• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Force 2023

Tazzmania

Charlie Fox (21)
RUPA Academic Achievement Awards 2022:

Well done to all, its great to see rugby players ensuring that they have something to fall back onto after rugby:
1670981511129.png

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Altrad has been found guilty of corruption:

The All Blacks have issued a statement, any word from the Force?

Tazzmania

Charlie Fox (21)
Altrad has been found guilty of corruption:

The All Blacks have issued a statement, any word from the Force?
All Blacks, Montpellier, France and the Force are sponsorded by the company Altrad.

Altrad is bigger than its sports sponsorships;

It is a global powerhouse business with nearly 52,000 employees in over 50 countries with over 120 subsidary companies.

It employees over 2000 people in Australia

Lets all focus on the bigger picture for the moment as the company has not been implicated.

Wilson

David Codey (61)
All Blacks, Montpellier, France and the Force are sponsorded by the company Altrad.

Altrad is bigger than its sports sponsorships;

It is a global powerhouse business with nearly 52,000 employees in over 50 countries with over 120 subsidary companies.

It employees over 2000 people in Australia

Lets all focus on the bigger picture for the moment
They were found guilty of corruption in relation to their sponsorship of the French national rugby side. There are pretty direct implications in that for their remaining sports sponsorships, so I'm not exactly sure what the bigger picture is that would be a reason not to focus on that.

Tazzmania

Charlie Fox (21)
They were found guilty of corruption in relation to their sponsorship of the French national rugby side. There are pretty direct implications in that for their remaining sports sponsorships, so I'm not exactly sure what the bigger picture is that would be a reason not to focus on that.
The bigger picture is that only their French sponsorship has been implicated, the rest should carry on and focus on rugby matters as Altrad the company is hopefully unlkely to with draw from the other sponsorships.

In Australia sports sponsorship for a non major sport is hard enough to come by as it is and the support should continue to remain welcome.

Wilson

David Codey (61)
The bigger picture is that only their French sponsorship has been implicated, the rest should carry on and focus on rugby matters as Altrad the company is hopefully unlkely to with draw from the other sponsorships.

In Australia sports sponsorship for a non major sport is hard enough to come by as it is and the support should continue to remain welcome.
I think it's entirely likely the company re-asses their ongoing sports sponsorship position, particularly if Mohed Altrad was the driver of it. I'm not suggesting the Force should rip up the deal as a knee jerk reaction to the verdict, just looking to see if/how they're responding to the latest development.

There probably does need to be some review of the arrangement on the part of the Force though, and it's the sort of process that needs to be done reasonably openly, particularly if the result is that the sponsorship continues.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)

Proper head in the sand stuff.

PhilClinton

Geoff Shaw (53)

No, the fact that the French sponsorship has been implicated is simply the surface level issue which parties have been found guilty of.

The bigger picture, as others have suggested, is that all sports sponsorships with Altrad must now be examined. Given the nature of what has occurred, Altrad the company will likely look at whether they'll continue in the sports sponsorship space. If the Force deal is all above board (like I hope and assume it is) yet Altrad decide to walk away, they'd still end up getting some type of financial compensation anyway.

The fact that the NZRU have gone straight on the offensive is a pretty clear indicator that this whole situation is pretty volatile.

ForceFan

Chilla Wilson (44)
It appears that Jack Winchester announced after the trip to Japan that he was returning to studies.
Evidently discussed it with the coaching staff and the full player group.
Shame as was always impressed by his endeavour and potential.

Santiago Medrano and his fiancee (new development since they were last here) arrived back in Perth yesterday.
F Fainga'a joins the player group mid-January.

Marce

John Thornett (49)
How much is the contract between Force and Altrad? I don't need to read a paper to know that is a tiny contract if you compare with NZRU's contract or FFR's contract.

Altrad is a HUGE multinational company, Force is a minor rugby team struggling to survive in Super Rugby

In business the terms are dictated by the big fish. In this case Altrad will say when this ends. Force isn't in a position to rebuke its partner. That's the ugly true of business sponsorship. NZRU and FFR are in a better position to get sponsors and end this soon

You are asking an average Joe to fight against Elon Musk

Jimmy_Crouch

Ken Catchpole (46)
How much is the contract between Force and Altrad? I don't need to read a paper to know that is a tiny contract if you compare with NZRU's contract or FFR's contract.

Altrad is a HUGE multinational company, Force is a minor rugby team struggling to survive in Super Rugby

In business the terms are dictated by the big fish. In this case Altrad will say when this ends. Force isn't in a position to rebuke its partner. That's the ugly true of business sponsorship. NZRU and FFR are in a better position to get sponsors and end this soon

You are asking an average Joe to fight against Elon Musk
Soz the guy with $30B in his pocket paying the bills in Perth probably has a say

Marce

John Thornett (49)
Soz the guy with $30B in his pocket paying the bills in Perth probably has a say
The guy who could make Western Force the Paris Saint Germain of international rugby but instead of that his sparkling signature was Santiago Medrano who previously signed for a minor English team cause they paid him more than the Force and now return cause that minor English team has dissapeared

Obviously he isn't interested in putting a lot of money into this

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
The guy who could make Western Force the Paris Saint Germain of international rugby but instead of that his sparkling signature was Santiago Medrano who previously signed for a minor English team cause they paid him more than the Force and now return cause that minor English team has dissapeared

Obviously he isn't interested in putting a lot of money into this
He isnt allowed. We still have salary caps that dont immediately send us broke.

Marce

John Thornett (49)
He isnt allowed. We still have salary caps that dont immediately send us broke.
Yeah, but in other codes with salary caps there's tricks to avoid them. In Major League Rugby (USA Rugby Union professional tournament) some owners give presents to their players like major gym franchises valued in thousands of bucks.

Nick Politis has been slamed for salary caps. I mean, if you want to put more, you figure the way out to do it. If you are really interested. You can invest in new facilities, a better stadium I don't know. I can't see that interested in Twiggy. He support some teams, maybe Force is not his number 1 priority. Politis has less money but Roosters is his life, maybe the life of Twiggy isn't depends of Force performance