• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Fantasy Super Rugby 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

HSM

Allen Oxlade (6)
Looks like when Franco VdM and Whiteley's tackles are added in I'll avoid the shame of not breaking 300, but what a dreadful week. Quade at -8 didn't help. Only down to 9th in the GAGR though, doesn't look like anyone scored huge.

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
Good move up this week .....18th in GAGR up from about 30-something last week and 50-odd the week before. Did Schalk Burger play at all?

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
My three 'special' inclusions netted a grand total of four points between them.

Back to the drawing board...

Phil

Chris McKivat (8)
My pet subject - why do halfbacks perform so poorly? - highlighted again.I am in Fox Fantasy and had Phipps,who most thought had an excellent game.How many points? -1!

namtrak

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Like Icarus I have burnt brightly and crashed and burned. From 1st in GGR and 77th overall to 14th in GGR and 889th overall. I knew it was gonna be bad, but this is a catastrophe

Bairdy

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Good move up this week ...18th in GAGR up from about 30-something last week and 50-odd the week before. Did Schalk Burger play at all?
If I recall from watching that match, the Saffer commentators said he was a late withdrawal due to injuring his ankle (?) in the Captain's run. Straight switch with Deon Fourie to the bench.

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
Cool cool....I had Jaco Kriel on the bench so I think he scored 20-odd points....not too bad :)

edit: just checked - 23 points so 404 points for the round - 1 more than last week so I'm on the improve...LOL. Up to 12th in GAGR

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
My pet subject - why do halfbacks perform so poorly? - highlighted again.I am in Fox Fantasy and had Phipps,who most thought had an excellent game.How many points? -1!

LOL...I had Phipps too....yep - I reckon they are the hardest position to get a consistent good scorer in. Their scores can swing pretty wildly e.g..

Aaron Smith - last week: 28, this week: -4
Phipps - last week: 23, this week: -1
Nic White - last week: -1, this week: 21

I'll take someone who I can trust to get me 15-20 points per week at the moment.

Nusadan

Chilla Wilson (44)
You'd all be better off having a half back who's on the bench at each game
that's in no danger of getting negative points half of the time!

suckerforred

Chilla Wilson (44)
I will do you all a deal....... Who ever invites me to be part of the Corp box I will tell you each week who I am dropping, who I am benching and who I am making captain.

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
OK...this week's team. The teams on bye stuffed me up a bit but what can you do....was tempted to use the wildcard but held off.....

Screen Shot 2014-03-06 at 10.26.25 pm.png

Bairdy

Peter Fenwicke (45)
This is probably going to be my lineup for this round:

Bairdy Bunch - Fantasy Rugby, Rd 4 Lineup.JPG

I haven't confirmed the changes yet, as I undid some transfers I made earlier in the week.

• Prop: Coenie Oosthuizen is out for like 2 months for doing his neck while headbutting Tamati, and James Slipper is on the bench, so was going to transfer in either Steven Kitshoff or Pek Cowan. Considered both as James hasn't scored too well, but the Beast's consistency convinced me not to take the gamble.
  • Second row: The leftover optional transfer after I plugged the holes in my lineup due to injuries, poor form etc. Patrick Tuipulotu is a damn good buy for a high scoring, cheap lock.
  • Outside backs: Jason Woodward for the poor scoring of Nafi Tuitavake, and Charles for Willie le Roux.
Had considered using one of my transfers on a starting scrumhalf, but Ellis and Heinz are almost always playing a half of rugby each. Likewise for flyhalf, but the only real option to transfer in is Aaron Cruden.

Any critiques are welcome :)

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
looks pretty good to me....when I get a chance I'd like to get Tuipulotu in my team as well.

I reckon QC (Quade Cooper) is over-priced though. I think he's mire prone to have poor scoring games than he has in past years because the team around him, Genia in particular, aren't going as well.

Just my 2cents...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bairdy

Peter Fenwicke (45)
looks pretty good to me..when I get a chance I'd like to get Tuipulotu in my team as well.

I reckon QC (Quade Cooper) is over-priced though. I think he's mire prone to have poor scoring games than he has in past years because the team around him, Genia in particular, aren't going as well.

Just my 2cents.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Agreed, but the next best scoring, at least according to ppg and form, is Beale, Lambie, Boshoff, Foley, and Cruden, 3 of which have byes, and the other two are inconsistent. I probably could transfer in Lambie, but I'd rather just wait until next round to bring in Beale or Cruden.

And I have a sneaking suspiscion that Cooper might score well at home.

suckerforred

Chilla Wilson (44)
So to give you all a heads up if you have not finalised your transfers.

R1
I have transfered out Deon Fourie for Cory Flynn so expect the Crusaders front row to be owned by the Stormers.
I have also rid myself of Coenie but transfered in Hames from the Higlanders so all other front rowers are safe.

R2
I have dropped Anton Bresler. So expect him to score 5 tries, run 400m and make 95 tackles.
Haven't bought in a replacement second rower so you are otherwise safe there.

R3
Have dropped Derick Minnie (not named so no danger of him scoring...... but will most likely be a last minute injury sub & will have a blinder) for Scott Higgers. Not saying that you should drop Scotty but perhaps finding someone else for the Capt's arm band might be a prudent move.

Backs
Have picked up Tom English. My two bench players are on their byes so expect Tom, Piutau, le Roux, Visser & Botha to break legs between now and their respective kick offs. I have also named Tom Captain so the risk for him is doubled

Half Backs & Fly Halves are unchanged except for on & off bench transfers so you should all be pretty safe there.

Thanks me latter....

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
Going OK so far in the G&GR fantasy comp, but can I just say how terrible I find the UI on the site? It's nowhere near as intuitive as the Foxsport or the SuperBru application. I hope the ARU are prepared to take some feedback from the punters on this one.

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
Injury crisis in my back row this week, had Poey and Richie to transfer out. Let alone covering Jones being benched and Izzy having the bye. Have made it work but not confident at all.

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Here's the ARU comp player stats chucked into Excel with a Points per Game column added on to the end for those who haven't made their trades yet.

Attachments

• ARU Super Rugby Rd3.xlsx
    60.1 KB · Views: 214
Status
Not open for further replies.