• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

France v Australia

Status
Not open for further replies.

KOB1987

John Eales (66)
He was poor in his one game at 12, in TRC. But yep he can do an ok job at 12.

yes, that was when he came on for most of the game (for To'omua) v Argentina at Mendoza..the general consensus was that he shouldn't ever play 12 for the Wallabies again..

That said, I am one that puts that game down as an anomaly from several aspects..

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
Horne should be a 13. AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) will be gone after the RWC. Having Kuridrani and Horne fighting it out for the 13 jersey would be ideal.

Tomikin

David Codey (61)
Horne should be a 13. AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) will be gone after the RWC. Having Kuridrani and Horne fighting it out for the 13 jersey would be ideal.
Thats where Horne started but he never really warmed up there (injuries mostly). There's a few other big boys coming through Nigel Ah Wong in Canberra, Kervi in Qld.. Cos qld.. Qutside C is looking good.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
7am EDT is a very user friendly kick off time for a euro test..

Something like a 9pm kick-off Paris time.

As near as I can tell there's been light showers, mist and fog all week. Forecast for tonight is cloudy with a little chance of rain, about 6 degrees.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
I wanna see TK skittle the French tonight. Another run were he knocks too guys on there arse which ends up leading to a try. Beast mode engaged.

I remember when Jake White first played him at 13. The trial last year vs the Force in Darwin. He was unstoppable in the way he is playing now. Just brutal in contact. He left a tail of defenders on his arse that night. We haven't seen a center in Australia with his level of physicality since Mortlock.

mudskipper

Colin Windon (37)
I'd like to see some TK and speight time in gold... Together they're a powerful outside back combo with izzy woww... Make it happen cheika !!!

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
Thats where Horne started but he never really warmed up there (injuries mostly). There's a few other big boys coming through Nigel Ah Wong in Canberra, Kervi in Qld.. Cos qld.. Qutside C is looking good.

I recall a few solid games in gold. At least defensively he was always solid at 13. Never shown much on attack but we see a lot of powerful runs from him now. I hope your right about the other guys I was thinking after TK and AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper), both world-class options, but after them there is daylight.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
I recall a few solid games in gold. At least defensively he was always solid at 13. Never shown much on attack but we see a lot of powerful runs from him now. I hope your right about the other guys I was thinking after TK and AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper), both world-class options, but after them there is daylight.
I think Horne is really becoming that solid, dependable guy that will do the job. Is he a world-beater? No. But he won't usually let you down. Whether it be at 12, 13 or wing. Very handy guy to have in a squad at any level. Credit to him - he sucked it up being shunted to the wing, and made something of it.

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
I think Horne is really becoming that solid, dependable guy that will do the job. Is he a world-beater? No. But he won't usually let you down. Whether it be at 12, 13 or wing. Very handy guy to have in a squad at any level. Credit to him - he sucked it up being shunted to the wing, and made something of it.

He is certainly solid. But I actually think he could be a world-class 13. He is one of the best defenders in the game, and if he adds in those powerful runs of his, and I even seen some successful stepping recently, plus he's got to be a decent distributor since he plays a bit of 12. Ticks all the boxes to be a very good 13 in my books.

Biffo

Ken Catchpole (46)
He is certainly solid. But I actually think he could be a world-class 13. He is one of the best defenders in the game, and if he adds in those powerful runs of his, and I even seen some successful stepping recently, plus he's got to be a decent distributor since he plays a bit of 12. Ticks all the boxes to be a very good 13 in my books.

i have been a Horne advocate/defender for a long time and still am - if anything, my liking for the bloke is increasing.
he has excellent skills, is very tough, is a safe and hurtful tackler (you there, Mr Steyn?) and seems to have a great feeling for the game and almost always knows what to do.
he is surely in our best 23 players.

but, i am still wracking my brain re his best role for the team.
if anything, i'd say 13.
how about Mr Dwyer's Kuridrani at 12 and Horne at 13?
i like it a lot, but think they'd need at least a full season together in the Soup to work it out.

i wonder if the Brumbies would like to trade Kuridrani to the Tahs for Beale (and maybe Benn Robinson) in return?
please?

Tomikin

David Codey (61)
I'd like to see some TK and speight time in gold. Together they're a powerful outside back combo with izzy woww. Make it happen cheika !!!
No Speight didn't get in before the Tahs Coach came in..His screwed TK has a KPI of at least 15 tackle busts and 150 metres a try or two try assists or else his out as well ;). Remember AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) the best 13 in oz.

*jks*

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
i have been a Horne advocate/defender for a long time and still am - if anything, my liking for the bloke is increasing.
he has excellent skills, is very tough, is a safe and hurtful tackler (you there, Mr Steyn?) and seems to have a great feeling for the game and almost always knows what to do.
he is surely in our best 23 players.

but, i am still wracking my brain re his best role for the team.
if anything, i'd say 13.
how about Mr Dwyer's Kuridrani at 12 and Horne at 13?
i like it a lot, but think they'd need at least a full season together in the Soup to work it out.

i wonder if the Brumbies would like to trade Kuridrani to the Tahs for Beale (and maybe Benn Robinson) in return?
please?

No thanks. You keep Beale! We'll take Horne though and you can Alexander.

Kuridrani at 12 is interesting. Does he have the distribution skills though? The best 12's in the world do. Nonu and SBW are perfect examples. I'm not a fan of just simply putting in a crash baller at 12 - refer to the welsh guy Robinson I think? He is good and effective, but a good defender will get up quick and shut them down, refer to Lilo last match. I'd take a Nonu/SBW style anyday. My favourite style of 12.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
No thanks. You keep Beale! We'll take Horne though and you can Alexander.

Kuridrani at 12 is interesting. Does he have the distribution skills though? The best 12's in the world do. Nonu and SBW are perfect examples. I'm not a fan of just simply putting in a crash baller at 12 - refer to the welsh guy Robinson I think? He is good and effective, but a good defender will get up quick and shut them down, refer to Lilo last match. I'd take a Nonu/SBW style anyday. My favourite style of 12.
You couldn't sell that deal to Alan Bond. :p

Tomikin

David Codey (61)
Why the fuck would you move TK he could be 13 for nearly 3 world cups.

It was a massive f'up that Ewen didn't play him 13 out the box like last year's end of season.

His good in Tight but his better in the outside channel

Status
Not open for further replies.