• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Force 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boomer

Alfred Walker (16)
20915211_1490644570974287_8031896381595972046_n.jpg

Force rally

Boomer

Alfred Walker (16)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Looks like a decent turnout, any idea of numbers?

I saw 5,000 mentioned.

The plods closed a number of streets to allow everyone in and keep them all safe.

The rally was held the morning of the Premier grade finals in Perth, hosted a 30-minute drive across town.

Killer

Cyril Towers (30)
I saw 5,000 mentioned.

The plods closed a number of streets to allow everyone is and to keep them all safe.

The rally was held the morning of the Premier grade finals in Perth, hosted a 30-minute drive across town.

Ourselves and quite a number of people I know who's kids also play AFL couldn't go. Not the best day with the Finals on all today and kids afl but probably the best available before Wed.

boyo

Mark Ella (57)
Quote them all.

Im sure it's more that some people are taking it personally when anyone says shit about the east coast elitest meaning the Aru

Sent from my SM-G928I using Tapatalk

There it is; the isolationist, us v them, East coast v West coast mentality.

Boomer

Alfred Walker (16)
WA could bankrupt the ARU with $100 million lawsuit over the Western Force’s axing

The State Government has warned the Australian Rugby Union it will sue for more than $100 million in the wake of the Western Force debacle — a move that would bankrupt the cash-strapped governing body.

The escalation came as thousands of fans gathered at RugbyWA headquarters yesterday in a show of strength aimed east.

TheWest Australian can reveal the Government has told the ARU it is investigating undertakings guaranteeing the future of the Force that underpinned investment in various areas, particularly redeveloping nib Stadium.

The Government poured $95 million into the venue and $17 million into RugbyWA’s headquarters. It sponsors the Force for $1.5 million a year through the Road Safety Commission and offered to bring forward $4 million in payments for the Bledisloe Cup to be staged at the new Perth Stadium.

It is understood Premier Mark McGowan has ordered the State Solicitor’s Office to take charge of the investigation.

In a letter sent to ARU chief executive Bill Pulver on Friday, Mr McGowan said: “These investments were not made lightly and were made with the clear expectation and understanding that the Western Force would continue to participate in the Super Rugby competition.

“Therefore, the WA State Government believes the decision by the Australian Rugby Union to remove Western Force from the competition is in breach of its commitments to the people of Western Australia.

“With this in mind, I can confirm the the WA State Government is now exploring all legal options aimed at seeking compensation from the ARU.”

A Government insider said it was “not an idle threat”.

https://thewest.com.au/news/wa/state-threatens-legal-scrum-to-save-force-ng-b88572768z

Jon

Chris McKivat (8)

boyo

Mark Ella (57)
perhaps don't post on this FORCE 2018 thread if you don't like the content.

As I've said before, I don't think that cutting the Force is good for Australian rugby.
I try to call out posts with which I don't agree.
What you're suggesting is a form of censorship - is that what you really want?

L

Leo86

Boyo, i kinda get where your coming from, BUT this thread is of a club who is fighting for their survival and feel betrayed by the ARU who consists of Eastern State reps (Stooke was forcefully recused). No you didnt do anything personally, but you probably sat idly by while Australian rugby was attacked knowing that the Tahs are safe by association so who cares about the Force/Rebels.

Well we care and we are hurt by this abandonment

I stopped reading the Rebels Thread once the ARU announced removing the Force, we no longer shared common circumstances and i dont want to read of Force players being taken due to the ARUs incompetence but is worth contemplation (Note: I dont read the other teams threads either, anymore)

I suggest if the truth hurts mate, stop reading

T

TOCC

As I've said before, I don't think that cutting the Force is good for Australian rugby.
I try to call out posts with which I don't agree.
What you're suggesting is a form of censorship - is that what you really want?

I don't think Reg is suggesting censorship at all, rather suggesting that members don't permeate issues further that don't need to be, shiggins said the "east coast elitist meaning the ARU", i took that as a dig at the ARU, not an east coast, west coast divide.

Rugby fans in WA have just lost the team they support, for some it means their friends have lost their job, all in all it comes at an emotional cost which means their will be some emotionally driven comments and frustrations in these threads. I mightn't agree with all the WA fans comments in this thread, but I'm not going to intentionally provoke an emotive response over something which has no bearing on the actual issue at hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.