• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Force 2023

Thalium

Larry Dwyer (12)
21CDCFE6-7F9A-4003-9929-9EDC36A04662.jpeg

All good I see why u said that now

Wallaby Man

Trevor Allan (34)
Good signing for Force. Guess the return of Kemeny (hopefully fit) will mean there is less space to fit everyone in backrow at Rebels.

ForceFan

Chilla Wilson (44)
Interesting to note the leadership talk, Kaitu'u is off contract and with Folau Fainga'a coming in he may well look to go. Would be welcomed home to QLD.
Feleti Kaitu'u's contract extension was announced with the Folau Fainga'a signing and Jack Winchester's extension.
Wells has had a very good year with the Rebels, good on-field leadership and his experience helps make up for the losses (about 14 by mu count) including the 3 x test players.
There was little support at #8 when Stander was injured this year.
Anstee still developing.
Pugh had two good games but still quite raw and a useful Lock.
Academy lads Alex Masibaka and Ned Slack-Smith still WIP.

Last edited:

whitefalcon

Bob Loudon (25)
Jeez wells is a journeyman. That'll make it every team bar the reds he's played for.

That being said he is very handy player

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Did Wells play under Cron at Norths?
Yes and the Rays and Tahs.

I’m particularity looking forward to linking back up with Simon Cron who I have spent a bit of time with at Norths and the Waratahs,” Wells said in a statement.

“I’ve kept in contact with Cron, so when he told me he was talking to the Force, my ears pricked up a bit.

“He is the best coach I have had. He is someone who has helped me develop a lot in rugby and constantly gets the best out of me. As a player, to be able to be coached by him again is a big attraction.

Everyone I speak to says he's the best coach they've had as well.

ForceFan

Chilla Wilson (44)
Glowing praise from Force general manager of rugby Matt Hodgson as well...
“Wells is a natural leader both on and off the field, which has been evident throughout his career.
He is a strong player who will add almost 100 Super Rugby games of experience to our squad.
His reputation as a hard worker and quality character makes him exactly the kind of player we need..
His tenacity and abrasive ball-running skills will fit perfectly with how we are looking to build the team.”

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Glowing praise from Force general manager of rugby Matt Hodgson as well...
“Wells is a natural leader both on and off the field, which has been evident throughout his career.
He is a strong player who will add almost 100 Super Rugby games of experience to our squad.
His reputation as a hard worker and quality character makes him exactly the kind of player we need..
His tenacity and abrasive ball-running skills will fit perfectly with how we are looking to build the team.”

Did you expect otherwise?

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
I would think Kaitu’u would stick around as Ready is moving on
Yeh but your competition moving on as reason for staying not a positive. Folau as 1 year contract means hooker depth a real concern and hence although troubled soul as far as talent as said in tahs thread thought latu might be better option for cron to consider for hooker depth (vs need at tahs) and he must have latu on speed dial given former assistant tahs coach when latu at the tahs.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Good signing for Force. Guess the return of Kemeny (hopefully fit) will mean there is less space to fit everyone in backrow at Rebels.
Yeh but need for wells at force..I assume mainly 6 depth given FLW (Fergus Lee-Warner) departure and yeb can play 8 but with Callan and Pugh covering well maybe less need

upthereds#!

Ken Catchpole (46)
Yeh but need for wells at force..I assume mainly 6 depth given FLW (Fergus Lee-Warner) (Fergus Lee-Warner) departure and yeb can play 8 but with Callan and Pugh covering well maybe less need
With FLW (Fergus Lee-Warner) and Thrush leaving, Pugh may need to focus on his original position of lock. Also Callan is more of a 7 (and is originally) then an 8.

RHP would have made more sense, but if Wells wasn't wanted at the Rebels (as reported) then why not get a 100 capper, with significant leadership nous on a good deal? I don't think he has the 'muscle' to be in high demand in europe or japan where they do like to get a more 'unique' physical profile.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
With FLW (Fergus Lee-Warner) (Fergus Lee-Warner) and Thrush leaving, Pugh may need to focus on his original position of lock. Also Callan is more of a 7 (and is originally) then an 8.

RHP would have made more sense, but if Wells wasn't wanted at the Rebels (as reported) then why not get a 100 capper, with significant leadership nous on a good deal? I don't think he has the 'muscle' to be in high demand in europe or japan where they do like to get a more 'unique' physical profile.
Wonder why wells not wanted at rebels as thought he had ok season, if what you say correct. Anyhow as you say probably good acquisition for force and assume 6 position is likely where he will play but obviously can cover 8 as well if needed.