• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Former Sydney Uni Player to Wear #10 for USA Eagles

Status
Not open for further replies.

USARugger

John Thornett (49)
I was going to post this in the General Rugby forum but it seems I lack the privilege to create a thread there.

But it turns out former Uni player Toby L'Estrange will be making his run on as the fly-half for the USA Eagles on November 9th: https://www.rugbymag.com/usa-men/6355-eagles-name-lineup-to-face-russia.html

Many Eagles fans have high hopes for the young man. The Eagles have been trying to fill the void left by the departure of Mike Hercus what feels like a century ago.

On the flip side, he did say that he expected Nick Phipps to be the Player of the Tournament at the 2011 RWC (http://www.sydneyunirugby.com.au/player-profiles/lestrange) so I won't be surprised if we're completely bent over as usual. I swear the only thing harder than being a Wallabies supporter is being an Eagles supporter!!

Knuckles

Ted Thorn (20)
Is Toby any relation to the greatest CEO in NSW Rugby history..............drum roll please...........Mr Jim L'Estrange?

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
I think nephew, but could be wrong.

He's a Canberra boy from memory, his father was high up in the public service. Bruce Ross would know more than me though.

Bruce Ross

Ken Catchpole (46)
I think nephew, but could be wrong.

He's a Canberra boy from memory, his father was high up in the public service. Bruce Ross would know more than me though.
Correct, barbar, son of Michael L'Estrange. The young bloke would have acquired instant Septic status by being born while the old man was studying at Georgetown University or more likely a little later when he was at the University of California, Berkeley.
No disgrace there: Bruce Ross has forgotten more than everyone
I hope you don't mind your post being edited, IS, in the pursuit of accuracy.

There is also another Sydney Uni player, Chris Chapman, included in the Eagles squad. I don't know how he came to be qualified. Perhaps he was born while the family was on a vacation trip to Disney Land. There are some, of course, who would see that as good fortune.

Informer

Ward Prentice (10)
Chris's mum Lisa is a septic so he has no problems qualifying. Very solid ex Gordon junior who should go well at a higher level.

Status
Not open for further replies.