttering performance this weekend and another close loss
Dunno why you boys are giving foley such a hard time. Motm vs us and though he scored shakiest try in history, wasn't his fault. He reminds me a lot of larkham. Me and jiffy his only fans?

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
@Cardiffblue and @Shelts89 - no more posts along the lines of those deleted. Read our forum rules on this subject. Benefit of the doubt as you might not be aware.

FilthRugby

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
In order to combat the high ball, get Kurtley Beale to start at fullback!

hqdefault.jpg

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
Anyway, you can shuffle the backs around all week and you'd come up with any number of combinations that would be better than the orcs. But that's not where the problems lie

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Dunno why you boys are giving foley such a hard time. Motm vs us and though he scored shakiest try in history, wasn't his fault. He reminds me a lot of larkham. Me and jiffy his only fans?

No you're not. You need to remember that there's an agenda behind at least some of the Foley hate.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Barring injury, I expect the match day 23 to stay the same. Making wholesale changes for the last match of the tour makes no sense at all and is also contrary to the Cheika MO.

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
I reckon to win big games consistently you need fly half whose body runs on antifreeze like sexton carter of old or larkham not an erratic genius. He's not the finished article yet but with some better service he could be close. We'd have him!

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
No you're not. You need to remember that there's an agenda behind at least some of the Foley hate.
Would that be the "Wanting the Wallabies to Win" agenda?

Everyone knows Foley's a nice guy, steady performer but he's not feared by opposition defense coaches like Quade is. We need more blokes that make the other team nervous. Can't just leave it all to TK & Izzy.

Status
Not open for further replies.