• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

France v Wallabies (RWC Warm-up), 28/8 1.45AM AEST

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Porecki had an unusual game. Fluffed his throwing a few times which is uncharacteristic but also looked dominant in the tackle, also uncharacteristic.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
As much as I am all about supporting the Wallabies I think most of my enjoyment of this world cup will be via schadenfreude.

Backline defence for Penaut's second was some of the worst I've seen recently. Whoever thinks we are improving is wrong.

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
It’s not only Carters kicking that is not up to scratch. He is a rookie. Of course he should be there in the squad but so should an old hand that can kick and step in when Carter is having an off day or injured.

Beg QC (Quade Cooper) to come back Jones. You know it makes sense………

Tomthumb

Colin Windon (37)
It’s not only Carters kicking that is not up to scratch. He is a rookie. Of course he should be there in the squad but so should an old hand that can kick and step in when Carter is having an off day or injured.

Beg QC (Quade Cooper) (Quade Cooper) to come back Jones. You know it makes sense………
Quade vs Danty on the charge, yeah that would have gone great

John S

Chilla Wilson (44)
Porecki had an unusual game. Fluffed his throwing a few times which is uncharacteristic but also looked dominant in the tackle, also uncharacteristic.
Yeah, he was a little off with his throws - I think he got pinged for a not straight throw right after the Frogs got away with a not straight throw, so I'm not too down on that.

Yes, it looks like he's worked on his tackling.

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
As much as I am all about supporting the Wallabies I think most of my enjoyment of this world cup will be via schadenfreude.

Backline defence for Penaut's second was some of the worst I've seen recently. Whoever thinks we are improving is wrong.
Thats how it looks. We are on the wrong curve. Hope to be proven wrong

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
Defence was very odd at times. Really poor defence tactically.

Oviously carter missing 8 points at least and then us losing the option to take 3 points is a massive issue. Score board pressure is real.
Wallabies butchered a couple of trys. If they take their oppertunity and Gordan can kick the game would have been close.

I didn't even watch the full game. Just the Mini this morning. The refereeing from the mini looked very one sided. French players crying and milking high shots. Softest yellow I've seen in ages from a counter ruck gone wrong, some poor decisions. At the end of the day wallabies blew so many oppertunites and couldn't put pressure on with the boot which lost them the game. France scored some nice trys.

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
Quade vs Danty on the charge, yeah that would have gone great
You think it makes sense having one 10 in the squad and that this 10 is a young bloke unproven at test level? Quade would have hit most of those goals and have provided better direction.
I like Carter but he is just a kid in terms of test footy and should not be thrust into this role with no viable back up. We should all agree on that, even the QC (Quade Cooper) haters like yourself. Jesus, even Lolesio would be a good pick right now.

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
It's quite likely we go 5-0 in the next 5 however (and they're the ones that count).

Not trying to excuse him but it's SA in SA, Arg, NZ, NZ, France. We only just lost to Argentina too. 0-5 is a bad look but misleading.

He does absolutely need to go 5-0 next 5.
So we are succumbing to being shit then? Fair enough never going to beat sa in sa, NZ in NZ but a win over NZ in aus, should have beat Argentina and didn't. And now this game where we had all the oppertunites and didn't take any of them.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
So we are succumbing to being shit then? Fair enough never going to beat sa in sa, NZ in NZ but a win over NZ in aus, should have beat Argentina and didn't. And now this game where we had all the oppertunites and didn't take any of them.
You present this as if it is an option. We simply are shit.

What's Eddie's strategy for winning? We aren't going to outscore any team in a shootout given our horrendous defence. We can't strangle a tight one with the worst discipline in tier 1. We can't build scoreboard pressure without a goal kicker. May as well tie the boys hands behind their back before they run out.

hifflepiff

Charlie Fox (21)
Worried Carter Gordon is going to be just another on the long list of talented young Australian players mismanaged by desperate coaches.

dillyboy

Nev Cottrell (35)
Gordon has a great pass, never been an average part of his game.
It’s the kicking that’s a worry.
That's what I'm saying - it's his kick pass (as is kick it to the wing as a pass) that's not there.

His passing from the hand is brilliant

Members Section

John Thornett (49)
So half the ppl here want Carter gone because he missed 3 off the tee & lost a 1v1 with the biggest 12 in the sport????????????

He was by no means bad last night. He's played 5 test matches now 5!!!!! & started 3. Only 1 of them you could say he put in an average days work then the next week he was our best player. Seriously what are ppls expectations?

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
You think it makes sense having one 10 in the squad and that this 10 is a young bloke unproven at test level? Quade would have hit most of those goals and have provided better direction.
I like Carter but he is just a kid in terms of test footy and should not be thrust into this role with no viable back up. We should all agree on that, even the QC (Quade Cooper) (Quade Cooper) haters like yourself. Jesus, even Lolesio would be a good pick right now.

Lolesios boot in the last 20min would be ideal . Comparing him with Donaldson and Lolesio seems like a far better option.
But then so does Quade compared to Lolesio.
If only either of them played for Randwick.

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
So half the ppl here want Carter gone because he missed 3 off the tee & lost a 1v1 with the biggest 12 in the sport????????????

He was by no means bad last night. He's played 5 test matches now 5!!!!! & started 3. Only 1 of them you could say he put in an average days work then the next week he was our best player. Seriously what are ppls expectations?
No one wants him gone. We just want some one else to do the goal kicking. He’s got enough in his plate already.