• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Fantasy Super Rugby 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Micheal

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Ok and no Coles starting either!

Pricks.

I had to get Creevy and Cooper in.

Pretty comfortable with Creevy against the Sunwolves.

Cooper not so sure - if Foley gets the all-clear he could usurp him for the 10 jersey in the 'Indoor Kites'.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Pricks.

I had to get Creevy and Cooper in.

Pretty comfortable with Creevy against the Sunwolves.

Cooper not so sure - if Foley gets the all-clear he could usurp him for the 10 jersey in the 'Indoor Kites'.

Yep Micheal, I replaced Coles with Creevy, Toomaga-Allen for Goodes and as it freed up a couple of $s swapped Duffie for Toni Pulu

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
Particularly for the first round, choices have been exceptionally difficult. The Thursday start-up makes it especially difficult, because about half the teams (most Saffer teams) haven't even been announced! Although Fox now allows you to make changes after the start of the first game, it still means you can't pick from those teams if your first choice saffer gets rested and you only find out about it after the game has started. As of midnight last night the Kings team still hadn't been posted; though its an adventurous player who wants to pick any of them.

I'd expected both Coles and Ralapelle to start and both of them coming off the bench meant I had to dive in at the last minute and get a replacement starter. Likewise, Hernandez not getting a gig and du Preez on the bench left me horribly short at fly half. Come on down Otere Black (its only the Sunwolves after all, surely the Canes can't start two seasons in a row getting thrashed!) I'll replace him next week when the form is more apparent.

It should all settle down after week 1 or 2, when our teams get more stabilised and there are some stats to inform our choices, but I have spent way too long chopping and changing this week to get an outcome.

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
Kerevi is my captain.
A Savea is VC.

Anyone looking for advice may feel free to PM me with a suitable gift for my expert opinion.

Disclosure: past performance is no indication of future performance.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
Kerevi is my captain.
A Savea is VC.

Anyone looking for advice may feel free to PM me with a suitable gift for my expert opinion.

Disclosure: past performance is no indication of future performance.

I think you got that wrong. Ardie is tearing it up at the Sunwolves.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
Well that was a strange round one for me. When you've got McKenzie, Folau, Kriel and Hooper and together they total 51 points its pretty weird. Usually several of them get more than 50 on their own! After the first game and Reiko Ioane's heroics I thought I was off to a great start; but no - middle of the pack as usual.

Simon.

Bob Loudon (25)
Yeah, I had McKenzie, Bin Smuth and Hooper and they got 29 points between them. My first ever time playing, and three of my team got yellow cards - Hunt, Kepu and Faf. On top of that I'm discovering the frustration that comes when your bench players score 30-40 while your starters score bugger all. In Faf's case, -11! He's off the team after that crap, I don't care how little money he trades for.

I don't like this game any more. :p Luckily I had Ardie to save me from total embarrassment.

Marcelo

Ken Catchpole (46)
Well that was a strange round one for me. When you've got McKenzie, Folau, Kriel and Hooper and together they total 51 points its pretty weird. Usually several of them get more than 50 on their own! After the first game and Reiko Ioane's heroics I thought I was off to a great start; but no - middle of the pack as usual.

That's common! It's Fantasy! Not the real life. A player can play at a high level and score few points in Fantasy

Simon.

Bob Loudon (25)
A player can play at a high level and score few points in Fantasy

And vice versa, as shown by Frisby's haul of 28. One of the top scoring scrum halves of the round.

TheKing

Colin Windon (37)
Four starters in the single digits for me, but Brodie Rettalick's score really grinds my gears.

According to Foxsports' stats, Rettalick scored 9 points.

According to the NZ Herald stats site, he should have scored 40!

FoxSports are apparently of the belief that Creevy, Etzebeth and Rettalick made a combined total of zero tackles over the weekend. Surely these stats aren't finalised yet?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-02-27 at 1.16.05 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-02-27 at 1.16.05 PM.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 194

Simon.

Bob Loudon (25)
Yeah the Fox stats are a shambles. I am hoping the reason they haven't ended the lockout yet is because they're reviewing them.

I compared them to the SMH and NZH stats and they are ridiculous. A few examples from my own team:

- Creevy no tackles vs SMH 6
- Faf no runs and no tackles vs SMH 2 and 3 respectively, and my own eyes which saw him make tackles
- Mostert no tackles despite being on the park for 80 minutes, also they missed a lineout steal (off camera but the commentary said it). SMH says 8 tackles
- Mo'unga 6 runs and no tackles vs SMH 13 and 7

In total Fox has the Lions making 35 tackles in the entire match, vs SMH 79. I assume it's because Fox is trying to update the stats in near real time so they're missing a lot. Because there is no way the Lions only made 35 tackles in 80 minutes.

Simon.

Bob Loudon (25)
They just fixed the points. Looks much more respectable now - my score went from 240 to 405. Stats still not fixed though and lockout not lifted, but shouldn't be far away.

Guys like Hooper, McKenzie, Creevy etc look far more like what they should be, and Frisby got smacked from 28 down to 13.

Faf goes from -11 to +2, but he's still binned. Costing that much for so little return on investment, who does he think he is? JOC (James O'Connor)?!

Mr Wobbly

Alan Cameron (40)
If previous years are anything to go by, Foxsports update the stats (mainly the tackle stats) on Tuesdays. You can't really take anything from your score till the lockout ends - that's when you see the final number for the round.

Simon.

Bob Loudon (25)
Yeah that's what I figured. It's odd that the other sites can manage to maintain accurate stats the evening of the game but Fox can't.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
Says Kepu got 0 for me.

That number looks exceedingly dodgy until you remember he got a yellow card for a team infringments (maul collapse). That got him minuses for penalty conceded and yellow card.

I doubt Folau has ever scored 3 after 80 minutes, that is just totally weird. Worse still he was my captain. :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.