• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Friday 8th May, Rebels v Blues @ AAMI Park

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grant NZ

Bill Watson (15)
It can't have been a quick throw as the touchie had marked the position in the ground where the ball was thrown from. There was no lineout set from the Blues so no reason to call it up, from my understanding.

Higgers hits back as I type.

Then it shouldn't have been allowed, cause the Rebels didn't give the Blues a chance to form. And if it was a regular lineout, there were about 8 Rebels offside.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Fuglistaller on for Fainga'a, I wouldn't have done that yet. Not sure I understand Totality Tony's love of Fuglistaller, I would take Reid and Fainga'a just about every time.

Blues player with a friendly fire punch!

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Is it more tit for tat meat pies?

Yep says the TMO, and the difference between the teams stays around 11 points.

It is also the 4 Try Bonus Point for the Rebels. Aussie Mike nails the kick from the sideline.

Rebels 35 Blues 22 after 70 minutes. Blues need 2 converted tries to take the lead.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Wow that's seriously borderline. That's a hard call, looks back to his shoulder then maybe forward, maybe line ball.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Given, TMO calls are going the way of the Rebels tonight.

But it's the pattern of the game, Blues get back in it and immediately the Rebels go more than a converted try back in front.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Think we've started getting some home town calls in the last 2 games. About time too, last one I remember before the last few games was round 2 2011 with that last minute penalty for our first win.

ACR

Desmond Connor (43)
Ref calls out "release him on the ground". It's called a PENALTY REF.

^^^true.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
The ref has been poor at stopping teams slowing down and lying on the ball at ruck time all game, doubt he's going to change now.

Bit of a mistake-a-thon, poor Blues scrum gives the Rebels a penalty but Sexton somehow makes Leafa look like a straight lineout thrower.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Debreczini in, Shipperley beats some woeful Blues defence to give Debreczini the easiest run in. Rebels win with a bonus point.

Turnover came from Reid.

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
Great try Rebels. Pretty comprehensive win. defence has improved massively this year. My MOTM will be either Fainga'a or Reid. Great play. Surely Kirwan is the RGraham of NZ coaching, with the talent in that Blues side it is a crime against rugby how they have underperformed since he took over.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
42 - 22 to the Rebels.

Rebels move to 29 points, not too far off the finals. Just 3 points behind the Brumbies and 2 points behind the Tahs, but the Tahs have a game in hand.

Most successful season ever for the Rebels. Well done to them.

Rock Lobster

Larry Dwyer (12)
Great win rebels but Tony..why the fuck would you bring your best player off with 20min to go. Fainga'a was absolutely killing it, just because you have a pre match plan to replace him with Fugs with 20 to doesn't mean you have to follow through with it

Status
Not open for further replies.