• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Force 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

BLR

But I think if he had financially secured the Force earlier, we would never had been on the hit list and probably you guys would be long gone? It has probably been very much to your advantage?

I doubt it, we don't have the same perceived glory appeal as Melbourne has, rightly or wrongly.

The fact Clyne came out and said they knew starting the Rebels was not sustainable, seems to prove they don't care about the money despite what they have said during this process, the ARU seem to be chasing the glory/prestige of the remote possibility of having a large foothold in Melbourne.

amirite

Chilla Wilson (44)
he has and is doing a lot for RWA, I'm happy with that.
But I think if he had financially secured the Force earlier, we would never had been on the hit list and probably you guys would be long gone? It has probably been very much to your advantage?

This isn't about the Rebels, but yes it wouldn't been to your advantage if he'd done it earlier. Which is why I'm raising the question.
Its been stated before that Twiggy has been a supporter behind the scenes for a long time both through FMG as a jumper sponsor for Hodgo and via the Future Force Foundation. He probably takes a collaborative approach to funding rather than just dolling out money, hence the buy in with Own the Force via loans. Its very much along the lines of the old saying "give a man a fish, feed him for a day, teach a man to fish and you feed him for life".

Here endeth the lesson
Understanding he's done some things, as a said he's a WA rugby man, last time the Force were in peril where was he?

I understand he's very helpful to you and you like him, but it seems to me he was in the position to prevent the problem and has instead chose to 'fix' the problem once it's very much at tipping point.

I'm not shitting on the bloke, I feel I'm asking fair questions.

amirite

Chilla Wilson (44)
The fact Clyne came out and said they knew starting the Rebels was not sustainable, seems to prove they don't care about the money despite what they have said during this process, the ARU seem to be chasing the glory/prestige of the remote possibility of having a large foothold in Melbourne.

I think the company line is 'they were overly optimistic' (paraphrased) not 'they knew they were not sustainable'.

The fact is, 5 teams are unsustainable not 'Melbourne' is unsustainable.

B

BLR

I understand he's very helpful to you and you like him, but it seems to me he was in the position to prevent the problem and has instead chose to 'fix' the problem once it's very much at tipping point.

Well I think the Rebels have proven that money doesn't solve underlying problems with a franchise.

My understanding is that Twiggy doesn't want to roll in on his white horse, as the same underlying issues with the Force would still be existing. My understanding is that he wanted to come in as he is using underlying crowd support as the thing that lifts the Force up to where they need to be. That's long term sustainability, not a cash injection that is blown on shiny things while the people as still disengaged.

He is a smart man and would prefer this to be community driven, not rich bloke driven.

amirite

Chilla Wilson (44)
Well I think the Rebels have proven that money doesn't solve underlying problems with a franchise.

My understanding is that Twiggy doesn't want to roll in on his white horse, as the same underlying issues with the Force would still be existing. My understanding is that he wanted to come in as he is using underlying crowd support as the thing that lifts the Force up to where they need to be. That's long term sustainability, not a cash injection that is blown on shiny things while the people as still disengaged.

He is a smart man and would prefer this to be community driven, not rich bloke driven.

Look mate, I understand you really like this bloke, he's very good for your team. But if this 'silent man driving change behind the scenes' stuff was true, his grand speech to the playing group would not have taken place out on the field.

If he was uninterested in media or injecting cash that 'doesn't fix underlying issues', he wouldn't have generated media and injected cash.

Killer

Cyril Towers (30)
This isn't about the Rebels, but yes it wouldn't been to your advantage if he'd done it earlier. Which is why I'm raising the question.

Understanding he's done some things, as a said he's a WA rugby man, last time the Force were in peril where was he?

yeah maybe with 20/20 hindsight he would have done something earlier but who knows what other issues he was possibly dealing with at the time.
That at this time when things looked hopeless he is still willing to stand and fight good enough for me.

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
Iron ore price is on the up with Fortescue have cut costs to the bone. Maybe Twiggy is flat out rolling in cash at the moment and is more than happy to make it rain?

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Maybe Twiggy is flat out rolling in cash at the moment and is more than happy to make it rain?

Maybe not for long.........

The Federal Court has found a major indigenous group in the Pilbara is entitled to exclusive native title rights over land on which Andrew Forrest’s Fortescue Metals Group has built its multibillion-dollar Solomon iron ore mine, paving the way for a potentially massive compensation claim against the company.

In a historic ruling after one of the nation’s longest-running native title cases, Justice Steven Rares today found in favour of the Roebourne-based Yindjibarndi Aboriginal Corporation, which has been at war with Fortescue over royalties and land access since 2007.

Yindjibarndi leader Michael Woodley has long promised to pursue Fortescue for compensation — potentially for hundreds of millions of dollars — if the group was able to prove it had exclusive native title rights.

brokendown

Vay Wilson (31)
I'd much prefer Bill to just fuck off out of rugby, and certainly not negotiate anything on behalf of the Rebels.

The bloke is so incompetent that he'd announce he had just signed the actual Kepler Wessels on a 3 year deal.
-we used to call the vessel we drank beer out of,on our rugby trips,the Kepler!

M

Moono75

Nothing like leaving the outcome of an arbitration decision right to the last minute. Just in time to spoil the final preparations of any Force players in the Wallabies next weekend. I couldn't think of a better build up to a Bledisloe match against the AB's.

Of course in the press the players will say "no it hasnt really effected us, we have come together as one unit, one team and are concentrating on the task at hand"........PR 101 b#llshit!

These ARU guys are just operating on a higher plain of consciousness. Pulver's next apppontment may very well be as the next Dalai Lama.

B

BLR

Of course in the press the players will say "no it hasnt really effected us, we have come together as one unit, one team and are concentrating on the task at hand"....PR 101 b#llshit!

Why don't the players just go on strike?

Enough of this talk of it being 'illegal' under the bargaining agreement. Legal strikes aren't real strikes anyway, let's see the ARU field a team with players from the Shite Shield. Although, they may do better.

M

Moono75

Enough of this talk of it being 'illegal' under the bargaining agreement. Legal strikes aren't real strikes anyway, let's see the ARU field a team with players from the Shite Shield. Although, they may do better.
They would need some big balls to do that......the kind of balls needed to finally beat the AB's. A strike would need to be all in.......it sure would send the ARU a message!

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)

Maybe, if the current coaches go out with the players.;):(

M

Moono75

we should know within 48-72 hours

my prediction.....the ARU hold a press conference to announce the decision. The words are just on Pulvers lips....."and the team to be axed is the Re......." and before he can finish Perth is wiped out by a ICBM strike from Kim Jong Un in North Korea!

Status
Not open for further replies.