• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Five Big Predictions 2015-2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
1. Samoan rugby to get a massive shake-up and make the 2019 RWC Final vs All Blacks.

2. Auckland Blues to make Super Rugby final in 2016, win it in 2017 and start the long-overdue Blues dynasty.

3. Pacific Island players to be allowed to play for their home countries after they have finished in Tier 1 teams.

4. RWC will have 3 'Pools of Death' in 2019.

5. The Bledisloe Cup to become a 'last try wins' affair so Australian children born after 2003 have a chance to celebrate a Bledisloe series win ;)

BDA

Peter Johnson (47)
1. England will beat World Champions and #1 ranked side Australia 2-1 next year.

I'm pretty torn by this prediction. As much as I want to see us win the world cup, I'm not sure I could stomach watching us lose our first home test series as world champions, to England of all teams, thus losing our no.1 world ranking and most of our self respect even before the Rugby Championship has begun.

I'll still take it though

BDA

Peter Johnson (47)
That's quite a prediction. What makes you say that?

I hope I'm wrong but he doesn't seems to be developing as fast as we might have hoped. From what I've seen, he spends most of his time on the bench for Qld Country. If the Reds don't sign him soon he might end up going elsewhere.

BaysideBird

Bill Watson (15)
I hope I'm wrong but he doesn't seems to be developing as fast as we might have hoped. From what I've seen, he spends most of his time on the bench for Qld Country. If the Reds don't sign him soon he might end up going elsewhere.

Yeah I can see that, especially if the Rebels and Force come a knocking.

Beer Baron

Phil Hardcastle (33)
The 18 yr old signed off youtube isnt playing 1st grade rep footy 6months after school? If he has a wise head he will realise that its ok to be behind other professionals. Iirc both country props have s15 exp.

Hopefully he is patient. Schoolboy scrums are a bit different to prems let alone the next step. The worst thing he could is go to rebels(or other) because he is promised a start or bench spot in the squad.

He needs 80mins week in week out.

BaysideBird

Bill Watson (15)
The 18 yr old signed off youtube isnt playing 1st grade rep footy 6months after school? If he has a wise head he will realise that its ok to be behind other professionals. Iirc both country props have s15 exp.

Hopefully he is patient. Schoolboy scrums are a bit different to prems let alone the next step. The worst thing he could is go to rebels(or other) because he is promised a start or bench spot in the squad.

He needs 80mins week in week out.

He's a prop. He won't get 80 minutes week in week out.

blindsider

Billy Sheehan (19)
1. People will still talk about the massive potential USA has for rugby. While the team still consistently under performs

2. Every NRC game will be shown on foxtel.

3. Reece Robinson will carve up the super rugby comp. in 2016 & 2017

4. Andrew Kelleway will tour with the wallabies within the next 2 years.

5. Wallaby scrums to improve even more & be outright #1 in the world.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
1. TPN will be first choice hooker for the Wobbs.

2. David Pocock will become captain.

3. Kyle Godwin will start at least one Test at 12.

4. Khunt will make the squad.

5. So will Jack D.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
One prediction from me is that we won't all be hanging around our computers hitting refresh every 10 seconds when the Wallabies are due to be announced before each test. Because the team will be the same each week! Barring the odd injury of course.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

southsider

Arch Winning (36)
1) jack D and strizeker to be first choice halves for wallabies by 2017

2) Argentina super team to make it out of the pool stages every year for the next 5 years

3) pockcock, hooper and McMahon will all be on the field at once for the wallabies

4) one of skeletons younger brothers to be signed to a aus franchise

5) kriel and de Allende become a good enough international pairing that they are likened to nonu and smith

Hell West & Crooked

Alex Ross (28)
1. Wallabies will win Bledisloe in 2016 - then hang onto it for the majority until 2020.
2. Cheika will remain as Coach for Japan 2020.
3. Japan Super Rugby will Stumble at first - and Singapore Matches will not last thru 2017.
4. South African Super Rugby Sides will fill bottom two places for at least two of next 3 years.
5. More Pain for Reds til at least 2018 - Tahs to take a title in same duration.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
1. Wallabies will win Bledisloe in 2016 - then hang onto it for the majority until 2020.
2. Cheika will remain as Coach for Japan 2020.
3. Japan Super Rugby will Stumble at first - and Singapore Matches will not last thru 2017.
4. South African Super Rugby Sides will fill bottom two places for at least two of next 3 years.
5. More Pain for Reds til at least 2018 - Tahs to take a title in same duration.

What about the Two Blues winning the Shute Shield?

blindsider

Billy Sheehan (19)
What about the Two Blues winning the Shute Shield?
e0c3c6579ff5e6d48eabd83fc8c0d205.jpg

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)
1. People will still talk about the massive potential USA has for rugby. While the team still consistently under performs

2. Every NRC game will be shown on foxtel.

3. Reece Robinson will carve up the super rugby comp. in 2016 & 2017

4. Andrew Kelleway will tour with the wallabies within the next 2 years.

5. Wallaby scrums to improve even more & be outright #1 in the world.

We'll see. There next gen are much, much better than those they will be replacing and they have a pro league in the works set for 2017. My prediction on the USA front is that they'll crack the top 10 in the next 5 years.

Omar Comin'

Chilla Wilson (44)
We'll see. There next gen are much, much better than those they will be replacing and they have a pro league in the works set for 2017. My prediction on the USA front is that they'll crack the top 10 in the next 5 years.

Hopefully that happens. But there's been talk about professional leagues starting in America for the last 5 or so years, probably more, and they keep getting pushed back and pushed back.

A super rugby franchise or two would probably be better for strengthening the national team than a fledgling semi-pro league. The latter may be better in the long term for increasing the popularity of the sport in America though. But it might not be. It could stay small scale for decades because it's not perceived as being high quality.

Relance

Herbert Moran (7)
1. The rules being tested in the NRC will be extended to Super Rugby in 2016, and to European competitions a year later.

2. Their effect on decision-making (teams favoring the LO instead of penalty kicks) will be offset by removing the 5-metre line and replacing it with a 10-metre line.

3. The "ball in play" time will increase substantially, both due to the new conventions on point scoring and because of a new WR (World Rugby) ruling asking referees to call time off between collapsed scrums and after a try is awarded.

4. The shape of the LO will change: the blindside winger will throw in place of the hooker when near the opposite goal line, adding unpredictability and initial strength for the rolling maul.

5. Provided that WR (World Rugby) don't change the regional allocation of qualifying places, South Korea will make the 2019 RWC.

Status
Not open for further replies.