• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Evolution at Green and Gold Rugby - PLEASE READ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gagger

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Staff member
Hi all,

I started Green and Gold Rugby (GAGR) in 2007 as an experiment: it was the time before social media and there were these new things called ‘blogs’ – I wanted to find out how they worked. There was a Rugby World Cup that year, why not Aussie rugby?

Four World Cups later and GAGR has become one of the greatest influences on my life. I’ve had the opportunity to meet or speak with every player, coach and leader in the game I’ve ever wanted to. I was taken to a World Cup and partied with the Reds the night they won the 2011 Super Rugby Championship. I wouldn’t have my current career without GAGR – both because of the fundamental knowledge of digital publishing and vital connections it made for me.

IMG_4379.jpg
IMG_1071-620x520.jpg
IMG_4375.jpg
IMG_4147-620x465.jpg
IMG_1443.jpg

But most importantly it’s given me some of my very best friends because as you will know, Rugby has a unique ability to bring together the funniest, most interesting, brilliant and trustworthy people. I’ve also met one or two backs who weren’t bad either.

Which is all why I am so thrilled to announce that GAGR is in the process of transitioning to new leadership and ownership by the man you may know as @Hoss of Ponderosa Publishing. I’m thrilled because GAGR needs new ideas, energy and investment to enable it to open the next chapter in its story and I know that Hoss and his team will give it that while staying true to GAGR’s ethos.

There are too many people to name them all for getting us this far, but to everyone who’s been involved in any way – thank you from me and thank you from Aussie rugby. I would especially like to call out the mods in this place who manage to walk the fine line of giving people the freedom to express their opinions without burning the whole place down. Thank you - you are truly unsung heroes.

I won’t be disappearing from the scene, who knows but I might be able to spend more time commenting from the sideline rather than just keeping the publishing organ afloat.

Thank you and see you around

Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.