• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Force 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimmydubs

Dave Cowper (27)
What can we add punters do?
Someone mentioned a petition.
It's time for change, the vast majority feel the same. But how to make sure there is real change and rugby in Oz doesn't die.

ShtinaTina

Alex Ross (28)
I like the idea of the punters having some involvement in this, but I feel petitions are as likely to achieve change as much as a postal plebiscite. It might show an overwhelming majority want the changes but nothing binds the authority to acting on it.

But in saying that, if it's there I am going to sign/vote on it, it can only help

Shiggins

Simon Poidevin (60)
If this decision was based on facts and those facts pointed to the force being a massive leak in Aru money and time then I wouldn't be as mad. If rugby wasn't doing so well here. I wouldn't be so mad. Its not just us losing our team it's how we are losing them. To the point that I will be cancelling my Foxtel and won't be supporting super rugby anymore. I will struggle to not watch the wallabies but I really feel like I shouldn't go to the pub and watch it

If we had the rebels stats in regards to all the reasons we got axed I would go back to supporting the reds before we had a team and move on but that's not the case. I mean since 2006 we have cost the Aru under 6m. The rebels since 2011 have cost the Aru over 17m. We have a better supporter base. We are playing better rugby by a mile. Our junior and club rugby is at its highest level ever. Our participation rate is 3rd only the the rugby heart land of Queensland and NSW. We have produced heaps of local talent. Even time zone factors ma upkes sence for a team in WA. we all know these stats and there are more I won't mention. These are the reasons I feel sick to my stomoch at times.

As I said, if the decision was based on facts I could let it go and still follow super rugby but it's just fucking wrong. I honestly feel like if I met cameron clyne i would almost have to get violent. He is a worthless peice of shit to be fair to him. Australia has lost 10s of thousands of rugby fans with this move and it didn't have to. Now the talk of our Perth spirit getting axed? The reigning champions. 2 years in the final. Just hurry up, slit the throat and leave a black stain over the west of Australia. Nah. Wait. Keep twisting the knife for a while yet.

Micheal

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
I think a decent petition that could be made would be a change.org petition exclusively for fans from other franchises (not the Western Force) that outlines the collateral for the ARU.

Despite my emblem, I'm Sydney based and have been a Tahs man my whole life. This whole saga has left me with a horrible taste in my mouth and I certainly won't be attending any Wallabies games in the upcoming years. I'm devastated to the point that I don't think I'll be going to any more Waratahs games either.

I love rugby but the current administration has made it hard for me to love the Australian game. Pair that with the recent Lions tour and I've been reminded that fantastic Rugby exists outside of the deformed Super comp - perhaps I should just start supporting Bath / Saracens and be done with it.

I'll still watch Wallabies games at the pub (so my homes viewership numbers aren't added) and attend the odd NRC game but if the Force is done it's very likely I will be too.

Killer

Cyril Towers (30)
I think a decent petition that could be made would be a change.org petition exclusively for fans from other franchises (not the Western Force) that outlines the collateral for the ARU.

Despite my emblem, I'm Sydney based and have been a Tahs man my whole life. This whole saga has left me with a horrible taste in my mouth and I certainly won't be attending any Wallabies games in the upcoming years. I'm devastated to the point that I don't think I'll be going to any more Waratahs games either.

I love rugby but the current administration has made it hard for me to love the Australian game. Pair that with the recent Lions tour and I've been reminded that fantastic Rugby exists outside of the deformed Super comp - perhaps I should just start supporting Bath / Saracens and be done with it.

I'll still watch Wallabies games at the pub (so my homes viewership numbers aren't added) and attend the odd NRC game but if the Force is done it's very likely I will be too.

Apparently??? as long as you don't watch it live on fox or record it live it won't count. Best to record a replay or use catch up.

Killer

Cyril Towers (30)
what I struggle with is rugby men on the board not standing with Stooke, not one of them represented the rugby public.

As I saw on comments under W Smiths article:
et tu Brute (even you Brutus?)
et tu Eales
et tu Robinson
et tu McLean

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
That's pish. IF they can't turn this decision around in the courts and the ARU bump the spirit as well. Well i don't know what to say. Its just beyond description how mental that decision would be.

If it fell apart on its own in a few years because their force decision properly fucks rugby in WA is one thing. However to axe the spirit immediately as well is a whole other level. Is it spite? Did a sandgroper shit in clynes cornflakes once?

Lucky bugger whoever it was.

Killer

Cyril Towers (30)
I'm hoping this will fly, perhaps because of the large public interest and thus the need for transparency it will be heard?
I'm sure some of the best lawyers in Aus should be able to find a way to justify taking it to an open court?

Shiggins

Simon Poidevin (60)
So we got the injunction. The only way we can win is if we prove that the sale was done with the Aru already knowing they would cut the force? Is this correct

Sent from my SM-G928I using Tapatalk

Killer

Cyril Towers (30)
So we got the injunction. The only way we can win is if we prove that the sale was done with the Aru already knowing they would cut the force? Is this correct

I'm no expert.
No this is just in relation to the wording of the alliance agreement and whether in the eyes of the court it guarantees our place until 2020, the end of the current broadcast agreement.
The ARU is claiming the change of format is enough to say that the old b/cast agreement is over and this is a new agreement and therefore the Force is not guaranteed a spot in it.

IMO total BS and against the intent of the agreement.

We have appealed this decision and have to wait and see if our reasons are deemed serious enough to be heard.

IMO it will be heard in a open court because of the public interest and thus a need for transparency, even Premiers are commenting. But I know little about this stuff.

If this fails or even concurrently we will try other means such as you suggested.

Shiggins

Simon Poidevin (60)
I'm no expert.
No this is just in relation to the wording of the alliance agreement and whether in the eyes of the court it guarantees our place until 2020, the end of the current broadcast agreement.
The ARU is claiming the change of format is enough to say that the old b/cast agreement is over and this is a new agreement and therefore the Force is not guaranteed a spot in it.

IMO total BS and against the intent of the agreement.

We have appealed this decision and have to wait and see if our reasons are deemed serious enough to be heard.

IMO it will be heard in a open court because of the public interest and thus a need for transparency, even Premiers are commenting. But I know little about this stuff.

If this fails or even concurrently we will try other means such as you suggested.
So we still have a couple of means. Good.

Killer

Cyril Towers (30)
So we still have a couple of means. Good.

well presuming the other options are goers, I have no inside info.
It would be good if we have some evidence or get this appeal heard in an open court where Clyne, Clarke, Day and others can be questioned under oath.
I would like to see them as candidates for the "All Time Crim 1st XV" management and board members.

Shiggins

Simon Poidevin (60)
well presuming the other options are goers, I have no inside info.
It would be good if we have some evidence or get this appeal heard in an open court where Clyne, Clarke, Day and others can be questioned under oath.
I would like to see them as candidates for the "All Time Crim 1st XV" management and board members.
I would keep my fox subscription to see it live.

Status
Not open for further replies.