• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Force vs Rebels Round 1, 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dumbledore

Dick Tooth (41)
Great to start the year with a win. Did well given the injuries and conditions, but huge improvements needed across the park.

Scooter

John Solomon (38)
Happy to get the win even it was scrappy Rebels and Force always have matches decided by 7 points or less (except when Tony changes most of the side).

Dumbledore

Dick Tooth (41)
Why not deny them the bonus point? I get that you're shattered, but take the kick at the posts FFS.
Only reason I can think is if it hit the post, the Force got it and went coast to coast. .001% chance of it happening but you never know.

I would have had the shot.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Only reason I can think is if it hit the post, the Force got it and went coast to coast. .001% chance of it happening but you never know.

The likelihood is that it won't matter one little bit. But for that small chance, given it's another team in your own conference, why not. I'm very very firmly in the Gits school of no sympathy, take the points circa 2011.

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
They all looked rooted out there. Hard travel ahead for the Rebels, hopefully they've got 23 of those fancy inflatable recovery suits on hand for the flight to Jo'burg.

M

Moono75

OK one game down....I'm looking forward to going home and picking up the dog shit in the back yard. Kinda painful game to watch at the ground.

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
Are salt and magnesium tabs on the banned list? Someone pointed out the sniper pining calves and hammies; what a tough game. Gregan talked about Mortlock sweating up to 4kg in a match... These boys must be bloody spent.

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
The likelihood is that it won't matter one little bit. But for that small chance, given it's another team in your own conference, why not. I'm very very firmly in the Gits school of no sympathy, take the points circa 2011.
i am with Highlander, better no chance than some. i was in the corner at the SFS when Gregan made "that tackle" on Jeff Wilson in the Bled. The only reason he got to do so was because whoever was the Aussie captain (Eales ?) decided against the advice of David Knox and took the kick at goal instead of into touch to finish the game.

the rebels have a lost enough "after the siren" games in the past to chance doing so again

Scooter

John Solomon (38)
So now forward to Pretoria we may have to send some extra troops from Melbourne. Hopefully injuries aren't too bad:
Debreczeni
Harris
Ellison (hopefully only cramp but looked like it could be muscle to me)
Plus Stirzaker out too and Sefa and by sounds of things Crawford and Tuipulotu still injured.

Matsushima and Asquith may get a trip to South Africa.

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
How long till we revert to punching it up the guts with pigs and using Grant to punish with penalties.

Hodgson in the post match interview talked about the new style being evident, but what's the fucking point if you make precisely zero linebreaks?

And What the fuck has SuperCoach been doing in the off season. Skills and handling were poor. Kicking was poor. Sorry Queenslanders, but I hope we get the honour of the first coach boning of the season.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
Not a great spectacle but it was bloody humid out there tonight. I thought we lacked composure on attack, especially when we broke the line and then tried to throw a miracle ball to keep the move going. Go to ground, recycle and go again boys. We also missed a couple of crucial tackles and that's the game.

boyo

Mark Ella (57)
Rebels nine will soon get dominated at the ruck with how long he has his hands on the ball before he passes.

IIRC until the 9 has lifted the ball off the ground it's considered to be still in the scrum/ruck.

M

Moono75

We have embraced a loser no risk mentality. Not what we were in the first years of the team. We let it fly. Tough to watch into 11th season. Onto next week go Force!

Bairdy

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Disappointing result. Clear we tried to run the ball more and if not for some silly passes and way too many turnovers we'd have won. DHP was my Force MOTM, he was everywhere.
I only saw smatterings of the game but clearly the inside backs were playing together for the first time. That combination will hopefully become more cohesive as the season goes on.

The Force needs to improve in a number of areas as you have highlighted Shaker, or we could very well be knocked off by the Reds next week - as much as that is hard to believe.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Good win for us after a sleep. Shitey conditions, low on personnel, early injuries and away from home early in the comp.

Otherwise both teams were positive in intent, but poor in execution.

Reactions: daz

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
Considering that the Rebels didn't have a recognised 10 for a large part of the game it is telling that they still had as much backline play as the Force did. It is one thing to change philosophy (which I am surprised after all these years Foley has actually done) it is another to equip the players with the skills and structures to execute the philosophy.

Status
Not open for further replies.