• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

England v Australia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Benaud

Tom Lawton (22)
Gee that was ordinary. Phipps and Fainga'a in particular played the worst halves I've seen from them in a long time. Izzy did a couple of good things but his error was very costly. McCalman and Carter really dumb penalties. Scrum mostly beaten. Lineout similar. AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) needs to develop a passing game. Hooper is probably the only Aussie to score an above average mark there. Foley, To'omua, Speight, Horne, McMahon OK. Everyone else on struggle street.

biggsy

Chilla Wilson (44)
Looking forward to Skelton hitting it up from within our 22 in the second half, and scrummaging when we inevitably drop the ball due to fatigue from running it out of our own half.

Yep Skelton is the key to fixing up the scrum, he is good at that....

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
We've made lots of breaks and half breaks. I feel like we'll score some tries if we hang onto the ball better. Too many errors in the first half.

MrTabua

Larry Dwyer (12)
6 handling errors to 2 against the AUS team.

AUS 61% possession.
I thought whilst the first half was on, considering we had huge possession yet were down 6 -3 that, unlike against NZ, we would go well with big possession (cause England aren't as good exploiting turn-over ball).

Should we be taking all these penalty shots at goal????

I don't think Hooper's lineout calls have worked in many many tests this year.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Gee that was ordinary. Phipps and Fainga'a in particular played the worst halves I've seen from them in a long time. Izzy did a couple of good things but his error was very costly. McCalman and Carter really dumb penalties. Scrum mostly beaten. Lineout similar. AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) needs to develop a passing game. Hooper is probably the only Aussie to score an above average mark there. Foley, To'omua, Speight, Horne, McMahon OK. Everyone else on struggle street.

To'omua has been in everything good for us. Hooper's working hard too.

MrTabua

Larry Dwyer (12)
Mate, you're dreaming if you think that AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) should've passed. He did what was needed.
I think he did too.

However, it was funny. His critics highlight 'AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) never passes' and ,indeed, he didn't!

Status
Not open for further replies.