• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Force vs Brumbies II - 2011R14

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I also found the refereeing of the breakdown pretty inconsistent. Not biased either way, but each time he blew the whistle at the breakdown I was unsure which way the penalty would go. It had a negative impact on the game IMO.

I was going to comment about this too!

First half he was more lenient towards the defensive team and actually allowed Pocock to do a little planking of his own over the ruck (which I won't mind him getting away with for the wallabies)...

So I nearly lost my shit in the second half when the Brumbies got pinged for not releasing the player... However, it just turned out he decided to clamp down on both teams for this in the second half...

The Brumbies would've benefited from having Hooper on in the first half...

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
Pitiful ending to this game. For a team with nothing to lose to kick the ball into touch from a pealty to end the game and accept a draw was just plain spineless. All that said to me is the Brumbies are comfortable with mediocrity. Wish they had of chanced their arm and tried to play for the win.

Honourable mention to the ref in this game. He was good and consistant.

Brumbieman

Dick Tooth (41)
Pitiful ending to this game. For a team with nothing to lose to kick the ball into touch from a pealty to end the game and accept a draw was just plain spineless. All that said to me is the Brumbies are comfortable with mediocrity. Wish they had of chanced their arm and tried to play for the win.

For what point? They would have had to go the length of the field to try and win it, at the risk of turning it over and losing the game. A draw is better than a loss. If they were on the Force's 22 instead, i've no doubt they'd have gone for the try.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
For what point? They would have had to go the length of the field to try and win it, at the risk of turning it over and losing the game. A draw is better than a loss. If they were on the Force's 22 instead, i've no doubt they'd have gone for the try.

Pride. That is a big stake to play for in my books. They would of even earnt pride if it didn't work out but they had gone down swinging. As it stands, they just gave up.

Maybe to prove Rae wrong. The just proved everything he said to be correct.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)

Cannot agree at all.

They were 5m in front of their own posts ffs. How are they going to win the game from there when only 13 points had been scored the whole game? You have to run it out from your own posts. Up against Pocock and co. in your own 50m is just asking for trouble; the ref was handing out breakdown infrigements all game. The next ruck would've been game over.

Absolutely ridiculous to think they should've gone for it. Up against everything and would've likely lost it. This is coming from a guy who was on Force 1-12 too.

Brumbieman

Dick Tooth (41)
Pride. That is a big stake to play for in my books. They would of even earnt pride if it didn't work out but they had gone down swinging. As it stands, they just gave up.

Maybe to prove Rae wrong. The just proved everything he said to be correct.

You think there would have been more pride won by tapping and running from 5m in front of their own posts, and then losing a game which would otherwise have been a draw? And get no points out of it? In a season where they;re desperately trying to avoid finishing last?

todd4

Jim Clark (26)
Absolutely ridiculous to think they should've gone for it. .

Not ridiculous at all.

I agre with Ruggo on this. The Brumbies season is fucked. The Force's season is fucked. All either of them has left is pride.

I was at the game. I and everyone aroud me were absolutely disgusted when Gits threw out the white flag! If the Brumbies needed those two points to stay in finals contention then maybe, just maybe but when a team decides to give up just because it all seems too hard then that is really pathetic. Rae said that when things get tough they just don't have the heart for it and Gits proved him right.

If Nathan Sharpe ever made a decision to quit when it was 13 all I would be calling for him to be stood down as captain.

Brumbieman

Dick Tooth (41)
Their season is over, they have been lambasted by most fans of the game for the crap they have dished up. To have a real go and lose is better than to settle for medicority. You only get what you aim for, so better to aim up and fall short than to accept mediocrity.

Bullshit. I'm 100% certain everyone in Canberra was happy with the draw, as we got points out of it. If we'd gone for the try, there was bugger all chance of getting it, and a much higher chance of turning it over and losing the game, and getting 0 points for it, which would put us in a desperate position on the ladder. I'm all for having a go, but not when you're 5m from your own goalposts. In their half, certainly.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I really can't believe the comments because I feel strongly about this.

There was absolutely no way the Brumbies could win. Almost impossible. Chance yes but I really cannot express how unlikely it would be. Not only was it highly unlikely they could win the match there was a huge possibility they would lose the match. Please think about where they were. 5m out, right in front of their posts.

It's quite absurd for them to throw away a draw for nothing. Especially considering they hadn't won a game in yonks.

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
What did they really throw away? The season is over, the draw points are meaningless. What they could have done is say F&^%$ it, we will have a shot and if we fail (which was a distinct possibility given where they were) at least we had a go. That is respectable. Would any in Canberra have derided them for having a go after their very heart and commitment has been questioned by the coach?

That the decision was to take two meaningless points shows what they are, near enough is good enough and they are indeed a pack of quitters.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
That's an even worse attitude tbh, not respect the competition and ditch the points on offer just because they are out of finals contention. This isn't a competition where you have fun and give your best, the end result matters.

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
It was weak!! The force have won a few games from running it back after 80 from there own 22. I know the force would have run if it was the other way around. If the brumbies did that at home would they of got booed off? Probably not. I'm not talking about the tahs.

Go the force!!!!

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
That's an even worse attitude tbh, not respect the competition and ditch the points on offer just because they are out of finals contention. This isn't a competition where you have fun and give your best, the end result matters.

You know what else matters, pleasing the fans. 90% of people who saw that, knowing what the stakes were, ie: 3/5th of fuck all, would think it was weak.

Neither team can make the finals, so roll the dice and entertain some fans, that might seem simplistic, but without the fans you might as well shut the shop.

To me, a draw is worth no more than a loss, because neither is a win.

F

floater

As a Brumbies fan, I'm glad they got a draw. They have had tries scored against them after the hooter (to lose the game?) twice this year. Finding a win has been well documented, perhaps it is something they can build on. Did they really deserve to get a win? Going a way with a draw was something, they also played what 75 min with out a try, why do people think they had anything left to score after 80+, perhaps they had nothing left.

Had they gone for the try and got turned over and the Force score, you would have bagged them for being greedy.

I find it a bit strange that Elsom was able to come straight in and play 80, hobbling or not. Probably the first time since he left that he has played that much.

And Charger your signature line is .... I don't even know what to say, except I'm sorry for your wife.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
It's hit me, Salvi started because Hooper/Fainga'a are off to Italy and he needed more game time before he becomes the only 7.

Status
Not open for further replies.