• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Fantasy Rugby Draft 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
DMac was ranked 8th because of him move to flyhalf. I was still happy to grab him with second pick, expecting him to still spend some time at the back in a few games, or even in defense.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
He'll probably end up playing at fullback a bunch, but you'll still have him in your team as fly-half meaning you'll effectively be playing with 4 outside backs. Defo an advantage.

Jimmy_Crouch

Ken Catchpole (46)
I've got a heap of guys with injuries. Waiting to find some good data on them. Happy with Vaea Fifita as lock. Was keen to get Tuttle (due to the goal kicking) and last night he kicked when Lance was on the field (that is also a mark against Lance in my book for fantasy) so well done whomever got him tuttle.

Sunwolves seem to have 100s of pretty decent flankers so we need to see which way Joseph will go.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
If you look at Matchup you can see who won on the weekend, which you did with 4.5 points :). The table will update tomorrow.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
How I won that round I'll never know.

Well I guess I will..

Kwagga Smith won it for me. He got 23.2 of my 29 points

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
I strategically picked up a few Sharks and Stormers players in my last few spots to sneak a win. I must say it's a bit confusing having another team named "The Jets" while I'm "Thorn'n m'side".

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
I feel like i'm missing some critical info. I picked up BBarrett and A. Smith on frees?

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
I feel like i'm missing some critical info. I picked up BBarrett and A. Smith on frees?

Barrett is on the bench but Smith is in the starting side. Maybe people avoided them because they thought they would be wrapped in cotton wool and get limited game time.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member

I saw someone dropped Barrett and went to pounce but you beat me to it. Not good use of the bench. You'll be hard to beat with Barrett and Folau

GunnerDownUnder

Jim Clark (26)
Canes play in SA, then Arg, then Crusaders and Highlanders with a bye week.
Got Debreczini, Rebels play Reds, Sunwolves, Ponies and Tahs, then Sharks at home.

Plus he's a Pirate!

John S

Desmond Connor (43)
Thought I'd take a punt on Cusack (thought I'd swap out a loosie) will be interesting to see how it goes.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Canes play in SA, then Arg, then Crusaders and Highlanders with a bye week.
Got Debreczini, Rebels play Reds, Sunwolves, Ponies and Tahs, then Sharks at home.

Plus he's a Pirate!

He was poor against the Reds, i wouldn't be surprised if he's dropped.

Jimmy_Crouch

Ken Catchpole (46)
He was poor against the Reds, i wouldn't be surprised if he's dropped.

He was terrible and I have read elsewhere that he had a pretty good game. I can only guess that the people writing that only saw the score sheet and didn't actually watch the game.

I always find it funny how some players score so well in fantasy but are actually very poor. SBW use to rack up the offload points like they were going out of fashion but half the time they were hitting the deck or the guy catching them would get belted.

Jimmy_Crouch

Ken Catchpole (46)
Thought I'd take a punt on Cusack (thought I'd swap out a loosie) will be interesting to see how it goes.

Cusack had a great game. I think he will only get better however Im not sure it will translate into fantasy points. No extra point for hard meters up the middle or bulk quality clean outs.

Status
Not open for further replies.