• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

EOYT Debutants 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
Do not kid yourself that we have the depth to even attempt such a move.

Please refer to Munster in 2010, Samoa in 2011 and Scotland in 2012 for proof.
Think the Wallabies need to take another shot at Munster, as it stands they have played 9 times with 4 wins a piece and a draw.

D

daz

After a bruising Lions series I imagine injury will fast-track a few blokes into Wallaby Gold for the RC who might normally have to wait until the EOYT.

Pyle and Folau would absolutely fit this category.

Try-ranosaurus Rex

Darby Loudon (17)
Pyle and Folau would absolutely fit this category.

Pyle and Folau are firmly in different categories. One is a Wallaby hopefull, the other is a Wallaby candidate.

I'll let you figure out which one is which....

D

daz

Pyle and Folau are firmly in different categories. One is a Wallaby hopefull, the other is a Wallaby candidate.

I'll let you figure out which one is which..

You don't think either of those guys will pull on a Wallaby jumper this year? Interesting.

Why not?

Try-ranosaurus Rex

Darby Loudon (17)
I think Folau will get the nod during the Lions series, and thus I consider him a current Wallaby candidate.

Pyle is playing good footy, but IMHO it's not test match stuff... as such I'd have him in the Wallaby hopeful category.

D

daz

I think Folau will get the nod during the Lions series, and thus I consider him a current Wallaby candidate.

Pyle is playing good footy, but IMHO it's not test match stuff. as such I'd have him in the Wallaby hopeful category.

I think both these guys will get a jumper purely because there is a lot of hard core rugby to be played this year and potential player injury (and workload) will play a big part in guys getting a gig before they normally might.

Pyle made the wider Wallaby squad last year so he is clearly in RD's plans as a replacement/development player, even if it is in a mid-week game to protect and/or rest the prime locks and give him (Pyle) some experience.

Folau is a dead set certainty to get a jumper this year, it is just a matter of when.

youngone

Allen Oxlade (6)
As a sort of future-wallabies team, imagine
Sio, Hanson, Ryan, Pyle, Carter, Cottrell, Gill, Auelua, White, Foley, Tomane, Godwin, Inman, Crawford, Mogg

I think that the Force/Rebels would beat that team as it stands...

Kid in the U20's Jonah Placid wouldn't be far off leapfrogging a few of those backs...

Forcefield

Ken Catchpole (46)
We saw that at the under 20's world cup last year. and that didn't end so well.

No we didn't. Godwin played 10 in the JWC.

I wouldn't blame them for that performance either. Our backrow and second row were lightweight and Gill was out of form. Also, our defence out wide sucked.

RoffsChoice

Jim Lenehan (48)
I'm not suggesting we go out and let our up and comers get smashed on the international scale, I'm saying rotate these players in until they all have a good few games of experience. Six RC and four EOYT, that's ten games. Just trying out one new guy on field and having another on the bench will mean you give ten guys two caps and a taste of what they could have if they keep it up.

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
I don't want anyone rotated as it has backfired spectacularly in the past. Pick the best XV every week and players can get opportunity through injury.

Nelse

Chris McKivat (8)
Number of debutants depends on the coach. If it is still Deans there may be only 4 or 5.. If it's someone new then they may view that as an opportunity to blood some newbies and make a quick cultural change before London15

Status
Not open for further replies.