• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

France v Australia

Status
Not open for further replies.

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
And Folau..what a waste of space.

In a thread with plenty of rubbish, this almost takes the cake.

Jesus, imagine if we won!

Again, though, we come back to things we always say on this forum- we want to 'blood' players, but then when they underperform we want to throw them on the scrapheap. Skelton is a prime example- I thought he did OK (few good things, few bad) but blokes on here want him on the plane home.

Same with McMahon- sensational one week, rubbish the next.

We need to remember this is a new coach and a new system. It took almost six months with Link, and we are expecting Cheik to get it done in two weeks?

It is what it is

John Solomon (38)
For all the Cheika knockers out there;
It's been really courageous of you to bag the shit out of him after 3 weeks in charge.
How much impact have you ever made yourselves after 3 weeks in a new job?
Did anyone critique you after that 3 weeks, and also declare that you will fail to achieve your major goal even though it was 11 months away?

Bowside

Peter Johnson (47)
The worst thing about the wallabies is that there are no easy fixes.

We all know Alexander, Fatcat, Horwill etc are not upto text rugby. But there is hardly anyone to replace them.

I think Aus rugby contracts need to become more flexible so we can keep more players in the system. Mowen, Kimlin, Anae and Douglas would have been welcome additions to the pack last night.

It is what it is

John Solomon (38)

We all know Alexander, Fatcat, Horwill etc are not upto text rugby. But there is hardly anyone to replace them.

I think Aus rugby contracts need to become more flexible so we can keep more players in the system. Mowen, Kimlin, Anae and Douglas would have been welcome additions to the pack last night.

It will happen and soon Bowside, watch this space.

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member

Well this could be a new winner- suggesting Albert Anae would have been a 'welcome addition'. Fuck me.

I get what you're saying Bowside but come on, he barely played for the Reds.

HighPlainsDrifter

Jimmy Flynn (14)
MHCS , Just a couple of smorgasbords and a few Guinness's should do it ... off to the pub now - but at 6ft 3 and with Skelton in the pack the scrum would look more like the Guggenheim museum in Bilbao .. Oh,by the way who is my chaperone for the flight ?

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
Wallabies made a huge amount of handling errors in the game vs France, but still could have won the game in the last minute. I cant see the Wob's being that poor two weeks in a row.
They weren't that crash hot last week. Piss poor this week. And then there was Argentina. One might say there is already a pattern.

Also, talking of people off their game, our nige needs to have a look at his last couple of games. Think teams are getting the hang of which laws he enforces. Particularly offside. France backs might be quick but they're not usain bolt.

I'm back to thanking God we can't have him ref our games

Jagman

Trevor Allan (34)
Wallabies really remind me of 2013 Waratahs. You could see the same stubborn drive to enforce their game plan even when it looks like it's not working. It started to work in the last 15 minutes or so. In the end a 3 point loss to an on fire French with home ground advantage is not going to translate to much if we meet them next year in London.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Can someone explain the new system to me? To me things look exactly as they were under Link. What are we doing differently or trying to do differently?

We're rushing up and if necessary in in defence.
IMO that's why we've been gapped down the sidelines lately - not saying it can't work it will just take time

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
Can someone explain the new system to me? To me things look exactly as they were under Link. What are we doing differently or trying to do differently?
Think he is trying to give team chance to express themselves and improvise rather than set plays. Could be great idea. Could be headless rabble

It is what it is

John Solomon (38)

No.
If I remember correctly you couldn't explain the old system when asked.
So even if someone patiently took the time to explain the new system, you wouldn't know the difference.

Lorenzo

Colin Windon (37)
No.
If I remember correctly you couldn't explain the old system when asked.
So even if someone patiently took the time to explain the new system, you wouldn't know the difference.

I don't think you remember what you did this morning.

But to the point - I didn't understand the old system either. I mean, successful as it was (50%).

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Wallabies really remind me of 2013 Waratahs. You could see the same stubborn drive to enforce their game plan even when it looks like it's not working. It started to work in the last 15 minutes or so. In the end a 3 point loss to an on fire French with home ground advantage is not going to translate to much if we meet them next year in London.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Although in fairness, the French had 14 players for the last 8-9 minutes.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Think he is trying to give team chance to express themselves and improvise rather than set plays. Could be great idea. Could be headless rabble

In fact, it's similar in many ways to how the French played, brick wall defence, flat attack and spread the ball quickly on turnovers. It takes a while to get the timing and combinations working though and 3 weeks isn't enough time to do so.

Lorenzo

Colin Windon (37)
In fact, it's similar in many ways to how the French played, brick wall defence, flat attack and spread the ball quickly on turnovers. It takes a while to get the timing and combinations working though and 3 weeks isn't enough time to do so.

There had better be a shit tonne more to it than that, if "new system" is going to be the weekly excuse.

how long are you giving him, just out of interest?

Status
Not open for further replies.