• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Excellent opinion pieces

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duncher

Herbert Moran (7)
http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/opinion/7698084/Apart-from-McCaw-All-Blacks-lack-enforcers

great article, speaks volumes about our current forward pack as well... The thing that shits me most about watching the rugby championship at the moment is how much I respect Ritchies input... The dude's a freak, I hate him...

Duncher - Sorry, but I have changed the title of your thread slightly, but it's for a good reason.

Now and then folks may come across a good rugby opinion article but don't have a thread to put it in.

This could be a thread they could use.

Please use it guys.

Thanks

LG

L

Linebacker_41

This is a great article! The saving grace for the All Blacks now is that every team is going through the same cycle of regeneration in the 4 year cycle of RWC.

The balance of ball players to grunts is out of whack at the ABs as to with the Boks and the Wallabies.

It is funny that in previous Wallaby threads many of us have spoken about the balance of the backrow but in reality the balance of the whole pack is what wins games. McCaw and Reid are such a versatile combination that the ABs dont have to get the other selections 100% right for them to be successful.

However if you look what is coming through the iTM Cup and the other Super rugby franchises I am scared that there wont be much drop off when the changing of the guard occurs. Admittedly there will be less flexibility within the ABs pack but they will still be tough.

3rd Tier!!!!!!!!

W

Waylon

The order will go out. The production line will turn out some mean mutha farkers

Is Kaino just out injured? He'll be back for the neck Rugby Championship yes?

With 100 kiwis a week heading over the dutch, we will have an all islander wallaby pack in no time

We need to get rid of the toffs from Sydney GPS schools and replace them with some massively mean units from Inala

edit.........McCaw is the best 7 that has ever walked on the planet. Whe he retires, the allblacks will struggle to replace him. It's like the Australian cricket team losing Warne.

McCaw is the type of bloke who will still be the best 7 in the world at the next world cup however. He is massively tenacious and has the warrior spirit. His self belief, drive, ambition, toughness athleticism, power, endurance and ticker makes him truly admirable.........even to a bitter wallaby supporter that hasn't seen a Bledisloe trophy for 10 years or a RWC for 13 years

McCaw is a champion player and a champion leader. What impresses me most is his humility despite his amazing personal ability and accomplishments. He stays humble and hungry. He expects the perfect performance at every outing. Mccaw is an outstanding sportsman and an outstanding ambassador for NZ. He is a truly remarkable rugby player.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
.....snip....
McCaw is a champion player and a champion leader. What impresses me most is his humility despite his amazing personal ability and accomplishments. He stays humble and hungry. He expects the perfect performance at every outing. Mccaw is an outstanding sportsman and an outstanding ambassador for NZ. He is a truly remarkable rugby player.

Well said Waylon, however you have overlooked a massive character flaw in Sir Richie GOAT.

What is this flaw you may well ask? He is not a bloody Wallaby!

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
The order will go out. The production line will turn out some mean mutha farkers

Is Kaino just out injured? He'll be back for the neck Rugby Championship yes?

With 100 kiwis a week heading over the dutch, we will have an all islander wallaby pack in no time

We need to get rid of the toffs from Sydney GPS schools and replace them with some massively mean units from Inala

The "massively mean units from Inala" will all be signed by NRL clubs by the time they are 14. The only apparent alternative path is for them to be offered scholarships at GPS and other private schools. Do you have any better suggestions?

Disclaimer: I am a state school boy, and proud of it. However, I am also a realist.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
Is Kaino just out injured? He'll be back for the next Rugby Championship yes?

No and no. He took a 2 year contract in Japan and cannot play for NZ until his contract is completed.

He will be able to play most of the 2014 Super season and become eligible then, but he will be 31 years old by that time.

A pity: it took him a while but he was becoming a world class player when he signed to play in Japan.

T

tranquility

A pity: it took him a while but he was becoming a world class player when he signed to play in Japan.

I think he was well and truly there my friend, and if he wasn't Dave Dennis / Higgers have a way to go.

W

Waylon

No and no. He took a 2 year contract in Japan and cannot play for NZ until his contract is completed.

He will be able to play most of the 2014 Super season and become eligible then, but he will be 31 years old by that time.

Yes, strange to "retire" now to Japan. A few wallabies won't be missing him

Status
Not open for further replies.