• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

France v Australia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Im calling it.
TGC does not look good in a coat and tie
1415848826643.jpg

ACT Crusader

Jim Lenehan (48)
Im calling it.
TGC does not look good in a coat and tie
1415848826643.jpg

The clean shaven look is a new look as well....

As for the OZ team, good on Cheika for selecting basically the same team. The young blindside will have had the adrenalin pumping last week, first run on test and all, so he will be able to just calm it down a few notches and just play. Good luck to him.

Big test for Horwill. Could stake his claim back as a starter leading into next year.

HighPlainsDrifter

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Hardly ... he's just won 1st prize at the Paris Fashion Week awards Wallaby Division just edging out Laurie Fisher & Chris Handy .... Sartorial Elegance is a state of mind ie. If you think you've got it flaunt it !

B

Bobby Sands

I'm not sure Hunt was a better league player than Izzy? Based on what exactly? But Izzy was never going to be a good AFL player, the guy like most PIs, is built for power running with physical contact - not endurance.

Karmichael was a better footballer than Israel, as he will be a better rugby player. Israel is a much better athlete.

K has a background in rugby, can kick, pass, defend front on and will read the game beautifully.

I think he will either be 12, or 15 in our WC back-line. No way in the world Lilo or To'omua will be better than him. Not within cooee.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
Happy with the team and happy that there is some consistency in selection. I'm OK with McMahon getting another go, for a couple of reasons:

a, He got better as the game went on last week and will relish the opportunity to front up again and prove he belongs at this level (I certainly think he does).
b, France are likely to select two flyers and the McMahon/Hooper pairing is a good match up.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Karmichael was a better footballer than Israel, as he will be a better rugby player. Israel is a much better athlete.

Maybe better footballer if you're trying to find someone will all the skills (i.e. Hunt has far better playmaking ability than Folau).

Folau was close to the best in the game on the wing or in the centres for a couple of years. His tryscoring record is incredible at all levels in league and union.

Hunt is certainly more versatile, but that might only benefit his chances of getting a RWC spot as a utility player. If Folau and Hunt are both healthy, Hunt won't be taking the Wallaby 15 jersey next year.

terry j

Ron Walden (29)
Is it just me, or does there seem like an incredible amount of support for Hunt to be in the Wallaby back line for the RWC without having him seen any play at test level, let alone Super 15 level or even NRC level for the last few years.

Did you mean to say 'WTF?'?

Viking

Mark Ella (57)

K has a background in rugby, can kick, pass, defend front on and will read the game beautifully.

I think he will either be 12, or 15 in our WC back-line. No way in the world Lilo or To'omua will be better than him. Not within cooee.

That is a complete unknown and will be his biggest challenge. I hope you are right though because he has already ticked all the other boxes.

B

Bobby Sands

That is a complete unknown and will be his biggest challenge. I hope you are right though because he has already ticked all the other boxes.

I have watched him play quite a lot of rugby, and I think many people are underestimating the base he is coming from.

HighPlainsDrifter

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Cheika seems to know how to keep the "fires burning" in the squad by throwing the gauntlet out to those outside the XV to fight for their positions on the bench . I don't think that he can be much fairer than that and helps instil pride in the Wallabies jersey that may have been missing in recent times for both players and the paying public . Ladies & Gentlemen the intensity has just lifted a notch . Those that make onto the bench know they've earned it and those in the XV will truly cherish it . Also it was heartening to hear Cheika say "We want to make Australia Proud", so leave your state affiliations at the door and "let the games begin !" GO WALLABIES !!!!

TahDan

Cyril Towers (30)
What's the story with Speight at the moment? I like AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) and all, but Speight just has that raw power and speed that you just can't beat in big games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom