• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Fitting SBW and Nonu into the AB team

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

What2040

Hopefully they both do not fit into the team - please !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Swarley

Bob Loudon (25)
9. Weepu
10. Carter
11. Gear
12. Nonu
13. SBW
14. Toeava
15. Muliaina
-------------------
20. Mathewson
21. Smith
22. Dagg
-------------------
R. Cowan
R. Cruden
R. Guildford/ Ranger
R. Sivivatu

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
I don't rate Fruean as yet, he gets caught out on defence at times, and no way will they have anyone but Conrad at 13, he is the steadying influence in backline. And cannot see Nonu and SBW together.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I don't rate Fruean as yet, he gets caught out on defence at times, and no way will they have anyone but Conrad at 13, he is the steadying influence in backline. And cannot see Nonu and SBW together.

lol I reckon. There's no chance in hell SBW and Nonu are playing together and Smith isn't the 13. Matthewson is about the 4th choice halfback too.

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
Cowan and Weepu will get picked, I can't see them being left out. Piri looked good when he played though whilst Cowan went downhill.

I thought Mathewson has been the best performed scrummies in NZ

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
Cowan and Weepu will get picked, I can't see them being left out. Piri looked good when he played though whilst Cowan went downhill.

I thought Mathewson has been the best performed scrummies in NZ

I think it will be Ellis and Weepu. I'm not an Ellis fan at all but I think Henry and Co. like him.....

Epi

Dave Cowper (27)
Matthewson is their best IMHO. Quickest runner and best service. I hope they leave him out....

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
Matthewson is their best IMHO. Quickest runner and best service. I hope they leave him out....

As a Blues fan, I'm also a Mathewson fan BUT he doesn't have a lot of international experience and with Ellis and Weepu ahead of him, I think he's fighting for the 3rd half-back spot.

Weepu is my 1st choice.

Richo

John Thornett (49)
As a Blues fan, I'm also a Mathewson fan BUT he doesn't have a lot of international experience and with Ellis and Weepu ahead of him, I think he's fighting for the 3rd half-back spot.

Weepu is my 1st choice.

Provide he loses that gut he's carrying, right?

B

Braveheart.

Wow, I am surprised Weepu is the first pick 9. I rate the Chiefs 9 (bald dude, cannot recall name).

Brendan Leonard?

Looking at your avartar you have a penchant for bald dudes... have you also got a man-crush for Sharpie? :fishing

Bon

Ward Prentice (10)
And then there is Cory jane and I believe Colin Slade will edge Cruden out.

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
Wow, I am surprised Weepu is the first pick 9. I rate the Chiefs 9 (bald dude, cannot recall name).

Leonard showed some real promise a couple of seasons back but injury has kinda held him back. I don't think he'll get back in the frame.

I've been a Weepu fan from pretty early in his Super Rugby career....I love how he doesn't seem to be rattled by anything and he has great strength. Even when it seems he's ben caught behind the ruck or from a kick chase etc, he's able to shrug off a tackler (or two) and get the ball away.

I think he'll have lost a few kgs come RWC time.....and I think he'll have a point to prove after being dropped for the last RWC.

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
In the backrow you'd think Liam Messam, Adam Thompson, Victor Vito, Matt Todd and the Braid brothers fighting it out for probably 3 spots behind Kaino, McCaw and Read

Mank

Ted Thorn (20)
IMO, this is not really the time to be shifting people around positions. It can work, but right now I think you'd want continuity over anything. SBW is more than just his offloading and should start at 12 for the ABs. Nonu should be benched. Play a 13 at 13 and wingers at wing.

But that's just a Bok supporters opinion, I'd be pretty glad if the ABs started shuffling people around right now.

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
The ABs are certainly in a good position in their mid-field when some great players like SBW, Nonu, Smith, Fruen will miss out on a starting spot.

I think SBW is very capable at both 12 and 13, Nonu and SBW midfield sounds very powerful to me! However I do rate Conrad Smith very highly but I haven't heard or seen too much from him this year. Can some-one fill me in on his form as i do believe the form of SBW and Fruen is pretty damn hard to ignore.

Reddy!

Bob Davidson (42)
If the All Blacks have learnt anything over the years it's that you don't experiment with you're 13 at the World Cup. Stick with Conrad - he has done the job in previous years, even though he hasn't been in superior form this year and there are more explosive options running around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom