• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Force 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Killer

Cyril Towers (30)
I still don't understand why you think the ARU were going to heavily pursue buying a licence from a third party when they clearly believed they were able to just cancel the licence of the Force which they already controlled.

I think it is a huge stretch that they did this because of some bias towards the Rebels and not because it was seen as the easiest and cheapest option by a long way.

well if you think it is the right decision and good for rugby, that's fine.
IMO there has been a definite bias to Vic Rugby due to Clyne and Clarkes affiliation. Cost is an excuse used by Clyne. This current direction is going to be vastly more costly to rugby in Aus in both popularity and dollars. If Clyne is such a corporate high flyer with a great macro mind, where is all his support? In my experience if a large group of people are saying you are wrong you probably are. What is he doing? he doesn't know himself. I'm not saying he should sack the Rebs, that horse is long bolted. But he should back down from this sack the Force farce and use his brain to find a better solution. Start representing Aus rugby.

Boomer

Alfred Walker (16)
A typical fucking east coast fucking elitist discussion taking place right now.

Similarly, as in matters of race and privilege, The Man seldom sees the slight.

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
To the east coast guys. Just so you understand. I don't blame you. You are rugby fans like me. I blame the board. The higher ups. Not the loyal fans. Peace.

When I say East coast elitest or anything like this I am not talking about the fans. It's the knob heads up stairs

Sent from my SM-G928I using Tapatalk

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
A typical fucking east coast fucking elitist discussion taking place right now.

Similarly, as in matters of race and privilege, The Man seldom sees the slight.

What exactly is your problem with other people discussing issues here?

B

BLR

Rumors are not facts though...

Has anything not been a rumour in this whole story? I am not going to lie and say it definetely happened but indications that Cox was still talking to the ARU after his initial announcement seemed as solid as anything in this debacle.

But as I said, everything has been smoke and mirrors.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Yeh I said fair enough. Sorry when ever I think of the bloke I just get this urge to vent

I get it, I'm not mad about what he's done either, but there are ways to criticise what he has done without making it personal and abusive. For better or worse, I am supposed to enforce the rules. That's all.

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
I get it, I'm not mad about what he's done either, but there are ways to criticise what he has done without making it personal and abusive. For better or worse, I am supposed to enforce the rules. That's all.
I can respect that mate

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
well if you think it is the right decision and good for rugby, that's fine.
IMO there has been a definite bias to Vic Rugby due to Clyne and Clarkes affiliation. Cost is an excuse used by Clyne. This current direction is going to be vastly more costly to rugby in Aus in both popularity and dollars. If Clyne is such a corporate high flyer with a great macro mind, where is all his support? In my experience if a group of people are saying you are wrong you probably are. What is he doing? he doesn't know himself. I'm not saying he should sack the Rebs, that horse is long bolted. But he should back down from this sack the Force farce and use his brain to find a better solution. Start representing Aus rugby.

No, I don't think it was a good decision nor the right decision.

It was the easiest option.

I don't think any past affiliation Clyne and Clarke may have had with Victoria influenced the decision at all.

They went with the option that was seen as the easiest and least costly.

I would have preferred to find an outcome that kept all five teams and beyond that I think all things being equal the Rebels would have been the better option to cull both from a natural justice perspective in terms of last in, first out and also the WA pathways and structures being further advanced and better developed.

It was never a fair fight. Circumstances made it such that cutting the Force was by far the easiest option to take and the ARU took it.

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)

I don't think any past affiliation Clyne and Clarke may have had with Victoria influenced the decision at all.

I would have preferred to find an outcome that kept all five teams and beyond that I think all things being equal the Rebels would have been the better option to cull both from a natural justice perspective in terms of last in, first out and also the WA pathways and structures being further advanced and better developed.

It was never a fair fight. Circumstances made it such that cutting the Force was by far the easiest option to take and the ARU took it.
I tend to agree. It was about the easiest movabke object. However I also think he is quite happy it went this way though. He has been very disrespectful to the force the way he has done this

ShtinaTina

Alex Ross (28)
Did Braveheart say that?

