• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

First Junior Coaching Role.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schadenfreude

John Solomon (38)
I played with a kid who trained every session, and never got any game time. Sat on the sideline every week, never complained. I can't remember how he got on the field, but I remember the entire team refusing to sub him off.

exISA

Fred Wood (13)
Congrats on your first coaching role.

I too have undertaken my first coaching position this year, although mine is with a Senior First Grade subbies side.

Im getting accredited in a few weeks with my level 1 and 2 coaching quals. There is a plethora of information out there for tips, especially for coaching younger sides. I think what has already been aluded to here is to keep the training session fun for the kids. Adults are a different kettle of fish.

I would highly recommend the Bob Dwyer Coaching site (I found it when I first joined to G&G Rugby) . There is some great info on there not only on the coaching side of things but the psychological side as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.