• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Fijian Drua 2022

Wilson

David Codey (61)
I assume this means the squad members won't be playing club footy in the weeks they're not selected. I wonder how they'll manage match fitness for those players.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
They'll attract a large Fijian community and a few locals. Might be worth considering Pizzey Park or another smaller ground if possible.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Considering the facilities at Lennox Head are owned by the NSW Govt I suspect this will be part of a larger deal to have the Drua play a number of games at NSW stadiums rather the Gold Coast

yeah, but that would be a logistical nightmare. What's the closest quality stadium in NSW from there? Coffs Harbour?

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Also, you have to consider the other team. GC makes the most sense, teams can stay at Sanctuary Cove or Royal Pines and have all the facilities they require. When you also add it's easy to fly into it has to be the best outcome.

Wilson

David Codey (61)
No announcement on which stadium the Drua will play their home games from yet, but according to the official super rugby site it looks like they're set to play at least a few of them in Fiji:

In 2022 due to ongoing pandemic issues Fijian Drua will play a limited number of matches in Fiji and will be based in New South Wales, while Moana Pasifika will play all its home matches in Auckland where they will be based. It is hoped that in the future many more matches will be played in the Pacific Islands.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Drua jersey design
20DD0F8C-6C0D-494B-9C66-75A4AABA0205.jpeg

Last edited:

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Back of the jersey. ‘Pacific Aus Sports’ is the Australian Government funding as part of DFAT
3CE5C56F-0E89-4F4D-9F4E-FD7D35918D61.jpeg

Jimmy_Crouch

Ken Catchpole (46)
Would have preferred a colour other then blue, too many Super Rugby teams already have blue as their primary colour
Yeah, 7 of the 12 teams. (Tahs, Rebs, Force, Blues, Highlanders, Drua and Moana Pasifika). The Brumbies even have a fair bit of blue.

This is what happens when marketing gets involved. Blue jerseys sell.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Yeah, 7 of the 12 teams. (Tahs, Rebs, Force, Blues, Highlanders, Drua and Moana Pasifika). The Brumbies even have a fair bit of blue.

This is what happens when marketing gets involved. Blue jerseys sell.

I’d be interested if this is just pathway dependency these days, the safe option is to assume blue sells more.

look at the amount of BBL merch you see, and they’re all vibrant colours you wouldn’t think would sell.