• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

England v Australia

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrTabua

Larry Dwyer (12)
could be worse guys
It's a very good point.

Just because we lost or won the week before doesn't mean a corresponding result occurs the next week.

Which is great!

I would like to say that Australian rugby would not be in the absolute disaster that it now is, after a record EOYT loss v win record in a decade, if Ewen was in charge. :)

Hope you lose all your games next year Waratahs' fans.

Bruce Ross

Ken Catchpole (46)
Yeah, the pack was hammered.

However, it's been like that for over a decade.
Not actually a decade. The rot set in with regard to physicality in 2008 when Jason Weber was replaced as Wallabies S & C by Peter Harding as part of the Deans experiment. Deans didn't pay attention to strength conditioning because in New Zealand brute strength is a given.

Harding had a preoccupation with bar speed with weight restricted to 30% of 1 rep max IIRC.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
That's the night for me.

Congratulations to the Soap Dodgers. Played smarter. Out kicked, out mauled, out scrummed, out thought.

The Men in Gold had plenty of chances to win the game but were unable to land the killer blow.

Will people stop posting results of other games in this thread?

You have spoiled the game for fellow Gaggerlanders who want to enjoy the suspense of not knowing the result before they watch it later. At least wait 12-24 hours posting spoiler results.

MrTabua

Larry Dwyer (12)
Was a bit like watching a rerun of the Somme but at least we held our nerve, just.
As Stephen Jones criticised Anton Oliver about comparing the NZ dressing room after the QF loss to France in 2007 to the way Allied troops felt in Western Europe during WWI, I I say no, that is inappropriate.

El

Bob McCowan (2)
It's a very good point.

Just because we lost or won the week before doesn't mean a corresponding result occurs the next week.

Which is great!

I would like to say that Australian rugby would not be in the absolute disaster that it now is, after a record EOYT loss v win record in a decade, if Ewen was in charge. :)

Hope you lose all your games next year Waratahs' fans.

Now now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MrTabua

Larry Dwyer (12)
He adds some of that grunt that we don't have.

Unfortunately he's still a long way off being a starter.
I think it's about time we all ask why?????

Why is it a player that pretty much everyone in the rugby world considers a gifted natural specimen is less aerobically fit than fellow players?

KFC can be blamed for many things but even this???

Just like 'Rodzilla', get a grip Skelton, and reach your undoubted potential.

lewisr

Bill McLean (32)
A performance worthy of a team that lacks composure, leadership and true "die for your mate" culture all because we have a coach unwilling to let go of an evidently average captain and a bloke who frankly brings SHIT FUCKING ALL to the team besides his behavioural baggage.

We won't be successful and will turn out this tripe as long as we allow our yellow jersey to be disgraced by idiots who have had 45 second chances and then have their sexist bullying supported by their mates and the captain with complete disregard for the coaches position and public opinion.

This whole thing stinks and my god we have Two chances of winning the World Cup next year: Buckley's and none, unless we wake up and revolutionise the way these factional state allegiances have ruined our great team. And that starts with a clean out of the arseholes at the very top of management who are apparently still 12 year olds fighting over who should get more of the pie.

So utterly devoid of any passion or love for the wallabies at the moment, what a sad day it is for Australian rugby.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
Not actually a decade. The rot set in with regard to physicality in 2008 when Jason Weber was replaced as Wallabies S & C by Peter Harding as part of the Deans experiment. Deans didn't pay attention to strength conditioning because in New Zealand brute strength is a given.

Harding had a preoccupation with bar speed with weight restricted to 30% of 1 rep max IIRC.
Well, if pre-2008 was the high point it's no wonder things look crook now.

Anyway, I don't like the sound of this Peter Harding bloke. So Pulver was pulling his strings like a marionette behind Robbie's back all the while, and on JON's watch?

This sickens me.

FairWeatherAussie

Ted Fahey (11)
Whoever does the ratings, no one from 1-9 deserves more than 4 out of 10, apart from McMahon who maybe deserves a 5. No one who played at the position 9 deserves more than a 3. Thanks,

Bruce Ross

Ken Catchpole (46)
Another lesson we could take from tonight was in relation to mauling. The more the shape of a pack's maul resembles a set scrum the more efficient and effective it will be. In this respect the England maul was exemplary. By contrast the Australian forwards were splintered and dangling around the fringe of the maul.

Not the sort of thing you concern yourself with when your focus is on smart, creative, attacking Pulverising rugby.

Status
Not open for further replies.