• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Footy - Irish v France

Status
Not open for further replies.

MajorlyRagerly

Trevor Allan (34)
What a hoopla has been made out of this! Awful piece of bad sportsmanship from Henry, but professional sport, football inparticular, has been plagued by people doing things outside the laws to get the advantage from the word go.

Can't blame the Irish for being a bit pissed, but it must be said, that if it had happened in the opposite direction, I'm sure they would take it, I think one of the players even said so.

I think football players need to realise that the amount of diving, acting, referee abuse & all round childishness which they display week in, week out for the tinyest offences that the referee is obviously going to ignore them when they have a clear grievance... The boy who cried wolf, anyone?

It sux, it happens. As the Irish rugby "fan" said to me and my crew one night in October 2007 as I walked out of the millenium stadium in a rather downcast mood.... "Build a bridge and get the fook over it".

It's not like FIFA are going to do jack shit.

Thomond78

Colin Windon (37)
MR, it's a fucking embarrassment. All we would have got would have been a penalty shoot-out, FFS!

As Roy Keane has pointed out, the FAI said jack when we got a dodgy penalty against Georgia, so we've no cause to complain now. Fuck'em.

C

chief

The fact that he meant to do it is a joke. Can the soccer people do anything about this? Say ban him from the WC? I think thats appropriate

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Thomond78 said:
MR, it's a fucking embarrassment. All we would have got would have been a penalty shoot-out, FFS!

As Roy Keane has pointed out, the FAI said jack when we got a dodgy penalty against Georgia, so we've no cause to complain now. Fuck'em.
If the Iere had gone through, would you have come and visited?

Biffo

Ken Catchpole (46)
chief said:
The fact that he meant to do it is a joke. Can the soccer people do anything about this? Say ban him from the WC? I think thats appropriate

Why ban him? He acted entirely within the spirit of soccer, which is to cheat to the maximum. Look at shirt-pulling which is condoned and applauded. Look at diving. Those two, unsavoury to many, practices dominate the game.

Thomond78

Colin Windon (37)
PaarlBok said:
Thomond78 said:

With the sort of gobshites who support Irish wendyball clogging up my beloved Boland? I'd be demanding Die Dorpie be fumigated, first, and issuing request to Oom Hempies to shoot the first one to besmirch Annandale (and I'd have said feed them to the Boerbull, except that it's a lovely dog with sterling taste, and I wouldn't put it through that).

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Thomond78 said:
PaarlBok said:
Thomond78 said:

With the sort of gobshites who support Irish wendyball clogging up my beloved Boland? I'd be demanding Die Dorpie be fumigated, first, and issuing request to Oom Hempies to shoot the first one to besmirch Annandale (and I'd have said feed them to the Boerbull, except that it's a lovely dog with sterling taste, and I wouldn't put it through that).
:lmao: was hoping you have a reason to visit again. :yay Flippen hot as hell today. :huxley

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Thomond78 said:
Good; my mate Pieter is off op sy wittebrood at the moment. :thumb
Bliksem, no wonder I could not talk sense in you two's head. ;)

See the poofball Haan, Therry Andre, wants to retire now. Just imagen if he had any sportmanship in him what would have happen?

rustycruiser

Billy Sheehan (19)
One of the Irish blokes I work with (Musterman from Ennistymon in Co. Clare) was telling me how funny this whole incident has been in Ireland. He said all the johnny-come-latelys were the ones calling in and making the most noise about the hand ball. Bunch of guys who you could tell never watched football, but had recently jumped onto the Irish soccer bandwagon. He was happy to be in the US and not dealing with it (other than me being a prick) unlike his brothers still in paddy land.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Myself never been a poofball type of supporter. Now SA is turning complete in a poofball madness with the WC around the corner and was thinking to buy myself and the two boys tickets to go and watch and just feel the spirit. I saw in the news the fancy new Durban Stadium (hell thats a great one) will feature their first poofball match on sunday.

Status
Not open for further replies.