• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Fantasy Super Rugby 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
Two big calls to make.

Le Roux vs Woodward
- leaning to le Roux as the game is more likely to be open.

Coetzee vs van der Walt
- both a good chance for a big week, Sharks are going to be trying there best to run over the Reds all game.

Bairdy

Peter Fenwicke (45)
@ Bairdy
Isn't Paul Jordaan injured?
Yeah, but I had planned to use Fekitoa and Crotty this week, and use my centre transfer next week for the Saders bye (that is, if Jordaan isn't injured).

I was probably going to transfer in Jacques Louis Potgieter or Tamati Ellison though, had it not been for the constraints.

Bairdy

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Two big calls to make.

Le Roux vs Woodward
- leaning to le Roux as the game is more likely to be open.

Coetzee vs van der Walt
- both a good chance for a big week, Sharks are going to be trying there best to run over the Reds all game.
You'd probably be better off taking advice from someone who isn't ranked 5000 or thereabouts, but here's my humble opinion:

• If the game in Wellington is to be expected, it could descend into broken play like the Reds game. Whether or not Le Roux has a blinder or a shocker would depend on how well the Hurricanes defend I guess? With Woodward, you would think he wont have a shocker two weeks in a row; at home, with the Rebels being given a rocket up the backsides by Tony.
  • If the Sharks forwards outplay the Reds pack, Coetzee will probably be at the forefront, scoring well off the back of tackles made and runs. He has been inconsistent with one or two high scores and some lowly scores, though. Phillip van der Walt is a consistent scorer, but his match scores would suggest his form is down.
Hope my unqualified, fantasy rugby dribble helped!

Also, for those who are playing in the ARU comp, here is a spreadshirt of all positions for round 5, with a points per game column added. Enjoy!

Attachments

• ARU Super Rugby Fantasy Comp Round 5.xlsx
    69.5 KB · Views: 272

HSM

Allen Oxlade (6)
Thoughts on my transfers for this week?

View attachment 4502

• Hames in for Slipper
  • Braid for Prinsloo
  • Perenara for Pulu
Will probably start all three new transfers.

You may know both of these things already, but 1) Jordaan is out for a month, so will miss at least the next 3 games, as the Sharks have a bye in 3 weeks' time. 2) The Cheetahs and Lions both have the bye in 2 weeks' time, and you have 3 such players in your back row, although at least you got rid of Prinsloo

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
I get two nice gold bars about 1cm wide across the whole screen. These are inconveniently over the sign in button, main menu and confirm transfers button.
OK I have to confess that I have actually been playing in the ARU comp, not the Fox one! Seems both have their issues. I am also in a private comp on SuperBru and it has been faultless so far....

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
I missed the first round and signed up about 15 minutes before the second..didn't have time to pick my team to standards so did an autopick and have gradually been tinkering with it each round, have now crept up to about middle of the ladder in the GAGR comp..

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
Here's my team for the week. Any thoughts?

image.jpg

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Pretty pleased with myself - Nabbed Benji Marshall in a bit of smokey at the start of fantasy draft, kept him on my bench in hope he'd actually start for four rounds. And the gamble came off after this weekend, with him scoring 36 points, basically only reason I won my clash this weekend, Cheers Benji!
On a side note, interesting scoring system in Fantasy Draft, compared to foxsports. obviously in draft, backs score a lot higher as Benji scored 57 in foxsports then 36 in draft, compared to Ben McCalman scoring 54 in draft, then only 12 in draft. Foxsports scoring is explained, but I can't find an explanation for the draft system.. Care to help anybody?

Chiefton

Herbert Moran (7)
Pretty pleased with myself - Nabbed Benji Marshall in a bit of smokey at the start of fantasy draft, kept him on my bench in hope he'd actually start for four rounds. And the gamble came off after this weekend, with him scoring 36 points, basically only reason I won my clash this weekend, Cheers Benji!
On a side note, interesting scoring system in Fantasy Draft, compared to foxsports. obviously in draft, backs score a lot higher as Benji scored 57 in foxsports then 36 in draft, compared to Ben McCalman scoring 54 in draft, then only 12 in draft. Foxsports scoring is explained, but I can't find an explanation for the draft system.. Care to help anybody?

I must have played you this weekend then. Pretty annoyed at myself as I left plenty of points on the Bench.

The scoring breakdown for the Draft League is covered in the How to Play tab on the site's home page.

HSM

Allen Oxlade (6)
Here's my team this week..thoughts?

View attachment 4532

Looks pretty solid to me mate, we've got a fair few overlaps. Had a dreadful 273 last week which dropped me down to 21st in the GAGR, hopefully this lot will do a bit better:

Toomaga-Allen/Hames (Fat Cat)
Strauss (Coltman)
Wykes/Retallick (F. van der Merwe)
Whiteley/Braid (c)/Vermeulen (Palu)
Burgess (Reinach)
Cooper (Goosen)
Fekitoa/Ellison (Kuridrani)
Coleman/Folau/Mvovo (Woodward)

namtrak

Johnnie Wallace (23)
I think Braid as captain could be a good call for something different. I like Blues and Brumbies as outside backs this week. MMM playing at No.6 but listed as lock

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
I think Braid as captain could be a good call for something different. I like Blues and Brumbies as outside backs this week. MMM playing at No.6 but listed as lock

Mite have to re-jig the team then. I always like taking that extra loosie...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
Looks pretty solid to me mate, we've got a fair few overlaps. Had a dreadful 273 last week which dropped me down to 21st in the GAGR, hopefully this lot will do a bit better:

Toomaga-Allen/Hames (Fat Cat)
Strauss (Coltman)
Wykes/Retallick (F. van der Merwe)
Whiteley/Braid (c)/Vermeulen (Palu)
Burgess (Reinach)
Cooper (Goosen)
Fekitoa/Ellison (Kuridrani)
Coleman/Folau/Mvovo (Woodward)

yeah....last week was pretty crap for me too....331 points i think....fortunately I kept my spot on GAGR at 7th so I think a few people had a poor week....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

suckerforred

Chilla Wilson (44)
OK. Here is your warning for the week.

Backs
I have transfered out Jurgen Visser (Bulls) and Chrysander Botha (Lions) replacing them with Frank Halai (Blues) and Malakai Fekitoa (Highlanders).

Despite not being named in the team I expect Botha to be amoungst to top scorers for the round.

Half Back
I have dropped Aaron Smith (Highlanders) to the bench and brought in Kerr-Barlow (Chiefs) to replace Reinach (Sharks).

Smith & Reinach will therefore have blinders & TKB will most likely break his leg in the first 30 mins.

Front Row & Second Row
Injury & a bye has forced me to transfer out Cory Flynn (Crusaders) and since there are 2 reasons for him not playing I guess (hope) he will not out score my remaining Front rowers.

Brought in Jacques Du Plessis (Bulls) and have sat Flip (Bulls) on the bench. I will allow you to guess which of those is going to have the best of their game......

So, that just beings me to the poison challice that is the captains arm band. I am currently tossing up between Izzy Folau and Philip van der Walt......... What you think I am going to make it really easy for you?

namtrak

Johnnie Wallace (23)
My 2 decisions this week are

Messam v Higginbotham
Mogg v Mvovo

Thoughts?

Already running with Potgeier in the centres and MMM at Lock as my 2 POD players.

Status
Not open for further replies.