• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Fantasy Super Rugby 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

hench

Johnnie Wallace (23)
I hope the teams named aren't correct on this site.

Not sure how Franco Van Der Merwe will go up against Savea on the wing.

elementfreak

Trevor Allan (34)
Ok, I have 1 transfer left and I am tossing up where to us it.

Either the centres and get rid of Steyn for Fruen, or the outside backs and get rid of Mvovo for Piatau. I might need to flip a coin later.

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Any glaring mistakes. Bearing in mind that I can still tfr off my bench but not into the team...

Maybe reconsider your captain? Backs seemed to score a bit better last weekend.

And then for next week I'd be checking out Jacques Du Plessis to see if scored well again. He's listed as a lock but isn't playing lock.

And should have only ever had 4 transfer chiraag.

HSM

Allen Oxlade (6)
My FoxSports team:

Sio/Faumuina (Caylib Oosthuizen)
Strauss (Horie)
Retallick/Bird (F. van der Merwe)
L. Braid/P. van der Walt/Vermeulen (Whiteley)
Reinach (Ellis)
Cooper (Goosen)
F. Sailli/Jordaan (Kuridrani)
B. Smith/Mvovo/Folau (C. Botha)

I'm sitting at 5th in the GAGR, but last week means very little because there was so little variety. I'm interested to see what approach people take with a full weekend of games. Judging from the Teams Selected %, teams are still pretty Saffer-heavy, but the amount of people who don't bother to change their lineup probably distorts that statistic. Good luck to all.

hench

Johnnie Wallace (23)
My fox team

Coenie , Slipper
Moore (c)
Retallick , Van der Merwe
Braid , Labuschagne , Coetzee
Hougaard
Quade
De Villiers, Serfontain
Folau , Smith , AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper)

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
The guy who leads the ARU comp after the first has opted for an interesting strategy for week 2.

http://fantasy.rugby.com.au/team.aspx?page=view&id=3000397

He's put 3 Rebels out there despite them having the bye and then picked 2 bench players in each position that he's got a Rebel in. So, in theory he should pick up the "Emergency Points" for whichever bench player in each position scores highest.

Cheeky but not sure if it will be enough to keep him on top.

Chiefton

Herbert Moran (7)
Shocking start personally.
Had Bleyendaal at starting FH leaving 15 points on the field in the first half and Dom Bird as my Lock getting put in the bin.

Whoever's playing me better hope they run well after the jump i've given them ;)

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
Shocking start personally.
Had Bleyendaal at starting FH leaving 15 points on the field in the first half and Dom Bird as my Lock getting put in the bin.

Whoever's playing me better hope they run well after the jump i've given them ;)

I'm not having the best of starts either after forgetting the Sharks had the bye I've accidentally left 4 of them in my starting team for this round so guaranteed no points for those players. Now if that's not giving everyone else a jump start against me I don't know what is.

The sheer horror that is "Bleyendaal's goal kicking performance" thus far is certainly worse than anything fantasy rugby could do to me though. Just :eek:
When he goes for another kick I'm just going to stare down at my PS Vita.

Chiefton

Herbert Moran (7)
I'm not having the best of starts either after forgetting the Sharks had the bye I've accidentally left 4 of them in my starting team for this round so guaranteed no points for those players. Now if that's not giving everyone else a jump start against me I don't know what is.

The sheer horror that is "Bleyendaal's goal kicking performance" thus far is certainly worse than anything fantasy rugby could do to me though. Just :eek:
When he goes for another kick I'm just going to stare down at my PS Vita.

Sharks have the Canes on Sunday morning do they not?

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
Checked the ARU comp and I was excited when I noticed how many points all my Cheetahs players had. Then noticed the Sharks and Lions also have points. So it appears to just give a running total and I can't see where to get points per round. If I am not missing something obvious this will make it very hard to keep track of form players.

HSM

Allen Oxlade (6)
Pretty frustrated with myself for leaving Whiteley on the bench, but I don't think anyone saw the Lions playing this well.

Bairdy

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Pretty frustrated with myself for leaving Whiteley on the bench, but I don't think anyone saw the Lions playing this well.
You think you have it bad.
Try forgetting to play Rob Simmons over Mark Abott, Phillip van der Walt over Boom Prinsloo, and Israel Folau over anyone!!

Not to mention Slipper outscored Beast, and Coltman outscored BdP

HSM

Allen Oxlade (6)
No I can't have any complaints, just hate leaving points on the bench. Wouldn't you expect Slipper to outscore Beast in general? Or do you mean you liked the Sharks-Hurricanes matchup in particular?

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Going to need to consider trades fairly carefully this week with the Tahs, Chiefs and Highlanders all out of action in week 4.

Bit of a shame as plenty of them scored well in the ARU comp.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Going to need to consider trades fairly carefully this week with the Tahs, Chiefs and Highlanders all out of action in week 4.

Jesus wept. Shouldn't be too much of a problem. I'm still stuck with way too many South Africans for my liking, from the first round.

Status
Not open for further replies.