• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

G&GR and the ARU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gagger

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Staff member
Men,

Just to let you know that this morning I had a meeting (by Phone) with the ARU to discuss how we might work together with them.

In a nutshell they really like what we're doing and see it as important for the game overall. We came up with some ideas about creating new content and sharing it, which you'll see over the months to come. I'll probably be back asking for suggestions at some stage, but if anyone's got any ideas for stuff you'd like to see that we could do with the ARU/Wallabies (as well as free tickets!) then let me know.

None of this requires us to change in anyway, just thought you'd like to know.

Gaggs

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Fuck em. 8)

In any case, a player database not unlike stats.allblacks.com would be a good idea. I'm not suggesting we do it for them, but I'd like to help with such a thing (PHP/MySQL) if possible if they give us certain data e.g. like player id numbers.

Newb

Trevor Allan (34)
i think more behind the scenes access would be great. maybe some looks in at practice for our roving reporters or exclusive interviews. that kind of thing. i guess this falls under "access".

giveaways would be nice for you codpieces living in aus.... :angryfire: :violin:

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Newb old son - If you desert the greatest country in the world, you suffer the consequences ;)

naza

Alan Cameron (40)
NTA said:
Fuck em. 8)

In any case, a player database not unlike stats.allblacks.com would be a good idea. I'm not suggesting we do it for them, but I'd like to help with such a thing (PHP/MySQL) if possible if they give us certain data e.g. like player id numbers.

Seconded.

As long as they keep away from our forum.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Obviously the big plus is media accredidation and access to players and press conferences. But you don't want to lose any edge by having to toe a line set by the ARU.

An occasionaly column or blog or peice written by a player with a sense of humour might be nice. Even if slightly ghost written.

Content even by past players would be interesting.

I dream of a piece written by J'ON taking the piss out of himself.

Newb

Trevor Allan (34)
NTA said:
Newb old son - If you desert the greatest country in the world, you suffer the consequences ;)

only ever there for about 6 months. but you're right, i should have just stayed. expiring student visa be damned!

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Gagger said:
Men,

Just to let you know that this morning I had a meeting (by Phone) with the ARU to discuss how we might work together with them.

In a nutshell they really like what we're doing and see it as important for the game overall. We came up with some ideas about creating new content and sharing it, which you'll see over the months to come. I'll probably be back asking for suggestions at some stage, but if anyone's got any ideas for stuff you'd like to see that we could do with the ARU/Wallabies (as well as free tickets!) then let me know.

None of this requires us to change in anyway, just thought you'd like to know.

Gaggs
Think it can be very usefull. Saw on the Valies forum (www.lionsworld.co.za) where their Ceo posting on their forum.

They have a direct section with threads asking questions regarding players, coaching , exct. Pretty usefull to say the least and good communication between supporters and the union.

Dunno if it will work here with the amount of negativety coming from some of the forums members.

MajorlyRagerly

Trevor Allan (34)
Thats a nice little coup for you boys here, well done.

Potential downfalls are I suppose, they may look to edit content, such as rumours etc which are posted here if they are seen to be affiliated. Also any bad press given about a contracted player may cause issues.

But I guess this isn't stuff you haven't thought of, so I'll just say good work Gagger and Co.

Lance Free

Arch Winning (36)
Spook said:
Gags, well done. :thumb

Spook - your T-shirt's not too far away. When the time comes I'll get you to email me with your size and address (the email address will become apparent once the T-shirt launch happens).

On the ARU matter - they say they're not interested in changing any of our opinions or content because that's the attraction of the site.

Biffo

Ken Catchpole (46)
Well done, Blokes [SIC]

It's hard to define what G and GR might do that should not be on rugby.com.au. Perhaps the best would be opinion, rather than fact which is rugby.com.au's purpose. I'm with the idea of interviews with players with a sense of humour and with John O'Neill.

I'd like to know something about the Wallabies' non-rugby interests - studies, businesses, intentions after rugby and so on.

C

chief

Biffo said:
Well done, Blokes [SIC]

It's hard to define what G and GR might do that should not be on rugby.com.au. Perhaps the best would be opinion, rather than fact which is rugby.com.au's purpose. I'm with the idea of interviews with players with a sense of humour and with John O'Neill.

I'd like to know something about the Wallabies' non-rugby interests - studies, businesses, intentions after rugby and so on.

Half of the Reds squad are interested in Real Estate

Scotty

David Codey (61)
On the ARU matter - they say they're not interested in changing any of our opinions or content because that's the attraction of the site.

They must have read the threads on Tony Dempsey.

Scotty

David Codey (61)
An online chat/interview or such to some of the management and or players would be great. Head of the list would have to be Deans.

We also need to think how we can help or further support them in return. (Not by towing the line of course.)

Biffo

Ken Catchpole (46)
Scotty said:
An online chat/interview or such to some of the management and or players would be great. Head of the list would have to be Deans.

We also need to think how we can help or further support them in return. (Not by towing the line of course.)

Agree entirely ... except that we don't object to towing the line, only to toeing it :)

It goes without saying that every poster here - except PB, Blue, the Garden Leprechaun and the kiwi riffraff - would do anything we could to help the Wallaby cause.

I look forward to exchanges of ideas between Robbie D and Scarfie :)

Gagger

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Staff member
All good stuff guys.

NTA - fantastic idea and we're gonna hold you to that offer of programming help!

S

Spook

Lance Free said:
Spook said:
Gags, well done. :thumb

Spook - your T-shirt's not too far away. When the time comes I'll get you to email me with your size and address (the email address will become apparent once the T-shirt launch happens).

You don't need to give it to me for free. Don't want to bleed you dry. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.