• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

EOYT 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Biffo

Ken Catchpole (46)
Nonsense.

Julian Savea, convicted of domestic abuse. Sitiveni Sivivatu, convicted of domestic abuse. Piri Weepu, Jimmy Cowan, Jerome Kaino all had alcohol related incidents. Dane Coles abused a policeman. Adam Thomson was charged with assualting his girlfriend. All the Zac Guildford stuff.., and this is just off the top of my head.

we didn't read about the great NZ rugby public screaming that Rutchie was supporting those blokes against all that is decent and good, did we?

may i add to your "top of the head" excellence the question how many professional rugby players in NZ have been granted 'name suppression orders' to protect them? might it be 792 over the last ten years?

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
Biff, something can most certainly be done. You have complete control over what is done also! :)

The idea that topics of discussion that individual posters don't want to be involved in should be off limits is a bit offensive.

I think a few to many people took the frequent closing of the original Beale thread the wrong way. I don't think closing a thread would be something mods would do to stifle or prohibit discussion. I think generally it happened because folk were being defamatory or playing the man more that discussing the issues.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Mr Mod Cyclo

Can you and your learned moderators-in-arms please consider some sort of "class action Rule 10" on the subject of Mr Beale, Messrs Hawker/BillyPoo and TGC's right to select any player who is available?

I have just been in hospital to have my gall bladder removed. I am sad to have to report that the smell of this thread makes my excised gallbladder and its contents smell "as sweet as".

I have tried to avoid involvement in this matter and am becoming very irritated by the never-ending angst, much of which appears to divide along geographical lines. My one comment is that I thought two fines of AUD 48,000 meant two fines totalling AUD 48,000. To others on this board, especially those with certain postcodes, two fines totalling AUD 48,000 means two fines of AUD 48,000 plus a hanging, followed by some tar and feathers and a life ban". There will never be any agreement.

The thread is crap. It stinks. Those responsible should be utterly ashamed.

Can something be done, please?

Thanks in rugby

Biff

So talking about whether or not someone should or should not be on tour and why isn't related to the EOYT thread. Some times we are such bitches when we go close a thread because I don't like it.

Don't read it. No one's attacking each other. Just alot of disappointed rugby fans and not so disappointed ones.

Sorry bout your gall bladder, hope you get well soon.

P.S if we lose the core fans we lose the game.

Biffo

Ken Catchpole (46)
Cheika wearing track suit to the games while the rested players are dressed in suits is also making some sort of statement. I suspect to Beale it will say it's all right to wear any old thing on an aeroplane.

In any case, I vehemently disagree with Cheika's assessment of Beale being in the top 33 in the country. I don't have to justify my view of Beale, but Cheika certainly does if it goes to shit which given time I expect it will.

ok, Champ, i will bite.
let's see your top 33 Australian players in Australia.
we can then select an independent arbitration panel to judge your 33.

will you accept the arbitrator's decision?
don't even bother answering.

numbers 1-33, please

Biffo

Ken Catchpole (46)
Biff, something can most certainly be done. You have complete control over what is done also! :)

The idea that topics of discussion that individual posters don't want to be involved in should be off limits is a bit offensive.

I think a few to many people took the frequent closing of the original Beale thread the wrong way. I don't think closing a thread would be something mods would do to stifle or prohibit discussion. I think generally it happened because folk were being defamatory or playing the man more that discussing the issues.

are you moving to the GAGR management that Rule 10 be rescinded?
i am an extreme opponent of outside censorship, in almost any context.
my objection is to the same thing being said repeatedly (ad nauseam) and taking up space on the board with rancid, silly, paranoid (see, i didn't write "juvenule"?) assertions.
isn't Rule 10 meant to protect us from those who won't "let go"?

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
I'm going to have a crack at naming them..off the cuff

the front row..McKenzie, Kearns, Daly - 3
Poidevin, Gavin - 5
Farr-Jones, Campese, Roebuck - 8

who'd I miss?

EDIT: Egerton!