@Killer what Slim said.
We understand the frustration, anger, disappointment & unfairness that is being felt by the Force & their Fans.
I think you'll be hard pressed to find many people that believe it was the right choice.
There really aren't many GAGRites that agree with the decision and are trying to navigate their way through the minefield that the situation is.
Hold your fire, Braveheart is a good egg.

Killer

Cyril Towers (30)

It's only the easiest option if you have no idea about WA rugby.

Clarke told Cox they were safe, is he going to do this without Clynes ok, unlikely

easiest and least costly, that's working out well. Nearly all of Aus thinks they have lost the plot

Anyone with a macro mind and not the errand boy for sanzaar would have known this was a dumb idea.

Killer

Cyril Towers (30)
@Killer what Slim said.
We understand the frustration, anger, disappointment & unfairness that is being felt by the Force & their Fans.
I think you'll be hard pressed to find many people that believe it was the right choice.
There really aren't many GAGRites that agree with the decision and are trying to navigate their way through the minefield that the situation is.
Hold your fire, Braveheart is a good egg.

yes I know.
But why are we defending the indefensible, Clyne is imo an incompetent buffoon.
I also believe, and I think obviously from his interviews he lacks integrity.
Therefore IMO based on rumour, yes no clear irrefutable evidence, that he has very much been biased to Vic rugby behind the scenes.

Boomer

Alfred Walker (16)
What exactly is your problem with other people discussing issues here?

Mate, zero problem with anyone.

How can I break this down without forcing you to jump to an irrational conclusion?

When you and other posters waive off quite legitimate gripes about unfair treatment as "It's just a Sandgroper and the chip on their shoulder" (or something similar) you ignore a pattern of behaviour that has gone on well before the establishment of the Force - and in many areas of public life.

For example, you're all amazed at how cool Geoff Stooke is. He's a great bloke, we already knew that, but so many of you are in the bubble that it's only after more than 30 bloody years of service that you've heard of him.

It's just one example.

There are lists as long as your arm that document the perceived and actual imbalance in the way the ARU has dealt with the Force.

At best, it could be considered negligence by the powers that be in the east. At worst, it's a campaign.

Either way, don't just waive it off, because many of you clearly fail to understand what's actually gone on.

James Pettifer

Jim Clark (26)
100 percent. We have never been treated equally

Firstly, the Force have not been treated fairly at any point during their existence. But the Rebels didn't get a massive leg up like you think.

You mention internationals like they were great players. Have you looked at the Rebels 2011 initial squad?

Our internationals were
- Michael Lipman - played 10 games for England - last in 2008
- Danny Cipriani - played 14 games in total for England
- Hoani Macdonald - 33 games for Highlanders
- Gareth Delve - 11 games for Wales
- Ged Robinson - 5 games for the Hurricanes previously, 15 later for the Highlanders and 4 for the Crusaders

In terms of Australian players, we got squat. Stirling was the only big name but he was 2 years out of internationals.

I don't think the Rebels had one player who would be on the bench for their country let alone in the 15.

At least the Force got Cannon and Sharpe

Killer

Cyril Towers (30)
In fact, there has been two released by COX/ISM/MRRU that state the same thing.

there were many conversations before these statements ref Cox's silence and what it meant. There were rumours of what price he was willing to take, was it 4.5mil?
It wasn't until I thing Tim North started working on him that those statements were released.
I'm not re writing history, there was initially great angst among Rebs supporters as to if Cox would sell them out, and fair enough.
To Cox's credit he eventually came out with those statements.

B

BLR

At least the Force got Cannon and Sharpe

Our our initial pick ups had nothing to do with the ARU.

The Rebels WERE given a leg up in comparison to the Force and have been given multiple monetary leg ups since, it is purely the Rebels fault that it hasn't been used effectively.

In saying this, everything that has happened with the poor performance has been purely our fault but it would have been nice to have a bit of help from the ARU when we were struggling.

Status
Not open for further replies.