• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Fantasy Rugby World Cup

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
I just joined and selected my team. Truly earning its “fantasy” tag. Choosing my team felt just decadent and indulgent. A backline of Faf, BB, May, Tuilaga, Davies, Radradra and Hogg.

Tex

John Thornett (49)
  1. Join Super Bru
  2. Click on "Pools"
  3. "Join pool"
  4. Green and Gold Rugby.
Three of us in the comp so far.
Maybe we should work out a prize for the winner and a punishment for the loser?

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
already stuffed mine up by picking Sevu Reece then the machine biffs him in at fullback. WHY is Beaudy only listed at 1st 5? MORANS.

Think my reserve kicker might be Tameifuna. Get practicing, fatty.

The worst part is having to pick not just one foreigner but TWELVE of the freaks.

I even picked an ENGLANDER.

Sickener.

John S

Desmond Connor (43)
already stuffed mine up by picking Sevu Reece then the machine biffs him in at fullback. WHY is Beaudy only listed at 1st 5? MORANS.

Think my reserve kicker might be Tameifuna. Get practicing, fatty.

The worst part is having to pick not just one foreigner but TWELVE of the freaks.

I even picked an ENGLANDER.

Sickener.

I've even resorted to picking a Frog........

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
I'm not quite sure how this will work. I wonder how many trades you get after round 1, also interestingly a few teams play twice in "Round 1", like Fiji. Might be useful having a Radradra in there.

John S

Desmond Connor (43)
I'm not quite sure how this will work. I wonder how many trades you get after round 1, also interestingly a few teams play twice in "Round 1", like Fiji. Might be useful having a Radradra in there.

You get 6 transfers, and 3 players from each team from today for each of the pool matches;
You get 8 transfers, and 6 players from each team for the quarter/semiss; and
You get 8 transfers, and unlimited players for the final.

Tex

John Thornett (49)
A few good team names coming up. Shout out to:

Pitcairns Burn Clinic 8th XV.

Tex

John Thornett (49)
We currently have:

Jack’s Kicking Rockets
Shadjr’s Illustrious Idiots
Jason.vassiley’s Kind Tigers
Dctarget’s Titanic Sergeants
OzWales
Shaker1989’s Cheerful Termites
Twoilms
Tex’s Illustrious Hawks
Pitcairns Burn Clinic 8th XV
Mr_plow’s Determined Albatrosses.

I’m guessing kick-off in the Japan v Russia match is the cut off so get a team in before then.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
ffs, jammy Tex and his Israel Folau's All Man Massage XV picked Matsushima and has already won the whole bloody thing. Great world cup guys, #4_more_years
elsLER5LKFLNB6eq5utnItKsSfLcVLtpMqmFkTlF9Sk14HUFNeLDxRpVav6xymT76Xclfkqt66P_dGGExqFhikIqIhEDln6fPq63O0fIYwe4rHhwBggP_5HYLxT9ugFQqz6y8_2RSUUwxutpGbrgyyIFE7_6Awi6NdDzWxdhYk0RWHTRyAretLAGN3Sd8C0Sbd7b-QVSBcP3cpeysrSDLKDTqWCpZzXUFjhG3EsOTTps1oy9W86ixj8P4m-CK_6gddC_VCftucw6K_Ldz6gqXw3gD5RwrxgnhBap5aBSVhS9SlRNt1BJ9QhTq5nXdiVnQksFWlmJoA8ubIDvQe6xh8JTnMD74_6xkN9p6j3ObTU6VuL67-A6Jm00TgdBFdFrAjnXeCQ7y8haprZbnLgVZBwwMk6tKmqHyOvpTioF8vGcuR263RouGVbAXUoxcLB5U1T72Cl9p9MTiURdR3W78D0Vw3hJYpLhPlEchzH9Hos1VNzDxK8fw3uuZSo6koAxRFRydmL6A2Z2vrYTgzg38sep5X8MOlKNslbXmm1mmLDY78BUEdfCAXvef7QCwJOfVe5scNRygtwe7L36PdnsE1MUK0IwoRFO_Vp7533mgZ7PM-qLF6_NVPKUTgO-CBbtWN1q1QpmX4V8Ty6jqZA7zoFYR2kD8e_Hh2AvDc4tYCD5gxRgVZ-74KA=w300-h221-no

Tex

John Thornett (49)
FUCKERS FUCKERS FUCKERS!

Round one is done and dusted and a clear gulf in nous has been established. At the top of the field is Jack (identify yourself!) with a pretty strong 231 points, chased closely by Brazzer with 228.50.

Big scorers were Matsushima with a hat trick, Kerevi as captain and Koroibete.

Laggards shadjr, jason.vassiley and Dismal Pillock need to up their game and start hunting 2nd tier Russian and Nambian fliers to up the ante and drag themselves back into contention.

Big scoring games ahead for Italy, England and South Africa.

The ladder:
  1. Jack's Kicking Rockets
  2. Brazzer's Poorly Penguins
  3. dctarget's Titanic Sergeants
  4. asuther1's Supreme Flippers
  5. Israel Folau's All Man Massage XV
  6. Twoilms
  7. The Cheerful Termites
  8. trappa's Vivacious Moles
  9. Rugby All Stars
  10. OzWales
  11. JeremyC's Unbeatable Hornets
  12. JBarteles's Bright Starlings
  13. Chunky's Immense Jewels
  14. Mr Plow's Denver Broncos
  15. Pitcairns Burn Clinic 8th XV
  16. jason.vassiley's Kind Tigers
  17. shadjr's Illustrious Idiots
Edit: formatting that table was enough to turn a man to drink.

John S

Desmond Connor (43)
Well that's a bugger. And nearly half my squad not playing, or teams not announced yet......

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Looking into commissioning a FULL PUBLIC ENQUIRY as to the abject failure of my carefully researched and scouted selections. full disclosure time: didnt read the fine print and had no idea about all that "transfer" rubbish. Did my guys play? Were they on the bench?

One more thing: WHY is the player named Isaia Toeava unavailable for selection?

WHY?

#world_rugby_conspiracy

John S

Desmond Connor (43)
Don't worry, I'm banking on three players being picked, as I ran out of transfers, and those teams (Aus and Scroteland) haven't been announced yet