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Mr Mod Cyclo

Can you and your learned moderators-in-arms please consider some sort of "class action Rule 10" on the subject of Mr Beale, Messrs Hawker/BillyPoo and TGC's right to select any player who is available?

I have just been in hospital to have my gall bladder removed. I am sad to have to report that the smell of this thread makes my excised gallbladder and its contents smell "as sweet as".

I have tried to avoid involvement in this matter and am becoming very irritated by the never-ending angst, much of which appears to divide along geographical lines. My one comment is that I thought two fines of AUD 48,000 meant two fines totalling AUD 48,000. To others on this board, especially those with certain postcodes, two fines totalling AUD 48,000 means two fines of AUD 48,000 plus a hanging, followed by some tar and feathers and a life ban". There will never be any agreement.

The thread is crap. It stinks. Those responsible should be utterly ashamed.

Can something be done, please?

Thanks in rugby

Biff
The Internet requires us, for OH&S purposes, to have a grease-trap.

On the upside, once we sort a few logistic issues, GAGR™ Bio-Diesel will be on sale.

Dumbledore

Dick Tooth (41)
we didn't read about the great NZ rugby public screaming that Rutchie was supporting those blokes against all that is decent and good, did we?

may i add to your "top of the head" excellence the question how many professional rugby players in NZ have been granted 'name suppression orders' to protect them? might it be 792 over the last ten years?
Without knowing the exact number I'd suggest it's somewhere in the magnitude of a shitload.

Biffo

Ken Catchpole (46)
You don't think he wears a tracksuit because he gets physically involved in the warm-up..

Of course you would. Beale was instrumental in winning the Tahs the Super Rugby competition, his attacking stats far exceeded any other 12 in the comp. It surely comes as no surprise that Cheika, his Tahs coach, rates him as a player.

well put.

may i add the simple point that the excluded members of the squad are not working.
TGC is.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
I'm going to have a crack at naming them..off the cuff

the front row..McKenzie, Kearns, Daly - 3
Poidevin, Gavin - 5
Farr-Jones, Campese, Roebuck - 8

who'd I miss?

EDIT: Egerton!

91? No Gavin. Team was:

Roebuck - nsw
Campo - nsw
Little - qld
Horan - qld
Ego - nsw
Noddy -qld
NFJ - nsw
Coker - qld
Poido - nsw
Willie O - nsw
Eales - qld
McCall - qld
Link - qld
Kearns - nsw
Daley - nsw

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
91? No Gavin. Team was:

Roebuck - nsw
Campo - nsw
Little - qld
Horan - qld
Ego - nsw
Noddy -qld
NFJ - nsw
Coker - qld
Poido - nsw
Willie O - nsw
Eales - qld
McCall - qld
Link - qld
Kearns - nsw
Daley - nsw

I also had Link down as a Tah..you have him as a redneck..I'm pretty sure he played for the Tahs, or did he play for both?

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
How wrong I was. See this thread for the All Black hall of shame!

http://nzrugbybadboys.blogspot.com.au/2013/01/all-black-hall-of-shame.html

Happy to admit I was wrong. There are some serious fuck ups in there.

Although it is interesting to note that I can't see anyone with the resume of Kurtley, perhaps Guilford, but he, like JOC (James O'Connor), had his contract torn up.

I still think this comes back to the repeated infringements of Beale and how I think there needs to be serious consequences not just for the benefit of the team but for him as a person.

Apologies Dumbledore, you are evidently all knowing.
Jeez,no only they are naughty,they are poison to do business with.
Plenty of failed ventures in that lot!

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
91? No Gavin. Team was:

Roebuck - nsw
Campo - nsw
Little - qld
Horan - qld
Ego - nsw
Noddy -qld
NFJ - nsw
Coker - qld
Poido - nsw
Willie O - nsw
Eales - qld
McCall - qld
Link - qld
Kearns - nsw
Daley - nsw
Pretty sure McKenzie was from NSW, Reg. Even for about 19 years after that!!

Status
Not open for further replies.